Moonshell 2.08 + Acekard2i woes

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by witchettygrub, Dec 6, 2009.

Dec 6, 2009
  1. witchettygrub
    OP

Newcomer witchettygrub Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all; my first post at gbatemp, i am hoping someone can help me on this one...

I am trying to get Moonshell 2.08 to play ball with my Acekard2i (v4.18) on my DSi (1.4E). I can ONLY get Moonshell to run by starting it through DSOrganizer; if i try it from the root, i get nothing but an immediate white screen of death where i should get language setup or prompt messages as Moonshell starts.

I have tried multiple SD cards as well as configuring the language properly with languagesetup.exe and using the DLDI Autopatcher config tool provided...still no dice!

I am using the proper Moonshell 2.08 and Acekard software; i just cant make sense of this, maybe it is a DLDI issue even though i seem to have configured things properly?

Any help would be very much appreciated....thanks

2. FirstDuke

Newcomer FirstDuke Member

Malaysia
    why dont u try using akaio 1.5?? here is the address http://normmatt.com/akaio/AKAIO.1.5.rar.
    remember to update the latest loader

to chg language in moonshell 2, u have to insert the sd card to your pc and run language tool come with the moonshell folder

3. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    you need to use the directboot version, because otherwise you'll get the white screens. And i also recommend using AKAIO 1.5, the official firmware isn't supported anymore.

4. witchettygrub
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies!

hmmm...i tried the direct boot .nds before posting the topic; instead of the WSOD i get the message ARM7/9 memory check error "there is a loss in the main body of the ARM9 code, please copy imgview.nds again".

I have formatted all SD Cards i have tried with the Panasonic formatter; all files seem to be in the right place and i have installed Moonshell to the letter including proper language setup etc. I wonder why i can only get it to run thru DSOrganize??

When you say the official firmware is not supported, do you mean Moonshell recommends the AKIO 1.5 firmware instead??

Thanks

5. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    no, AKAIO is certainly better then the official firmware (which hasn't been updated in donkeys) it has superb rom compatability. To put it like this, most of us who use the AK, noly bought it becasue of AKAIO.

6. witchettygrub
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well the AKAIO 1.5 firmware is going to have to wait...

I decided to try the HWID81 update off of Acekards site before trying AKAIO....and it's bricked my Acekard2i! Charming [​IMG]

Unless there is some kind of USB flashing adapter out there, i am goosed! That is unless the place i bought it will flash it or exchange it since i have only had it a couple of days....

fingers crossed!

7. witchettygrub
    OP

United Kingdom
    I don't give up that easy...

DS Lite to the rescue!....was able to use a DS Lite to boot the Acekard and reflash the AK2i 1.4 firmware...PHEW! [​IMG]

...OK in my DSi now

I then used AKAIO 1.5 instead of Acekards 4.18 software and low and behold...Moonshell 2.08 works first time every time [​IMG]

...thanks all; i guess i will be using AKAIO from now on!

8. FirstDuke

Newcomer FirstDuke Member

Malaysia
    to make sure ur moonshell works everytime remember to turn off the disk check

9. Christopher8827

Member Christopher8827 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    What? The disk check just does what it says, checks the memory card for errors. It shouldn't cause errors.

10. env

Member env GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    But if it detects an error, you can't use it(moonshell) and force you to backup and reformat your card. [​IMG]

11. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    That's good in the long run.