Moero Chronicles Hyper

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by DrYoshi, May 2, 2019.

1. DrYoshi
    OP

DrYoshi Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    I'd like to transfer my psvita save of the game to the switch version. When comparing my vita save file to the switch game save file of the game they are identical , but on switch there's 2 files .savslot , the psvita version has the data of these two on the sdslot.dat , but on the switch version there's some encryption that the vita save file does not have which i think is preventing the switch game to read the save slot , so when i boot the game there's no save slot to choose. Can anyone offer some help please. I really don't want to start over.

2. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    So maybe share these saves? And next time write more specific title of thread.

3. DrYoshi
    OP

DrYoshi Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Sorry for the late reply. I was sick in bed all day yesterday.
    I completely forgot to add the save files. Here they are. The 2nd save file is the switch save file.

Attached Files:

4. DrYoshi
    OP

DrYoshi Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Sorry for the bump but could anyone tell me if its possible to convert the vita save to a switch save?

5. 9thSage

9thSage GBAtemp Fan

Aug 8, 2008
    United States
    I don't know that anyone is going to know for sure....you'll just have to try it! I would try copying over the SaveData and SystemData files from the Vita save into the Switch save's folder and then writing it back to the Switch with Checkpoint or whatever you used to dump the save. Worst that happens is that it doesn't work. Backup your backup of the Switch save of course, just in case.

6. renatosk

renatosk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    Brazil
    just sharing if anyone is willing to help , this is the weird thing that the switch version have on the .savslot that the vita dont ,
    the rest of the files is identical.
    this is from savedata00
    upload_2019-5-4_22-47-12.
    and this from savedata01
    upload_2019-5-4_22-47-31.

Last edited by renatosk, May 5, 2019
  7. DrYoshi
    OP

DrYoshi Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Yeah I saw that too when I opened the switch save in HxD. Maybe it's encrypted? I dumped it using the checkpoint homebrew. I really don't know anything about hex editing other than opening up files with the program.

8. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    You're going to need someone who's experienced and knowledgeable with hex editing save files for both Switch and Vita to do a proper logical comparison, and unfortunately with this kind of game, it's likely not to be done. Also is the Switch version of this game censored like it was in the US on Vita?

9. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    What censorship was on the Vita? Nintendo doesn't really censor anything anymore. The game looks uncensored to me so far

10. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    On Vita they removed or tampered with the scenes where you're having to touch the female characters. I think they either removed the mechanic entirely or they changed how the clothing looked etc.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/638160/discussions/0/2183537632737186376/

11. CrisFTW

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    The Switch version allows you to touch the females everywhere with the least amount of clothing on them

Vorde likes this.
  12. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    My filthy weeb senses are tingling :P

13. CrisFTW

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Touchscreen supported too when in undock mode

Vorde likes this.
  14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Those files may not be important to your progress, so you may be able to just leave them as is.
    But one thing I noticed is that the Switch version SaveData_*.sav is larger than the Vita one, this kind of makes sense since the Switch version is newer so maybe it has some changes that necessitate a larger save file.
    But the thing is, the game may be looking for a save of that exact size. You can try to pad the Vita save to be the same size by padding it with 00s at the end. The saves look to be mostly 00s anyway, so this shouldn't cause any problems.
    The game is probably just reading the data into a struct, of course if not enough data is read to fill the struct, then logically the save data is corrupted, and the game may check for that. That's how I would design it if I made it.
    That would explain why so much of the file is filled with 00s, because those variables in the struct were initialized to 00 and were never changed.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, May 6, 2019
  15. DrYoshi
    OP

DrYoshi Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    I tried, still does not register, Here is the file if anyone wants to check it out. It's the first saveslot. Wasted a ton of time trying other methods and just would not work. I'll probably unfortunately end up giving up at this point.

Attached Files:

16. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I guess this would be a good thread to ask.

anyone tried getting the lewd patch to work?
    I put MA00000.pac into titles/titleid of moero/romfs/data/ game seems to pick it up as the game crashes.

Without knowledge of romfs structure I can't see if its the correct place etc as I have no idea how to extract NCA.

17. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    It's been a while since this was posted, however, Moe Chronicles was not censored in the US for the Vita, since it was never released here to begin with. The Steam version was censored, the Vita version had the Asian English release which was uncensored. I own said Asian English version for the Vita, hence my clarification.

Vorde likes this.
  18. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Managed to get into the NCA
    upload_2019-5-14_16-50-35.

MA00000.pac is there so layeredFS is correct. Just a crash at this point.

19. renatosk

renatosk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    Brazil
    I got both lewd and topless working on switch , PM me which one you want and i share with you

Sylvaire99 and Vorde like this.
  20. XPLOSIV

XPLOSIV Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    United States
    Can you share them with me please