Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's what I don't understand, I don't know what the hell HR is. That's why I have no idea where to go in the online menu's, I don't know what to click.

HR is Hunter Rank. Hunter Rank is like your "level". There are so called "key quests" that unlocks "urgent quests" and when you complete a urgent quest, your HR will go up, meaning that you can hunt bigger and harder monsters. When you do that, you get better equipments. HR 0-2 are low rank, 3-5 high rank and 6+ are G-rank. Dunno if there's something more, I just got HR6 myself. You really doesn't know what's the key quest if you don't use any guide. And trust me, you will end use guides A LOT. And that OK, since that's what thats about. There isn't tutorials that will hold your hand and grand instant kill Deviljho if you wet yourself when it arrives, but there is MH community! Other players are kind and helpful, so no elitist bastards here like in other games *coughwowcodloletccough*

Here's couple of helpful links:
Weapon trees: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/faqs
Ultimate Hunter Helper: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

Monster Hunter Wikia will include all info that you will need when you hunt. Key quests, monster data (weaknesses and stuff), skill info, weapon and armor set infos and etc. I have it always open in my tablet or cellphone when I'm playing.

Hopefully that helps.

PS: 78h and FINALLY HR6! G-rank quest farming ahoy!

Reactions: Hielkenator
D

Deleted-188346

Other players are kind and helpful, so no elitist bastards here like in other games
You have to be kidding me. The current Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate community is disgusting, and nothing but elitist.

"Anyone having trouble finding <a very rare monster part>? Because I've just found 6, duur."
"Just thought I'd create a topic stating that I can defeat <monster regarded by the community as difficult> with my eyes closed, duur."
"This game is too easy, duur."
"I think I'm going to have trouble with this monster, any advi...oh wait, I just finished it and it was easy lolwtf hahacapcom."

I don't know what happened. Monster Hunter Tri had a great community, one that actually had the humility to admit to a monster being difficult or challenging.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to be kidding me. The current Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate community is disgusting, and nothing but elitist.

"Anyone having trouble finding <a very rare monster part>? Because I've just found 6, duur."
"Just thought I'd create a topic stating that I can defeat <monster regarded by the community as difficult> with my eyes closed, duur."
"This game is too easy, duur."
"I think I'm going to have trouble with this monster, any advi...oh wait, I just finished it and it was easy lolwtf hahacapcom."

I don't know what happened. Monster Hunter Tri had a great community, one that actually had the humility to admit to a monster being difficult or challenging.

Are you talking about MiiVerse? Because I think Kamiyama was talking about the actual players in the game.

I hooked up with some people today and I told them I was new and such and a few vets joined me and weren't hating on me. Fun people to play with.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is fun, but I've got two issues with it. First, HR rank isn't as enticing for replayability as Tri, though some would disagree. Second, the freaking textures are terrible. Some things look beautiful, some things do not. (Anyone who's been to D.Island, Area 10 know this to be true). I know this game is a port, but I wish it was completely overhauled. I would have waited a few more months for that. The biggest thing that surprised me is how I switched from a blade user to a bow user in this game. I never did like bowguns, but the bow and arrow is so fun :D

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the game, and im about 10 hours in. Anyone want to team up and take care of HR1 missions and such? I'm new to the franchise so don't hate me.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best friend and I just got done with HR1 stuff. Haven't done the Urgent Lagi yet, as we actually aren't properly prepared. The available monsters in HR1 and their subsequent armor and weapons just don't seem up to par for going against Lagi without some serious work on Armor Sphere farming (in my opinion, don't hate me). Of course, I'm a switch axe player, so the trees for my weapon of choice may seem a little lack luster as they did in Tri. (Haven't had a chance to look over any weapons trees yet.) Still, loving the game. My wife and I play together, with me on my 3DS. Its been a great experience for us as a couple. The family that games together, stays together. ^_^

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I would help you guys out with the HR1 (or 2) stuff, but the cross-region patch comes next week. I only hit HR4 myself last night to find that HR4 Lagi isn't quite as friendly to me as he used to be in HR2...

Personally I find that the type/element of weapon you use doesn't matter too much in HR1/2. What matters more is learning to get your hits in between attacks and how to avoid attacks. If that's not enough for you, then try and get a full Barroth set for its defence boost. That kept me alive all the way through HR1-3 (I only fainted the very first time against Lagi, and never again until Brachydios).

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I ever stop being tired today I'll help you guys out. I don't mind because I've been farming Lagiacrus forever so I can get the helm and plate from it. Strangely enough, I swear using the Lagia sword and shield against it helps. Anyways, posted some videos on the first post.

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if anyone wants to add me, my NNID is Eurasia21xx. Pm me if you wanna play. I'm still on HR1, and i hate gathering missions D:

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well if anyone wants to add me, my NNID is Eurasia21xx. Pm me if you wanna play. I'm still on HR1, and i hate gathering missions D:

You don't need to do gathering quests to get next Hunter Rank. Just take a look in Monster Hunter Wikia and search for the key quests to Guild Quests.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Multiplayer options include 3DS-3DS via adhoc, 3DS-WiiU via adhoc, WiiU online via Internet, and 3DS online via WiiU proxy.

I don't know if WiiU-WiiU local WiFi works because I only have one WiiU.

Thanks for the reply, I meant specifically about local mutliplayer on a single Wii u. Perhaps splitscreen or maybe one player on the gamepad the other using a pro controller and the TV?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, I meant specifically about local mutliplayer on a single Wii u. Perhaps splitscreen or maybe one player on the gamepad the other using a pro controller and the TV?
On a single WiiU, your only option is one person playing on WiiU, and everybody else playing on 3DS. No splitscreen option exists, and the gamepad acts the same as the bottom screen on the 3DS version anyway (shows the map and some shortcut buttons). And if you use a pro controller, you will disable the controls on the gamepad (because you can't control both at once) although the touchscreen will still work as normal.

Next week an update is being released to let you play on the gamepad without the TV, but that's not really relevant to your question.

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch is actually tomorrow at 5:00pm EST for Off-TV play.

The game is great but so vast. Sadly I know no one so am always looking for some place for noobs to unite. I always have trouble doing subquest such as acquiring Barroth Tails and Flints. >_>

Give me an add; my NNID is Hmirza.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The patch is actually tomorrow at 5:00pm EST for Off-TV play.

The game is great but so vast. Sadly I know no one so am always looking for some place for noobs to unite. I always have trouble doing subquest such as acquiring Barroth Tails and Flints. >_>

Give me an add; my NNID is Hmirza.

Just go to freeplay and look for people doing HR1 quests, or go to the beginners lobby.

Also the Update came out. Off-Tv Play and Cross Region online play with Europe and North America.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Local multiplayer and online multiplayer are different options in the game. It's one or the other. Besides, the hardware doesn't work like that - its either WiFi in adhoc for local multiplayer, or WiFi normal for online play. You can't have it both ways, and this is exactly why the Ethernet needs to be plugged in for the relay app to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1