• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, but it's kind of annoying to have to pop in and out your SD card if you want to play VC/WW/IOSreload games. It's a good thing I converted only four of my games before trying it, as the process takes ages. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to replace everything again tomorrow. Well, at least it kept me busy for some time.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow, Thank you XFlak for this! It went more smooth than anything I could've ever imagined! Only thing I accidently did was to press 1 instead of 2 on the IOS236 part, (even though I read what to do, i just slipped with my fingers) so I had to search for a solution for that... So maybe include a "IF you messed up; do this...." in the next version of the guide?
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Arras said:
Yeah, but it's kind of annoying to have to pop in and out your SD card if you want to play VC/WW/IOSreload games. It's a good thing I converted only four of my games before trying it, as the process takes ages. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to replace everything again tomorrow. Well, at least it kept me busy for some time.
fyi, u can switch back and forth between uneek and real nand using "switch to uneek" found here: http://code.google.com/p/gadget4sneek/downloads/list

If u use this, make sure u follow the instructions in the read me very carefully, as some files only belong on the emulated nand and can cause problems if u install them to the real nand. But if done correctly, u can access turn on and off uneek without having to get up from the couch, and u can even switch between up to 5 different emulated nands

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Downloaded it and used it for updating an 3.4E Wii to 4.2E. Installed every step, but now when I want to install a Wad file, f.e. wiiflow forwarder, it shows me RET: -2011 error. Does it have something to do with TBR?
How to solve this error and install Wads again from MMM?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak,,, i updated my wii using ModMii few days ago and ur program is amazing. But I had Priiloader 0.5 installed yet and this was getting me so scared
smile.gif
So, today i reinstalled Priiloader 0.4 and everything is ok. I ran Priiloader but i couldnt load HBC from there.
I dont have Bootmii as Boot2, only as IOS boot2v3 and, to my surprise i cant restore my nand backup when i run bootmii. Nand.bin and keys.bin are in sd root and bootmii folder too (armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf, bootmii.ini).
Any idea to fix those problems?
thx

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Download and install this forwarder channel using any YAWMM or MMM's Wad Manager
Dark Homebrew Channel by NeoRame- HAXX.wad

this will redirect all older programs that still call either HAXX or JODI titles of the older HBCs to the new v1.07+ Homebrew Channel, including priiloader v0.4

If you're on SM v4.2 or 4.3 be sure to enable the hacks to block the deletion of the HAXX channel, otherwise once u load the system menu the above channel will get deleted (but u can always enable the hack and reinstall it so w/e)

btw, priiloader v0.4 can still launch any version of the HBC without the above file using its title launcher... it just can't autoboot the HBC

FYI, u CAN restore your nand backup, its just a complicated button combination for people who have bootmii as IOS (read instructions onscreen). The reason for this, is because ppl with bootmii as IOS shouldn't be performing nand restorations unless absolutely necessary. It's pretty stable, but not nearly as stable as bootmii @ boot2. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is because bootmii @ boot2 restores the entire nand except the boot2, but bootmii @ IOS restores the entire nand except boot2 and bootmii @ IOS, which is more complicated because its not the very first blocks like boot2 is. Anyways, the point is, you shouldn't run to restore a nand backup at first sight of a little problem, especially one as small as autobooting to the HBC

edit:
WooHoo! The ModMii thread broke 100 pages!

Gretint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anything truly went wrong or if I'm just impatient but I've been stuck at 17 of 49 for half an hour so far....

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm really surprised the unfreezemii.bat didn't solve it, try running it again as an administrator and report back if that makes a difference.

If that doesn't work, just close it down and repeat your download (duplicates will be skipped so u wont redownload files u already have)

rezzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, I have a question...

i have a old Wii with 3.4U but have a mess in the NAND flash, it's working but have semi-brick (i can't enter to the configuration section)... I want revirginize, upgrade to 4.2 and then put softmod (maybe darkcorp 1.1)... any clue to do this procedure with the lowest risk?

pamtayls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak,

Thanks for a great program. I used it to update my 3.2e will to 4.1

I had one slight problem for some reason i did not have IOS 236 installed and it wasn't letting me install priiloader. I downloaded it with modmii and installed it, worked great after that.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thx for ur support XFlak,,, i didnt know about bootmii IOS diference because my friend's wii has boot2 and restore is so easy.
Im using SM 4.1 but, i didnt know Priiloader 0.4 couldn autoboot HBC. Priiloader 0.5 did that.
Then everything is working fine
smile.gif

Thx for new infos and support.
ur the best
smile.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@rezzo, do not revirginize (see page 50 of this thread for details on why that is a bad idea), just run the ModMii Wizard, tell it your Wii is a virgin (even though its not), answer the rest of the questions truthfully, then follow the guide. This will update you to 4.2 safely, hopefully allow you to access the Wii Menu, and fully softmod you. At this point, your wii will be set up for backup disc loading using neogamma or usb loading using configurable usb-loader. If you really want to play backup discs from the disc channel, u can read up on the risks of darkcorp and decide for yourself whether you want to install it, if u do decide to install it, just do everything I said above, then when you're finished, the last thing u should do is install darkcorp.

@pamtayls, did u use the IOS236 Installer? The 236 Installed by the installer is the same as the wad available in download pg 1 except it also has the version patch, allowing you to downgrade IOSs, even stub IOSs without having to delete them first. But for the purposes of installing priiloader, both IOS236's work fine.

@egurgle, glad I could help!
biggrin.gif

C

croagunk.master

Just wanted to ask beforehand. Am I screwed if the power goes while softmodding my wii?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It depends on what you're doing when you lose power, and what kind of protection you already have in place

Two files that can cause bricks if you lose power during installing them is your System Menu Wad and the System Menu IOS Wad (IOS70 for 4.1 and 4.2 and IOS80 for 4.3). However, if you have bootmii already installed as boot2, u can recover from this easily. So its only dangerous if u lose power during installing those files without bootmii @ boot2.

The bootmii @ boot2 and prilloader installations could also potentially brick u if u lose power during their installations... but both of these installations take less than 5 seconds so it is very unlikely u will lose power during them. And if u lose power during a priiloader installation, and u already have bootmii @ boot2, it is also very easy to recover from such a problem.

I hope that answers your question.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1