Gaming Monster Hunter Tri

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe more people speak japanese than I realized, and I've never played any of the monster hunters. But is this a game you can play w/o any ability what-so-ever to read jap?

I got by just fine on WSR-J, but that's a whole different ballpark I imagine?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marcial said:
WTB a softmod fix to get it running (

Same here. I chose the second option from the top on that screen (instead of the option that causes the black screen/buzzing) and I seemed to get a little farther.

I think after that I was able to choose 1 or 2 player game, but after that I get to a File selection screen and it won't let me proceed with anything.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I figured. Luckily i've never played any of the other MH titles so I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat waiting. It does look really pretty, if nothing else.

mothball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softchip works fine with IOS55. Any loader that uses 249 will freeze when starting the game.

All loaders will freeze during character creation if you try to rename the character (the top option) if you're using a non-Japanese Wii.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mothball said:
Softchip works fine with IOS55. Any loader that uses 249 will freeze when starting the game.

All loaders will freeze during character creation if you try to rename the character (the top option) if you're using a non-Japanese Wii.
Using Cioscorp running through gecko os, I was able to rename, but I think I set the language to Japanese.

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so, people without modchips are without luck?

edit: Nevermind, I'm still kind of new to Wii hacking, Softchip is another homebrew app if I understand

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tojomajojo said:
Zantagor said:
so, people without modchips are without luck?

i thought you needed a modchip to use softchip

Hmm that would kind of defeat the purpose of the name "soft"chip if it required a modchip.

From what I read, you simply need to have the homebrew channel to use softchip. (could be wrong)

tojomajojo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zantagor said:
Hmm that would kind of defeat the purpose of the name "soft"chip if it required a modchip.

oh yeah haha that makes sense. Sorry I've been out of the wii scene for a while and ive been trying to catch myself up.

mothball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
When using softchip I get the error Ioctl error (DI_ReadID) anyone have any idea why?
You need cios55bugfix. It's usually included with cioscorp (that's the only part of it I installed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro