Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

thitar

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hi,
I have problems to download WiiBackupManager with modmii. The 'windows' client fails to create the COPY_TO_USB folder at all. So i tried again using the 'classic' client. Download still failed, but at least the COPY_TO_USB folder was created with the usb-loader in it. I was able to download WiiBackupManager manually from the official site.
Is it ok to softmod my wii as is or are there other steps that modmii didn't finish?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If the only thing ModMii said was missing is WiiBackupManager, it's safe to continue with your guide.

There are a handful of files ModMii downloads from filetrip, and some of them stopped working. I've contacted the gbatemp mods and they're working to fix the issue. If the root problem doesn't get resolved soon I'll switch to using a different download link for the affected files and put out an update so everything will work again soon.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An issue like this will never happen again. I would rather have the old simple easter egg leaked than another list like this ever being shared. I'll never use emails or any other personal information to validate easter eggs again. I've already scrapped the email verification of the easter eggs, so no one should have anything to gain by looking for this list.
I don't know if it is possible, but what about confirmation numbers? I don't know if you know those or not, but that provides a way to authenticate people without exposing any personal info (unless you hack into paypal) and gives a somewhat random number.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just curious XFlak, will you be adding in support at some point (once again) for 3.2 EmuNANDs for s/uneek? As I would like to have a complete clone of my console's NAND (with the exception of priiloader v0.7 for s/uneek and a custom system menu theme installed) and possibly show it off to people who might be interested in softmodding their wii console.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What's the advantage in having such an old system menu?
Isn't it even dangerous to try to downgrade newer wii's to something below 4.0?

Wouldn't it confuse people making them think you would need such an old system menu to softmod your wii?

Reactions: 1 person

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought it was a change in hardware that caused issues when the older system menu's are installed. (Could have been the boot2 version as well)
There is not much brick protection IOS or priiloader can do about that.

Besides that, brick protection IOS might replace previous installed stubs on crucial ios locations used by older system menu's. I agree upon that.
Priiloader protects against automatic upgrading. No priiloader hack crosses my mind preventing problems when doing it (manually).

It still doesn't explain the advantage of having a 3.2 sysmenu on a neek nand. I understand it's a feature request.
I just don't understand why you want it?

Reading your other thread in the hacking section, I think I just understood it...

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't think its useful. The amount of people who want a 3.2 emunand have got to be very small (probably just you and maybe a handful of others TBH). In those cases, users could just use modmii's emunand modifier to install a 3.2U system menu wad (and IOS30) overtop of an existing emunand, or create the nand from scratch using showmiiwads, or just exract their own personal 3.2 nand dump.

The main reason why I don't want to add support for it is because to keep things consistent I'd need to offer all the themes currently offered on 3.2 in wad form and csm form (thats 32 new files I'd need to support).

That being said, if you still want it by the time my exam is over (June) I'll reconsider the idea.

Reactions: 1 person

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How would I be able to install Priiloader for a 3.2 EmuNAND using "priiloader-v0.7.app"?

Anyway... I think, it would be easier to have the freedom to choose what system menu to install (as long as it's available on Nintendo's servers) with it's respective IOS (patched) to use with s/uneek.

Edit: in my honest opinion, after a recent revelation last night... I don't think, it's really needed. But... It's up to you XFlak, if you wish to add the functionality of creating a 3.2 EmuNAND.

APurpleCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the ModMii guide, have an issue with the USB loader. If I load CFG and plug my USB in, it gets stuck on the mounting USB screen, very slowly updating the "Retry" number. System is 4.3U. USB is PNY 16GB Attache, which should be compatible.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure you've got the HDD plugged into usb port 0, which is the port nearest the edge of the Wii.

If it still doesn't work, plz answer the following questions:
How is the drive formatted?
Are there multiple partitions?
Is the partition you're trying to load primary and active?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use ModMii's emunand modifer to install priiloader to any emunand, including 3.2 emunands.
What about the information about Priiloader and system themes aren't supported with system menus below 4.0 (or whatever it says). Also, the emunand modifer doesn't detect what my system menu is.

@APurpleCow: expanding XFlak's answer regarding your query... it's the left usb port, as the other is used for other usb devices (such as wii speak, microphones).

APurpleCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure you've got the HDD plugged into usb port 0, which is the port nearest the edge of the Wii.

If it still doesn't work, plz answer the following questions:
How is the drive formatted?
Are there multiple partitions?
Is the partition you're trying to load primary and active?

Yes, the drive is plugged into the port nearest the edge of the Wii. I believe it knows something is there, but cannot access it, as before the USB is plugged in the retry counter moves quickly, but after it slows to a near-freeze.

FAT32
No, only one partition. Just plugged the USB into computer and said format.

APurpleCow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@APurpleCow
so the drive isn't detected properly by windows?

No, the windows is fine with the drive. I formatted it to FAT32 by plugging the USB into the computer and right clicking --> format --> FAT32. When I plug into cfg, the retry counter slows to a near freeze and nothing else happens.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try reformatting it using FAT32 GUI Formatter, or u can open up disk management and confirm it's the only partition on the drive and it's marked as primary and active

also, u could try seeing if u can get it to work using another usbloader, like wiiflow, or even an app loader like the homebrew channel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill