ROM Hack Moero Chronicles Hyper

NewResolve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played through the whole game without any lag in the menus last year with the lewd mod installed. Just tested it again on latest atmosphere and sigpatches and it still works fine for me.

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm starting to think this is not really a widespread issue, since i'm not seeing this mentioned anywhere else. I know this is quite a niche game, but i would have expected a few more people talking about this if it were a common occurrence.
Take for instance this same thread. Nobody mentioned the menu lag on the first game up until now (Although i did experience it, it started happening near the end of the game for me so, after trying everything i could to solve it, i endured it and carried on, so that could be an indicator of why this is happening, but i'm not really sure).

If this is not happening to everyone, then we need to collect more info about our systems. Feedback from users not being affected by this would be helpful.

Last edited by elridge,

hojo1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can't speak about Chronicles, but it's definitely a thing on Crystal. In fact, I don't think I've run into anybody saying it works fine for them yet, at least not on CFW, but yeah, niche game. It helps that you can check right away as soon as you have access to the shop which takes a few minutes if you skip the intro story, no need to get into the end game.

DrYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have yet to get mine shipped out from playasia yet so I can't even compare details yet for you... I run sxos, no emunand.

hojo1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets worse. The more populated the menu is, the more it lags, the shop is just the most obvious place because it has like 10+ items for sale right from the start. Other areas where this may be noticeable to different degrees :

-Simply pulling the main menu you get by pressing X (after you get about 4 party members or more)
-The status menu, when you check the "skills" tab of any member
-Healing your members outside of battle either through items or skills
-Most parts of the Inn menu, including the room listing itself, giving items and changing jobs (may vary depending on number of members and the member herself, try changing Tet's job for example).

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tested the game again today restoring my original nand backup from before cfw (4.1 ofw). I updated to 9.1, ran a clean atmosphere + hekate on a fat32 sd card.

Sadly, the menu lag was still there, but i think this rules out any kind of "outside" interferences. I would love to have a larger sample size, though.

UPDATE: I tested the japanese version of the game and it runs flawlessly, so now we have to believe this is either a problem with the localized game itself or a bad dump.

Last edited by elridge,

hojo1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe in a week or two when people get their physical copies and report their experience we can lean more towards bad dump or CFW problem.

The thing with the JP version is interesting though, anyone tried to have a look at the internal files to see if it's possible to frankenstein the english translation in the JP base game? I was trying to check that myself earlier, but hactool just keeps giving me section0/1 corrupted errors when I try to extract the main NCA, despite the fact that I'm using freshly dumped prod.keys, so they should be up to date.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems the issue has been addressed :
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1160

Haven't tried the patches yet myself, but it sounds promising.
How would I go about using these on SXOS? Is it even possible? I saw that the patches are in .ips format and I've used them in the past for ROM translations/hacks, but I don't know how what files you're supposed to patch here or if they wouldn't work for SXOS at all.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about using these on SXOS? Is it even possible? I saw that the patches are in .ips format and I've used them in the past for ROM translations/hacks, but I don't know how what files you're supposed to patch here or if they wouldn't work for SXOS at all.
no idea on sxos as they were made for atmosphere

hojo1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I played for a good 3 hours and I'm glad to say I don't see any lag at all in any of the places where I saw it before or anywhere else, whether on handheld or docked mode, very nice.

Crowla33R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get into the NCA
View attachment 166961

MA00000.pac is there so layeredFS is correct. Just a crash at this point.
Hello, I've been trying to mod this game with lewd patch too, My game is in NSP format and I took lewd patch from F9.. website and like you I've encountered crash [Software error] after putting MA00000.pac into atmostphere/contents/*moero titleid*/romfs/data. The game booted up fine but the crash inevitably happen every time upon entering the first dungeon. I pressed L on launching game to disable mod and the game run fine past entering the first dungeon (but will crash again upon character levelling up after relaunching the game without holding L button), which I assume is because the game would try to load assets in MA00000.pac then. I modded Monster Hunter Rise without problem the same way so obviously the problem is with this data/MA00000.pac in romfs. Is there some extra steps I have to do with the mod or the game outside of just putting MA00000.pac into romfs/data ? I'm on latest Atmos and firmware and from what I read the Atmos is supposed to have LayeredFS built into it so it should automatically overwrite MA00000.pac, right ?

Granted,the MA00000.pac I got is supposed to be for PC version but there's no dedicated MA00000.pac for Switch that I could find and looking at both Drwho and myangel they seem to use the MA00000.pac for PC on romfs/data?

Thx for lewd mod it working great!

Just use cheat searcher you can search for gold and rub point, item probably work as well just need like few of them to start searching

f7yzf4p.jpg

How did you get past the crash, did you apply it the same way as Drwho0894? Where did you get the patch ? Please pm or point out a hint if it's not allowed to be posted here.

Last edited by Crowla33R,

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
I am interested in working l3wd patch for this Switch title, too.
Seems like some posts in this thread were deleted at pg. 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.