Gaming Monster Hunter Tri

mothball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just get the bugfix (it's its own wad separate from everything else) and install it. That's all. You'll also need cIOS rev 7+; I'm using 10.

JediKwon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it works with softchip that cios55 fixed. Now the problem is that it stops when I try to enter a character's name.

I really know nothing about homebrew stuffs but I think this is related with 'VIDTV patch' function.

Since softchip doesn't support this function I guess I will just have to play the game with my character named 'HUNTER' .

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i searched all the internet but cant find cios55 fix or the new cioscorp
i dont know if its legal to post such things here ... if yes ...can somebody please send me a pm

: /

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone posted this on Blackcats:

"Got it to work on uloader 1.8, with the settings to load to cios223. Also used Hermes' cios223(36+37). Not sure if that part matters.

Can also change the name using this method. Hope it works for everyone else."

I still haven't hacked my wii yet, so I can't confirm.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm, it does work. I tried with uLoader 2.6 and the game loaded just fine, including name changing. Just make sure you use cIOS 223 with IOS37 merged with 36. Seems that's the only way it'll work.

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't hack my wii yet, but what is the process of "IOS37 merged with 36"
wink.gif

wheepenpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you start up Herme's cIOS installer, it will ask which cIOS versions you want to install at 202/222/223... you can install a plain 36 or a combination of 36 and 37/38

Yomoska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kind of new to this wii homebrew stuff, how would I get this game working on a softmodded wii using a burnt dvd-r?

mothball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Gecko was released today, and booting from it allows you to name your character fine. I set the language to Japanese.

http://www.usbgecko.com/Gecko192.zip

Yomoska said:
I'm kind of new to this wii homebrew stuff, how would I get this game working on a softmodded wii using a burnt dvd-r?
You need cios rev 7 or higher; for good measure, just install the latest (rev 14). Find cioscorp somewhere and install only the ciosbugfix55 from that. Download the above Gecko and use it to run the game.

Yomoska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I have another question. I left my SD card at my friends house but is it okay to use a microSD with an SD adapter?

Yomoska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay sorry for asking which stuff kinda off topic but this is my last one. With cios rev14 which IOS do I install.

Edit: I mean when it says "Select IOS version to use during installation"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7