• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, i think i have to ask Overjoy about that...in the mean time you could come to IRC and there you can get the latest Beta, see if that solves it..i know from R96 there were quite a few mem tweaks...last Beta is working great for me so far.

Great! Thank you for your help.
Made a fresh Nand and that sorted my neek20 menu problem.
I can acces it now. ( maybe my setup was screwed because of older configs? )
As for the bulk installation of wads, id like to try the beta versions on Neek 2o, maybe it can solve my problem.

Is this the irc adress? irc.abjects.net #CDI

I am totally new to irc...

KineticMods

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, I used Modmii and filled out all the questions, and it provided the list of everything i'd need to mod a wii. My questions is, i've followed other guides in the past that only listed a few IOSs to update, usually using d2x and hermes, but ModMii lists a TON of IOS .wads to install, including IOS 11, 20, 30 40, etc. Why would all of these other IOSs be needed?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
those additional IOSs are what come with a 4.3 update and are recommended for optimal performance of mostly non-homebrew related functions. ModMii has an option to disable this if you want a minimal install.

It also has a syscheck updater function, which allows you to install incrementally only what is outdated on your wii.

vrda

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi XFlak

Thank you very much for this greatly integrated solution for modding Wii, and your ongoing support for the community.
I have gotten my new Wii two weeks ago, believe it's 2010 model, black, horizontal, without GC ports, bought in a store in Europe.
I'm a senior software developer who was totally new to wii-modding terminology. Using mostly this site and ModMii's nice detailed descriptions have helped me get started really fast.

I used ModMii's abstinence wizard to create UNEEK+DI setup. It all works great, games are loaded from USB FAT32 drive, emulated as discs by neek2o.

I only have a problem with media players. They can't seem to detect a mounted USB drive. I guess it's because sneek needs to use it exclusively in order to emulate NAND.
Could this be solved by selecting in ModMii that I will use a drive which has both FAT32 and NTFS partitions ?
I saw mplayer-ce supporting NTFS too. (I also tried WiiMC, only SD card is detected, pressing the home button corrupts the emulated nand)

Thank you
Tom

rdavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Xflak, Thanks a lot for your effort. After 2 hrs of fight with my Wii, I can able to run games from My Hard Disk. Keep up the good work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
vrda,
You should be able to plug a second hard drive into port1 and use it to load your media. If you want to use the same drive for your emulated nand and your vids, I don't think it's possible... but I'm not 100% sure. If it is possible you'd have to partition your HDD and have the first partition be active\primary and it should be the partition with your emunand. obcd\overjoy\joostinonline would probably be able to give u a definite answer; hopefully they see this post and give their 2 cents so you don't needlessly format your HDD.

An alternative would be to run sneek instead of uneek, that way your emunand is on the sd card and it will be able to detect your usb hdd.

Why are you going the abstinent route anyways? You wouldn't have this problem if you were to run wiimc on your real nand, not to mention it's generally a little bit faster\more-stable.

Cheers

vrda

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I see, thanx. Will try the second drive route tonight, maybe sneek also if I find the time.

And concerning abstinence, I first thought it was a nice way to test if the exploit will work with my wii.
It turned out that it only loads for 30 seconds (excluding manually finding the exploit in SD card)
and all the menu hacks work just fine (disc update skip, region hack, motion plus video).
My daughter is still too small to use the console on her own, one day I will probably mod it the right way.
Hopefully, ModMii will still be around :)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
XFlak You should really consider getting a cheap hosting rather than the free one you have now.
It's like 40$ a year or so, can't you cover it with your donations?

Xflak can no longer accept donations. It's been like that for about a year now. We've talked about paying for hosting before, but I think we decided that it is not worth it since he can't accept donations to be able to pay for it.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi.
Just out of curiosity, are you planning on releasing modmii for Wii U in the future? So far it looks like the Wii U is able to run Wii games from USB, right? Maybe start with that and work your way from there? ModMii is, honest to God the most complete, simple and effective way to mod a Nintendo Wii (and I should know cause back when I started doing this it was all manual...). Having something like that for the Wii U would be as good as it could get.
Anyways, thanks for everything.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
ModMiiU is not planned. We have discussed it in the past and nearly everything can already be done with modmii as it sits so it is not worth XFlaks effort to make a whole new program or to tailor modmii to also be specifically used for the wii u. If the homebrew scene does open up for the wii u then I'm sure xflak and I would probably have another talk about it. Either way, he has done all the work for ModMii and ultimately it is up to him to decide if he would bother or not. I'm sure the fact of not being able to accept donations affects his choices on the matter, but I can not speak for him or his thoughts.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
ModMiiU is not planned. We have discussed it in the past and nearly everything can already be done with modmii as it sits so it is not worth XFlaks effort to make a whole new program or to tailor modmii to also be specifically used for the wii u. If the homebrew scene does open up for the wii u then I'm sure xflak and I would probably have another talk about it. Either way, he has done all the work for ModMii and ultimately it is up to him to decide if he would bother or not. I'm sure the fact of not being able to accept donations affects his choices on the matter, but I can not speak for him or his thoughts.

Hey, thanks for replying.
What do you mean by "nearly everything can already be done with modmii as it sits"? Can I use ModMii to mod the Wii U? If so, how? I know Wii U modding uses a different set of tools and wads than Wii. Are those also available to download through ModMii?
Thanks again.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, thanks for replying.
What do you mean by "nearly everything can already be done with modmii as it sits"? Can I use ModMii to mod the Wii U? If so, how? I know Wii U modding uses a different set of tools and wads than Wii. Are those also available to download through ModMii?
Thanks again.
You should look here for WiiU vWii modding -> http://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/
But to answer your question, softmodding vWii is basically the same as softmodding Wii..so for the most part the modmii guide can be followed too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: