monster hunter tri keep items when you fail a quest?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by awsome8, Jul 1, 2010.

1. awsome8
    OP

Member awsome8 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I want to upgrade my switch axe to a bolt axe and I need one more lagiacrus tail to upgrade. now I of course need to cut off his tail but I don't want to kill him again coz it took AGES!! so if I carve his tail and then fail the quest, do I keep the tail?

2. NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer NeoMatrix2525 Member

United States
    Well, if you carve the tail, and then faint 3 times, then yes, you'll have the tail in your inventory. As I'm sure you're aware, you'll lose the money you spent on the quest, and any items you used. If, instead, you bring up the menu after you carve the tail and select abandon, you'll lose everything you acquired in the quest, including any carved parts. It's like you never started the quest in the first place.

So, to keep it simple: dying until you fail works. abandoning doesn't work.

Aside from that, may I suggest you start playing online if you haven't? I usually take lagi down in ten minutes or so with a good team. Good luck!

3. supersonic5000

Member supersonic5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ^ Yep he got it just don't abandon and you keep everything you picked up on the quest.

4. awsome8
    OP

Member awsome8 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I just started online so I'm like HR 2.

5. kaizer3000

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    1 quickie question: do i need to pay to be online like psn network? or issit like any mario kart wii? only wifi is needed and you can play for free?

6. DarkFocus

Member DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    psn has free online multiplayer, methinks you mean xbox live and no you don't have to pay.

7. EriktheRed

Newcomer EriktheRed Member

United States
    Alternatively you could always cut off the tail and then go back to camp and end via subquest. You still get a (smaller) reward and get to keep everything without having to die three times.