Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

exzavier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 3 wads fail on me installing. I was going from 4.1US to 4.2US. They were IOS50, IOS248 v21d and IOS249 v21d. What should I do to get these to install? Will my wii work without these?

Thanks

exzavier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is modmii missing the cIOS248[58]-v21d2x3 ? I cannot find it in the menu and that is one of the ISO this guide installs.

I re downloaded 249 and 50 just now from ModMii and tried to install them and I got an error -1022 for both.
I used Wii Mod v2.6 to try to install them.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exzavier said:
Is modmii missing the cIOS248[58]-v21d2x3 ? I cannot find it in the menu and that is one of the ISO this guide installs.

I re downloaded 249 and 50 just now from ModMii and tried to install them and I got an error -1022 for both.
the advanced custom download feature in Modmii will allow you to build a d2x [58] and direct installation to 248 or whatever slot you want....but why do you want this? 249[56] and 250[57] are all you will need...

as far as installation goes, what IOS is WiiMOD running on? ...IIRC, it defaults to [58]... try reloading it to run on 236 or any cIOS[38] and your wad installations should go in fine.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't the files in the file packs. They all just installed successfully for me. Try redownloading, re-extracting, reformatting you sd card, and if those don't work, try another sd card.

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
exzavier said:

the advanced custom download feature in Modmii will allow you to build a d2x [58] and direct installation to 248 or whatever slot you want....but why do you want this? 249[56] and 250[57] are all you will need...

as far as installation goes, what IOS is WiiMOD running on? ...IIRC, it defaults to [58]... try reloading it to run on 236 or any cIOS[38] and your wad installations should go in fine.

He is using the files from this guide, it reloads to 236 already... 1022 is a hash error, which means it is a problem with the wads he has... Whether it is a corrupted download or a bad sd card, I don't know. I told him instructions above on how to go about troubleshooting.

-Erik

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi I have hacked wii but I think it in a mess don't ask me why

so I thought if I removed the old hack and tried this hack some of the problems can be fix ?

like I tried Firmware-Updater_4.3 but failed in download
and when using Cios 21 as ios58 it fellas to download from the net
and many thing

so how can I remove the old hack to use this hack?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few questions

Can the priiloader 236 mod app be used on any wii? Even ones without a valid wifi connection? I know the wifi issue with the HBC is what caused priiloader to crash all the time.Is it fixed now?

Also can the d2x v4 cios's be used with older outdated loaders like wiiflow?

I know wiiflow isn't really an older outdated loader but it hasn't been updated in awhile now and i know that d2x v4 cios's do not show up properly in wiiflow when showing what base version is being used,but can wiiflow still use them?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roysolid said:
hi I have hacked wii but I think it in a mess don't ask me why

so I thought if I removed the old hack and tried this hack some of the problems can be fix ?

like I tried Firmware-Updater_4.3 but failed in download
and when using Cios 21 as ios58 it fellas to download from the net
and many thing

so how can I remove the old hack to use this hack?

I would recommend you download the up42 for your region, start the homebrew channel, and run YAWMM Batch. This will install all fresh system ios's. Then follow the modify 4.2 section.

QUOTE(icebrg5 @ May 18 2011, 09:51 PM) A few questions

Can the priiloader 236 mod app be used on any wii? Even ones without a valid wifi connection? I know the wifi issue with the HBC is what caused priiloader to crash all the time.Is it fixed now?

Also can the d2x v4 cios's be used with older outdated loaders like wiiflow?

I know wiiflow isn't really an older outdated loader but it hasn't been updated in awhile now and i know that d2x v4 cios's do not show up properly in wiiflow when showing what base version is being used,but can wiiflow still use them?

Yes, it can be used on any wii. It is only when an app is loaded using ahbprot that the wifi bug occurs.

I don't know about wiiflow, you would have to hit up their thread. I know it works in config. With that said, even though it doesn't show the correct base, it should still work. Only way to know however is to try.

-Erik

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated priiloader on my wii with no issues at all.
I have a valid wifi connection though that's why i asked if it would still work if there was no connection.

Also i have tried cIOS249[56]-v21d2x4 using wiiflow and it shows up as 249 base 57 in wiiflow with some long revison number.

Started a few games and everything seems to be playing fine.
I just didn't know if there were any side effects or anything since its not officially supported yet.

roysolid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
QUOTE said:
I would recommend you download the up42 for your region, start the homebrew channel, and run YAWMM Batch. This will install all fresh system ios's. Then follow the modify 4.2 section

my wii is 4.2u so no need for updated to 4.3u with save update ?

and I used wad batch installer so the work is done

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roysolid said:
QUOTE said:
I would recommend you download the up42 for your region, start the homebrew channel, and run YAWMM Batch. This will install all fresh system ios's. Then follow the modify 4.2 section

my wii is 4.2u so no need for updated to 4.3u with save update ?

and I used wad batch installer so the work is done

No need for 4.3... If you downloaded the up42u.zip, ran YAWMM Batch, and then followed the Modify 4.2 section, you are done
smile.gif

-Erik

zoots

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

I followed all the instructions on the website here and now I cant get my Wii to start.
(Ive done this before on Wii v4.1u) but my friend have a new one 4.3u (black) and we did the smash stack hack, everything was fine.

We actually installed everything like you said in the instructions WITHOUT any errors.
We got to that part "Hack Suggestions: Auto press A at health screen, Block disc updates, Block online updates, Remove NoCopy save file protection, Recovery mode press d-pad..., Region free everything." after that, we selected System Menu and the Wii restarted..
but now we are stuck on a black screen saying "Wii 4.3(USA)"

Ive been looking on the net, some people were sayin that it might be cause by the Auto press A at health screen.. but I dont think its the case.

I did my nand backup but I cannot even use it since the screen is just all black.

Is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zoots said:
Hey guys!

I followed all the instructions on the website here and now I cant get my Wii to start.
(Ive done this before on Wii v4.1u) but my friend have a new one 4.3u (black) and we did the smash stack hack, everything was fine.

We actually installed everything like you said in the instructions WITHOUT any errors.
We got to that part "Hack Suggestions: Auto press A at health screen, Block disc updates, Block online updates, Remove NoCopy save file protection, Recovery mode press d-pad..., Region free everything." after that, we selected System Menu and the Wii restarted..
but now we are stuck on a black screen saying "Wii 4.3(USA)"

Ive been looking on the net, some people were sayin that it might be cause by the Auto press A at health screen.. but I dont think its the case.

I did my nand backup but I cannot even use it since the screen is just all black.

Is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance!

You enabled the hack in priiloader to force it into recovery mode. Which is why its showing the firmware version in the bottom right corner.

Start priiloader again and then disable all your hacks and then restart the wii.

After the wii loads properly then go back into priiloader and re enable the proper hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol