1. elmariachi

elmariachi GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

why would they ban you? capcom doesn't care what sys menu you're on ...

2. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Doesn't work for me.. as soon as i pick New Game in the start menu, the whole Wii freezes. I'm using softmodded EU wii 4.2

with neogamma r7.

Something i need to update etc?

Tried to play Medal of Honor heroes 2, and that thing just froze for me on the wrist wrap screen.

I went to the rev 19 page or whatever, but seem to be missing something, i put the Ios thing on the card, but don't really understand what kind of "installer" they are talking about.

I just launched the thing in the WAD Manager but didn't get much out of it, since it asked me to install a WAD, but i haven't actually added one.. to the SD card. :S

3. JoeHero31

JoeHero31 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When you click here and download the ios249 rev 19 zip file you will need to create a folder called ios249 and put that in your app folder on your SD card. Rename the cIOSX_rev19-Installer.dol to boot.dol and put that in the ios249 folder you created in your app folder on your SD card. Now put your SD card in your wii and go to homebrew. Look for the 249 installer it will have no banner image just text then load it. You will select ios249 and then for the base you will select 37. When it ask you to install from wad switch it so it says network. I have a network connection so i downloaded all the files i need from the network. I recommend a network connection for an easier method. If you do not have network you will need to create a wad file out of the cIOSX_rev19-Installer.dol. There are instructions online on how to do this. I would also recommend getting configurable loader v56 and neogamma r8 final. Check my previous post for links to the configurable loader and all the ios's you'll need. Good luck and happy gaming. Click here to see how i loaded the game Monster Hunter Tri (3)

EDIT:I would like you all to know that if you have channels created through the wbfs manager they will no longer work if you install IOS249 Rev 19 base 37. You will also find out that some of those wads you have been saving will no longer install. If you did this you can re-install 249 rev 19 with base 57 for the WADs & Channels to work again. I will look into getting the wads & channels to work with the base 37 but i think i am wasting my time as i had this working fine with IOS223 with hermes v4 and others got it working on IOS222 hermes v4. It depends on what your base is??? If you have merged 37 and 38 or have base 38 this method should work for you on 4.1u systems.

4. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Awesome, thanks! I'll gte back to you if i run into any problems!

5. saito1234

saito1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can't play with my official 3.2E firmware, every game worked so far with neogamma r8, but this game beeps and there is a black screen after "new game", i don't want to install cios ... is it possible to play without that?
    (I have a Wiikey 1)

6. DarkWay

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

the only other way I know of that would work is for you to buy the real game, otherwise so far your only other option is to instal cIOS 249 rev 19 using hermes v4 installer

7. rolloverminutes

Newcomer

United States
    Does anyone have a problem doing a quest? I choose a quest but I cant leave the city. This is on offline.

8. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    You have to leave from the left side of the town.

9. rolloverminutes

Newcomer

United States
    Haha Lol. thanks dude wow thats funny

10. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Please correct this yourself, i thought it's impossible to get something that wrong.

11. mouzik

mouzik Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Is this any chance to make the game work on dvd? i have Fw 3.2E with cios249 rev 7 and Neogamma r7.

P.S. at this moment the game freezes when i select "New game"

12. wyndcrosser

wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  13. NiGHtS

NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ok but is it just me or is the text in this game actually mind numbing? It's like crazy ass strain on my eyes man O.O

14. mouzik

mouzik Member
    Newcomer

Italy
  15. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Nice. Hermes v4 with 37+38 merged worked perfectly for letting USB loaders play the game.

16. JoeHero31

JoeHero31 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You may find the description here better than the actual video as there are a few ways to get this to play.
    Monster Hunter Tri (3) Check Description For Helpful Info
    Be Advised: I would like you all to know that if you have channels created through the wbfs manager they will no longer work if you install IOS249 Rev 19 base 37. If you did this you can re-install 249 rev 19 with base 57 and the channels will work again. I will look into getting the channels to work with the base 37 but i think i am wasting my time as i had this working fine with IOS223 with hermes v4 and others got it working on IOS222 hermes v4. It depends on what your base is??? If you have merged 37 and 38 or have base 38 this method should work for you on 4.1u systems. EDIT: I just found out that I can't install previous wads that i had using IOS249 Revision 19 Base 37. After you install this to play the game make sure you can install a WAD or still use your channels you created through the WBFS Managers or Crappy. :END EDIT.

17. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Holy crap I wanted to play the game enough to formulate a valid review...but, damn.
    RPGs always tend to 'lag' at the start, when things are just getting going, but this is a whole new level of "boring".
    I basically just killed like 40-50 of those carnivore dinosaurs for the first real quest to get 30 items and then shut my Wii off out of shear boredom.

EDIT: Lol I totally read the quest description title wrong. (for a Wii game, it sure pulled a "lolHDtoRead" text thing, like a 360 or PS3 would)
    Either way though, the combat absolutely kills this game. I like how the equipment system seems to work though. Crafting, upgrading and all that.

18. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Someone have informations about changing the region of the savefiles from NTSC-U to PAL (if it's possible, how to do it, if the savefiles are considered as cheated) ?

19. supersonic5000

supersonic5000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dump a save of both versions using save manager then put the ntsc files into the pal one and install the save back.
    Not sure about the cheating thing though.

20. Ceasama

Ceasama Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    The combat of this game is usually the drawing point. The difficulty and frame management is part of the draw as well. Manual camera and lack of lock on contribute to the skill required to correctly hit the right spots on a monster.

If you are not interested in investing time into the combat you will not be interested in this game.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Monster, Hunter, Thread