Hacking Monster Hunter Tri freeze?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't have the game. I want to know what is required to get the game to work, so i ask again, will setting SoftChip to IOS249 work?

And remove 002 will cause a green screen freeze on 002b while you get nothing in return.

Littlegator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I figured it out.

Only problem left is that GeckoOS is giving me a "No DVD in drive Error". I'm assuming I burnt it wrong or something.

Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma is giving a disk read error 324.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been hearing that the games does not let you go online if you play it from the USB.
Just letting you know.

Vamosi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I don't have the game. I want to know what is required to get the game to work, so i ask again, will setting SoftChip to IOS249 work?

And remove 002 will cause a green screen freeze on 002b while you get nothing in return.

For me the game will only work using Softchip R99 IOS55 with cIOS55bugfix installed. IOS249 cIOS38 rev14 the game makes that buzzing sound when starting a game.

Lawlmahbawls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with MH3 myself, but mine is being strange. I havn't been able to even get the game to load, I'm using a burned copy and I'm running 3.2U. I've tried loading it with Gecko 1.9.2 and softchip R99, but when the game tries to load I end up getting a black screen. No sound/anything, I know the disk works because after I tried loading with softchip, it appears on the disk channel, with sound and the image.

So what should I use or get so I can get it to work? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, not sure where it should go.

xxxmindtrickxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game running online with the softchip cIOS55 method and the JPN wii shop channel

...the thing that's really grinding my gears right now is that any time the chat keyboard would need to pop up it freezes my game, obviously due to the US not having support for the JP virtual keyboard....including accidentally hitting select too many times to bring up the world chat and if people message ME (which I have no control over).

Is there any safe way or at least recommended settings to change the Wii to JPN region through ARC to prevent these crashes? Or is there a workaround I don't know about?

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safavid said:
  • Alright if you can't get past the menu:
    Install the cIOS55bugfix wad and use Softchip R90(99?) with these settings:
    Game's Language: Japanese
    Patch Country Strings: Disabled
    Autoboot: Disabled
    Silent: Disabled
    Logging: Disabled
    Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
    Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
    Load Requested IOS: Enabled
  • If you can't get past the character name change screen you'll have to:Change your region to Japan with AnyRegionChanger(Guide here, just replace Europe with Japan)
    - Your Wii's language will be in Japanese
    - Load Monster Hunter, create character. Save game in your house.
    - Reset Wii go back to AnyRegionChanger and change everything back to your default settings.
    When you want to make a new character repeat this step(kind of a hassle huh?)
    The reason why the name freeze happens is due to the non-Japanese Wii's virtual keyboard.
I got mine working with uloader 2.7 with cIOS 223 merged with IOS37 merges with 36
There is also the Gecko method
When I try using ARC, I get this thing at the top saying that the menu language doesn't match the system language or something. The screen before said that mismatched regions (The warning at the top) cause semibricks.

Littlegator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've got the game up to the character name part. I've changed my region to 3.2J, and it still freezes. I choose the character name, the character creation GUI goes away, and nothing happens.

EDIT: After reinstalling 223 36/37, the game is working fine.

specialjerm said:
When I try using ARC, I get this thing at the top saying that the menu language doesn't match the system language or something. The screen before said that mismatched regions (The warning at the top) cause semibricks.

The warning will go away once you have actually saved both settings. That means after 3.2J is installed.

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using NeoGamma R8 beta 8, Cios 249 Rev 14...

I tried running it off a DVD, the game starts fine, and when i chose to begin a new game the screen faded to black and froze on black.

Where is the option to try different CIOS? Does CIOS installer install the other ones too? I just dont know where to switch it.

RyoutaDDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:

I tried running it off a DVD, the game starts fine, and when i chose to begin a new game the screen faded to black and froze on black.

Where is the option to try different CIOS? Does CIOS installer install the other ones too? I just dont know where to switch it.
I'm having the same problem

RyoutaDDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:

nysid said:
RyoutaDDC said:
Is there a way to get this working with backup launcher gamma?

QUOTE(RyoutaDDC @ Apr 18 2010, 10:31 AM)
Anyone know how to get this working on neogamma? i'm loading the game on the disc btw
with neogamma, u need cios 249 Rev 19 with ios37 as base ios

vodoochild81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoutaDDC said:
vodoochild81 said:

nysid said:
RyoutaDDC said:
Is there a way to get this working with backup launcher gamma?

QUOTE(RyoutaDDC @ Apr 18 2010, 10:31 AM)
Anyone know how to get this working on neogamma? i'm loading the game on the disc btw
with neogamma, u need cios 249 Rev 19 with ios37 as base ios

How do you know it has ios37? Is there a way to switch it?

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
all right...
i know that is necessary to have cios 249 rev 19 with ios37 as base to run from a dvd...
i have ciosrev19 with ios38 as base, to install wads. Every game run. I have +/- 30 (with the dificult ones).
Now, if i install again cios19 with ios37 as base i will overwrite my installed ciosrev19[38], and i will not be able to install wads?

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@marquesduarte: Do this!
QUOTE said:
1) Launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
2) Choose IOS249 (or your trucha patched IOS36 if you dont have any cIOS installed yet)
3) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. Choose IOS57 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS57-64-v5661.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

4) Now launch BlueDump Alpha3 via the Homebrew Channel
5) Go and find IOS249 in the System Titles and pack it to a Wad

6) Move your IOS249[57] Wad to your Wad directory

7) Now launch AnyTitle Deleter Mod via the Homebrew Channel
8) Go to System Titles and delete both, IOS249 and IOS250

9) Now launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
10) Choose IOS36
11) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. This time, choose IOS38 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS38-64-v3867.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

12) Lauch AnyTitle Deleter Mod and delete your IOS249.

13) Lauch Wad Manager via the Homebrew Channel.
14) Choose IOS250 and ignore the NAND emulation stuff. Browse through your Wad directory and install your dumped IOS249[57]-v19.wad.

Now we have IOS249[57] for USB loading and IOS250[38] for Wad Manager.

IF IOS57 Doesn't work for MH3 Then try the above method with IOS37 instead of 57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet +1