Hacking Modmii'd a virgin 4.2U today. Getting a lot of black screens.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using latest USB Loader GX. It defaults to anti for 002 fix but I've tried on and off too. Kirby EY freezes a the Loading... screen, Golden Eye and Toy Story 3 black screens. Some of my older games lik SSBB and Punchout work fine. Using IOS249. What is the problem? I want to stay with USB Loader GX if possible.
Thanks.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm a big fan of Wiiflow....it's a beautiful loader when themed with Carbonik....it can play pretty much anything with proper configuration, including CoD:BO, and (unlike GX) it supports the latest Hermes....

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
i'm a big fan of Wiiflow....it's a beautiful loader when themed with Carbonik....it can play pretty much anything with proper configuration, including CoD:BO, and (unlike GX) it supports the latest Hermes....
I agree, WiiFlow is defiantly one of the more graphical pleasing USB loaders out there.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
I was trying to install a wad from 3.2 to 4.1 but the wad installation failed? I modmii'd my friends today.
Did you use ModMii to update the Wii from 3.2 to 4.1?

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Spenstar said:
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
I was trying to install a wad from 3.2 to 4.1 but the wad installation failed? I modmii'd my friends today.
Did you use ModMii to update the Wii from 3.2 to 4.1?
yes, i used MMM? i cant update it it says the wad cant be installed. and the firmware im trying to update is from 3.4Eto 4.1E

any ways?

please?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
yes, i used MMM? i cant update it it says the wad cant be installed. and the firmware im trying to update is from 3.4Eto 4.1E

any ways?

please?
Well, MMM is a way to install WADs onto your modded Wii. But I was asking if you used This to update your firmware.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u need to a non-stubbed system menu IOS (IOS60 for 4.0 and 4.1) before MMM or YAWMM will allow u to install a new system menu IOS.

If u were using an older wad manager, it would have allowed u to install the 4.1 system menu without having IOS60 already installed, and would have led to brick.

If u used modmii, u should already have IOS60 in your wad folder, just install it before attempting to install the new system menu wad again

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
k thanks
tongue.gif
which version of IOS60?

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snuka said:
Using latest USB Loader GX. It defaults to anti for 002 fix but I've tried on and off too. Kirby EY freezes a the Loading... screen, Golden Eye and Toy Story 3 black screens. Some of my older games lik SSBB and Punchout work fine. Using IOS249. What is the problem? I want to stay with USB Loader GX if possible.
Thanks.

USB Loader GX gives me black screens too, older revs won't even list games on my hard drive (though it does see the hard drive). CFG Loader is probably the best way to go, though I wish it had a list mode like GX does.

snuka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP here. Still having problems loading newer titles. Could it be rev20? Was going to install rev17 - can this be done through ModMii? Are you guys using rev 17 or 20?

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snuka said:
OP here. Still having problems loading newer titles. Could it be rev20? Was going to install rev17 - can this be done through ModMii? Are you guys using rev 17 or 20?

ModMii uses the newest version of all the cIOS's which the older USB Loader GX really does not like. I grabbed r1000 of USB Loader GX and it's been working great (except it likes to crash when changing certain options). Download link here: http://gbatemp.net/t149922-usb-loader-gx?v...t&p=3282618

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night