Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rockstar99, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010
  1. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    [​IMG]
    Yah Yah talk....
    This game looks amazing, im getting it on launch for sure [​IMG]

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Sweet concepts.
    Horrible execution.

This'll be a "better luck next time" title for me.

3. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    Can't wait to get the game. I heard that Capcom is making dedicated servers for this game so hopefully no lag. But something I cannot wait for this game is the online, might need to get WiiSpeak for faster interaction with the other players instead of having my USB Keyboard ontop of my lap lol...

4. Hezkore

Member Hezkore GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Sooooo looking forward to this, and I don't often go crazy over game releases heh.
    I've played the Japanese version, English Demo and PSP games after hearing about MHTri (which was the first MH I ever heard of xD) and it's really a blast, it's quickly become one of my favorite game series!
    Can't wait to play it online with some good mates. (Give me a shout later if anyone wants to play! _o/)
    I really like how you can't just smash buttons and expect to slay a monster, you need to doge just right and run away at the right time etc. really nice stuff...
    The Multiplayer doesn't sync frames like some other Wii games either, it just sends player positions and stuff directly... which means there won't be any delay in the controls, like there is in Brawl and FFC Echoes of Time.

5. rockstar99
    OP

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Bumpy Bumpy Bumpa!
    lol im gona go to every random guy online and say Are you on GBATemp?

6. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    LoL. Then I'll know its you who said that then.

7. Hezkore

Sweden
    AMAGAWD, NOT THAT MANY DAYS LEFT NAO!!!
    /me goes to bed so days will pass by faster!

8. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've never played a Monster Hunter game before, but with the inclusion of online play i'm planning on trying it out.

Am I right in thinking that this is similar to PSO?

9. Hezkore

Sweden
    Your party is max size 4 and you set that up in the town and you also accept quests in the town and then teleport to the quest area like in PSO, so it's got some similarities heh...
    But overall it's quite different.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtMJXEXVWhQ

10. Da Mafia

Member Da Mafia GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That video seemed to sum it up pretty well, thanks.

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I thought I'd try out Monster Hunter for once to see if it was any good. I "obtained" Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and threw that on my PSP. I was rather disappointed.

It seems pretty boring. Run around, kill monsters, repeat. I mean, I'm still early in the game, but I don't know if I want to go any further. I was expecting some epic combat here, not mindless hacking and slashing. Maybe it's just that when I think "big monster fights" I think of epicness like God of War or whatever.

I'll probably try it when it's out (if I'm not playing something else by that time), but whether or not it'll be any good for me is a different matter.

12. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    One of the reasons why MH3 is fun is because you play with friends; I'd say that's where the main focus is about actually. That's why Japan charges for online fees and yet, the japanese are willing to pay just to play with others. You don't have that option in God of War so you can't really compare the two.

13. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    it takes time to actually get into monster hunter, the more fun quests begin with the 2* elder quests. at first its just what you said, kill x amount of monsters, gather a couple things. pretty easy and boring start. for most the challenge begins with the kut-ku and the next hurdle usually being the khezu, thats when its really starts to get fun.

14. Hezkore

Sweden
    This is a hype thread, not a whine-about-why-you-don't-like-it thread! (no disrespect)
    Plus, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is old, go check out Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and get some friends together.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Last time I checked this was a "Share your MH3 feelings" type of thread not "Let's all scream 'MH3!!!!!' to each other" thread.

Killing monsters with friends and killing monsters alone is still just killing monsters TBH. I wouldn't really have any friends to play this with so I guess that appeal is lost on me.

16. Hezkore

Sweden
    Yeah I guess you need some friends to play this game... oh well, tough luck...
    MONSTER HUNTER TRIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! *Nintendo 64 kid scream*

17. blackflag

Newcomer blackflag Member

United States
    I preordered the version with the classic controller pro. I can't wait. I just really hope I'll be able to play the actual release on my nodded wii. Hoping there's nothing in there that'll stop it. I assume I'll at least have to update from 4.1 to 4.2 but I hope not. My wii works great the way it is set up now.

18. Hezkore

Sweden
    I don't think there will be any problem... I've played the Japanese retail version and it's worked great sofar, even got online with it heh

19. Safavid

Newcomer Safavid Advanced Member

United States
    For the love of god I pray that this game will allow usb loaders to go online with the game

20. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    of course it will, the only thing you have to watch out for is hackers online, although i know capcom are waving the ban hammer on hackers so we are pretty safe anyway.