Hacking Moonlight Vita Alpha Released!

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo.... Me being a noob failed to acknowledge that it runs using Nvidia tech. *Sighs* this is what I get for being an AMD user... Gonna have to keep an eye out for a cheap Nvidia gpu
You have to be running on a certain series. I think you could pick up something from the 900's for kinda cheap. If I remember, a GTX 960 should be around $150-$200 depending on the seller.
Edit: Actually, the 1060 is $300 and has double the performance of the 960 so if you're looking for something, the 1060 could be for you.

Last edited by Magical Sheep,
Reactions: tangotnt

loco365

Trophies
XP
Or a combination of both. Just looked at the GitHub page and saw how to setup your local wifi server/pc but couldn't you figure out your actual IP and connect while not on local wifi. Like if I'm at school? Really hope someone picks this up or the dev gets more time. This is super promising
If you're at school, use a hostednetwork instead ;)

Azuretare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The port developer pomfpomfpomf3 released a video showing new version of moonlight running at 960x544 60 fps with sound.

Could someone please release an apk for this build? I don't know how to built with github or install dependencies. (Also maybe at some point in the future add touchscreen buttons or something for the bumpers and triggers)

Last edited by Azuretare,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I gave it a whirl myself on my home network (tested game MK9):

• First I tried the 5000 kbps version, video was crisp but there was the 1-2 second lag mentioned by reddit user MonoAudioStereo
  • I then tried the 2000 kbps version, which worked much much better but I could tell the lag 1-2 frame lag the dev was talking about on his release thread on reddit. But otherwise very playable, the 30fps were getting to me tho :P
For a first effort this is simply amazing.
I have read these lines before today. Are you from reddit?

kftX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i use it with emulator (pcsx2 , dolphin) ?

You can as long as your games are on Steam. Mine are :P I recommend something like Ice to get your games on Steam.

I have read these lines before today. Are you from reddit?

Yes I am. I use the same nickname there, just with underscores.

Could someone please release an apk for this build? I don't know how to built with github or install dependencies. (Also maybe at some point in the future add touchscreen buttons or something for the bumpers and triggers)

The build is up on his github :P Just go to releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN