Hacking Monster Hunter Rise & Stories 2 DLC causing crash/black screen on Atmosphere

Tere Valentin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So idk what to make of this issue I have with MHRise and MHStories2. I need advice or suggestions.
My Switch is V1 with Atmosphere 1.1.1 and FW is 13.0.0 and mainly use sysnand.
I always install NSPs in this order: Game - then update - then DLC.
I install games with TInfoil. If issues happen, I then use Goldleaf or Awoo.
Once base game and update are installed, both Rise and Stories2 work perfectly.
Now onto the issue. After I install any or all DLCs for both games and load the games to play them, Rise crashes when it checks for downloaded content and Stores2 stays in an infinite black screen before it can even load my save.
Ive tried NSP files from 5 different sources and they all have the same results.
I even installed game + update + dlc from stealthshops, but they all give same issue.
Ive first tried installing via tinfoil, then goldleaf, then awoo. Same issue.
Ive checked if sigpatches were updated and they are.
I have over 30 games installed (game+update+dlc) and this is my first encounter with such issue.
I done searches for answers, I even searched for an official Atmosphere discord, but I guess it doesnt exist or its super secret.
I have no problem playing the games without DLCs, but before I was able to with no issues and its bothersome to have an issue with no clue of its solution.
Any suggestions and advice are deeply appreciated.
If more details are needed, feel free to ask.

Bigjordeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I am also experiencing this issue. I've also done the same step as you did (Install base -> update -> dlc) and the game crashed when checking for DLC Content.
But the game would run just fine if I don't install a single dlc.

I've also added a file into the Atmosphere>contents>0100B04011742000
I believe that this is the DLC Unlocker, but even so it's still to no avail. Not quite sure if I need to do something in order for the DLC to work.

Please let me know if there's a fix for this. Would really love to use the DLC

Bigjordeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm gonna try downloading the update directly through Tinfoil instead.
It might work. I'll keep it posted

Bigjordeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tried installing DLC through Tinfoil but it failed, and I think it resets my 3.6gb updates, because it prompted me to update the game again

Neffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys/Girls,
I don't know how / where you dl your assets, but be careful on something important : not only the game can be updated, dlc's too, that's why you can find dlc files in {v0} or {v65536} in filename. I used to have your issue, it was because of it, if you update the game but not dlc if they've been updated too, it will cause crashes (btw, it can happen on any game).
The only way to know if your dlc is updated, is to use the tinfoil database.
Cheers and have a good new year eve.

William2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But Tinfoils database says all DLC is v0... There are no "updated dlc" that I can find either... Unless your mean that the the newest update should be installed AFTER DLC to update it or something... Did anyone figure out how to make fix this? Or what caused the issue?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Tinfoils database says all DLC is v0... There are no "updated dlc" that I can find either... Unless your mean that the the newest update should be installed AFTER DLC to update it or something... Did anyone figure out how to make fix this? Or what caused the issue?
Look for the DLC elsewhere.

Tsathoggua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I managed to find the solution. Download the tickets. All you need to do is download the tickets with the option: All dlc, All update, Tickets Only. You need to download game tickets, dlc and update. Of all. separately. I managed to solve this problem on my SMT3. It only takes a few seconds and that's it. Then just refresh the "page", and see if the tickets are in the tabs. Some may be unnamed but it's normal. Never delete tickets. Never.

moonki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I managed to find the solution. Download the tickets. All you need to do is download the tickets with the option: All dlc, All update, Tickets Only. You need to download game tickets, dlc and update. Of all. separately. I managed to solve this problem on my SMT3. It only takes a few seconds and that's it. Then just refresh the "page", and see if the tickets are in the tabs. Some may be unnamed but it's normal. Never delete tickets. Never.
Hello! So, I'm new here lol and I tried that, but like, if I choose "Ticket Only" then it don't download the game, is that right? I have to do that then after, install the game without the "ticket only" option activated?

Tsathoggua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! So, I'm new here lol and I tried that, but like, if I choose "Ticket Only" then it don't download the game, is that right? I have to do that then after, install the game without the "ticket only" option activated?
yes. download the tickets its only the tickets. I stopped downloading games on tinfoil because of these issues. Now I just download by site. What I recommend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh