Homebrew Moonshell 2.08 + Acekard2i woes

witchettygrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all; my first post at gbatemp, i am hoping someone can help me on this one...

I am trying to get Moonshell 2.08 to play ball with my Acekard2i (v4.18) on my DSi (1.4E). I can ONLY get Moonshell to run by starting it through DSOrganizer; if i try it from the root, i get nothing but an immediate white screen of death where i should get language setup or prompt messages as Moonshell starts.

I have tried multiple SD cards as well as configuring the language properly with languagesetup.exe and using the DLDI Autopatcher config tool provided...still no dice!

I am using the proper Moonshell 2.08 and Acekard software; i just cant make sense of this, maybe it is a DLDI issue even though i seem to have configured things properly?

Any help would be very much appreciated....thanks

witchettygrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies!

hmmm...i tried the direct boot .nds before posting the topic; instead of the WSOD i get the message ARM7/9 memory check error "there is a loss in the main body of the ARM9 code, please copy imgview.nds again".

I have formatted all SD Cards i have tried with the Panasonic formatter; all files seem to be in the right place and i have installed Moonshell to the letter including proper language setup etc. I wonder why i can only get it to run thru DSOrganize??

When you say the official firmware is not supported, do you mean Moonshell recommends the AKIO 1.5 firmware instead??

Thanks

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, AKAIO is certainly better then the official firmware (which hasn't been updated in donkeys) it has superb rom compatability. To put it like this, most of us who use the AK, noly bought it becasue of AKAIO.

witchettygrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the AKAIO 1.5 firmware is going to have to wait...

I decided to try the HWID81 update off of Acekards site before trying AKAIO....and it's bricked my Acekard2i! Charming
hate2.gif

Unless there is some kind of USB flashing adapter out there, i am goosed! That is unless the place i bought it will flash it or exchange it since i have only had it a couple of days....

fingers crossed!

witchettygrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't give up that easy...

DS Lite to the rescue!....was able to use a DS Lite to boot the Acekard and reflash the AK2i 1.4 firmware...PHEW!
smileipb2.png

...OK in my DSi now

I then used AKAIO 1.5 instead of Acekards 4.18 software and low and behold...Moonshell 2.08 works first time every time
gbasp.gif

...thanks all; i guess i will be using AKAIO from now on!

env

Trophies
XP
Country
Christopher8827 said:
FirstDuke said:
to make sure ur moonshell works everytime remember to turn off the disk check

What? The disk check just does what it says, checks the memory card for errors. It shouldn't cause errors.
But if it detects an error, you can't use it(moonshell) and force you to backup and reformat your card.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2