ROM Hack RELEASE Monster Hunter Rise 60 FPS mod

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have in plans to search how to increase resolution in handheld to native 720p. I'm not into dock research, so if I will find anything by accident regarding dock resolution, I will share it.
thanks we'll wait for that, 756on handheld a bit weird, but native 720p should be awesome, and surely will gain bit more fps

Garuda357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Good work, I have 2 questions since I'm not that familiar with FPS mods and I have only ever tried the enhanced visuals for portable Xenoblade 2 so I think it isn't quite the same process:

-Can you use this patch with that other homebrew(sorry I don't recall the name right now) to change docked mode into handheld to play on TV? I think based on what I have read that people do the opposite and uses Handheld mode with Docked presets
-Will these clock speeds not harm the original model of switch?

If these can be answered reading some sort of FAQ, you can simply redirect me there since I'm not aware if it exists.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good work, I have 2 questions since I'm not that familiar with FPS mods and I have only ever tried the enhanced visuals for portable Xenoblade 2 so I think it isn't quite the same process:

-Can you use this patch with that other homebrew(sorry I don't recall the name right now) to change docked mode into handheld to play on TV? I think based on what I have read that people do the opposite and uses Handheld mode with Docked presets
-Will these clock speeds not harm the original model of switch?

If these can be answered reading some sort of FAQ, you can simply redirect me there since I'm not aware if it exists.
- Yes, but MH Rise implementation of how notification works there needs different treatment if you want to use ReverseNX-RT.
https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-RT#troubleshooting

ReverseNX-Tool should still work as expected.

- On Mariko no problem. On Erista this is debatable because in recent benchmark tests it turns out it may harm Switch in long run (and I don't mean battery only).

Edit: updated exefs patch for 0100B04011742000. I wrongly patched function that before could potentially break game if used.

Last edited by masagrator,

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
- Yes, but MH Rise implementation of how notification works there needs different treatment if you want to use ReverseNX-RT.
https://github.com/masagrator/ReverseNX-RT#troubleshooting

ReverseNX-Tool should still work as expected.

- On Mariko no problem. On Erista this is debatable because in recent benchmark tests it turns out it may harm Switch in long run (and I don't mean battery only).

Edit: updated exefs patch for 0100B04011742000. I wrongly patched function that before could potentially break game if used.

What do you think would happen with an Erista switch at max oc? It does run relatively cool, at least for me it stays within 66c but do you think other components on the motherboard may die cause of the high overclock? Thats the only thing stopping me from max overclock is if I'm really going to kill my Switch after a year or so

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What do you think would happen with an Erista switch at max oc? It does run relatively cool, at least for me it stays within 66c but do you think other components on the motherboard may die cause of the high overclock? Thats the only thing stopping me from max overclock is if I'm really going to kill my Switch after a year or so
lol 66c cool?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
66C is a sign you should do something with thermal paste because this is already higher than average with max clocks (>60C is a sign to do something).

Issue for Erista is with motherboard, you're stressing it with too high current. Dunno how long it will live if you will play constantly with max clocks.

Last edited by masagrator,

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
66C is a sign you should do something with thermal paste because this is already higher than average with max clocks (>60C is a sign to do something).

Issue for Erista is with motherboard, you're stressing it with too high current. Dunno how long it will live if you will play constantly with max clocks.

I usually stay at 62c without even overclocking so I thought it wasnt that bad, but yeah Im planning to repaste it because itll definitely help

Does the Switch automatically adjust its voltage based on clock speed? Or is there some kind of voltage table that Nintendo has deep inside the OS like what GPUs/CPUs have on PC, maybe undervolting the SoC could prove useful for high overclocking if you want to keep it alive for longer since it will draw less current to the motherboard in the first place

Last edited by severhead,

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I usually stay at 62c without even overclocking so I thought it wasnt that bad, but yeah Im planning to repaste it because itll definitely help

Does the Switch automatically adjust its voltage based on clock speed? Or is there some kind of voltage table that Nintendo has deep inside the OS like what GPUs/CPUs have on PC, maybe undervolting the SoC could prove useful for high overclocking if you want to keep it alive for longer since it will draw less current to the motherboard in the first place
undervolting benefit for simple application like mining, but for gaming you w'll get only small improvement on efficiency, artifacts will pop up/system crashing...

severhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
For CPU and GPU - yes. But it's not about temperature. Lowering voltage won't help because it doesn't lower current.

Ah alright my bad, obviously Im not too knowledgeable on all that kinda stuff Id just like to know more about this since overclocking is something im actually doing on my Switch, I think I'm going to buy an unpatched Switch and see if this will actually happen, no idea when Ill get around to it but I'm just going to have every game set to max overclock and see how long it will live, because so far people say its either safe or possibly safe, probably going to have to sacrifice a Switch in order to know the truth

Vakaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Any tweaks for play in 720p 60fps ?

It work good fps in handheld but visual quality is medium i know its a switch lol

Mhky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For CPU and GPU - yes. But it's not about temperature. Lowering voltage won't help because it doesn't lower current.

What's erista/mariko ? Using gpu OC, my fan speed is just too loud to be playable. Going to replace thermal paste anyway, help it will help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.