Hacking Monster Hunter Tri Pillarboxing

Maverynthia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a copy of Monster Hunter Tri (US)and found out, what was in the demo is what's in the game. Pillarboxing.
This doesn't show up on some TVs, however it shows up on mine and a few others around Capcom-Unity. The Japanese release of the game doesn't have any pillarboxing and looks fine. (I checked it myself on the same system same settings.)

Does anyone know if there is a hack/patch/cheat/magic hex string that can fix this or if it's possible to engineer one comparing the JP version to the US version?
It'd be nice to play it from the Disc channel if there was some magic hack possible :x (I kinda want the Wii to keep track of my time playing the game... if not oh well. I'd rather have my true 16:9 than a pillarboxed monstrosity)

eleison

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm. I don't know. I've the same "Problem", but if I were you, I wouldn't take the risk to modify the game by hex and/or cheat codes. We don't know how capcom detects hackers, and when You get in there verifing pool and they detect your mod, yyou maybee end up with a ban until 9999.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah if i set my monster hunter tri to widescreen i get black bars if my tv's on widescreen as well. My fix is just to set my wide mode to full on my tv (it still looks WAY better then 4:3). I think it may be like mario party 8, with not true widescreen support (mario party 8 on a widescreen gives black bars with the wii set to 16:9)

edit: actually not black bars for mario party 8, its some weird scrolling background lol

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG USBLoader can keep track of your games just like the disc channel does through the message board. As to whether or not it would fix the problem I can't say.

Maverynthia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
CFG USBLoader can keep track of your games just like the disc channel does through the message board. As to whether or not it would fix the problem I can't say.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at CFG USBLoader. I currently use USBLoader GX.

I might take a look at the files in games and compare them in the mean time. Capcom I guess knows about it but won't do anything, even though the Japanese version is fine :/ :\ :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3