Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all, Ok I have a 3.4U wii with cIOS rev 20. My question is. Will this guide be helpful to update to 4.2, install bootmii and priiloader? Right now my HB channel is on 1.0.4 I think and my wii has no bootmii not priiloader. If my wii is softmoded already can I just update to 4.2 with this guide and install bootmii, priiloader and cIOS rev 21?? Thanks in advance.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
Hi to all, Ok I have a 3.4U wii with cIOS rev 20. My question is. Will this guide be helpful to update to 4.2, install bootmii and priiloader? Right now my HB channel is on 1.0.4 I think and my wii has no bootmii not priiloader. If my wii is softmoded already can I just update to 4.2 with this guide and install bootmii, priiloader and cIOS rev 21?? Thanks in advance.
No. Unfortunately, the guide updates to 4.2, and this version of the system menu deletes any version of the Homebrew Channel less than 1.0.5. If you want to follow this guide, run the HackMii Installer v0.8 from the Homebrew Channel. Once you have version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel installed, it is safe to follow this guide. You can also update the Homebrew Channel to 1.0.8 by just being connected to the internet; it should alert you to the update.

It's also worth noting that even if you follow this guide to update to 4.2 without first updating your Homebrew Channel to 1.0.8, you can just use bannerbomb to reinstall the Homebrew Channel.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is a little confusing. Does a retail game(like Yu Gi Oh or Lego Indiana Jones) still need to be used for a virgin Wii that's on firmware 4.2?

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
The guide is a little confusing. Does a retail game(like Yu Gi Oh or Lego Indiana Jones) still need to be used for a virgin Wii that's on firmware 4.2?

Thanks for clearing this up for me.
No, the games are only required if you are using 4.3. If you are on 4.2, just use bannerbomb.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
sentinel5000 said:
No. Unfortunately, the guide updates to 4.2, and this version of the system menu deletes any version of the Homebrew Channel less than 1.0.5. If you want to follow this guide, run the HackMii Installer v0.8 from the Homebrew Channel. Once you have version 1.0.8 of the Homebrew Channel installed, it is safe to follow this guide. You can also update the Homebrew Channel to 1.0.8 by just being connected to the internet; it should alert you to the update.

It's also worth noting that even if you follow this guide to update to 4.2 without first updating your Homebrew Channel to 1.0.8, you can just use bannerbomb to reinstall the Homebrew Channel.

This is what the guide has people do actually.

-Erik

diesel.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Quick question, as using this guide will update all the ios's to latest versions, will it cause a problem installing Darkcorp after as Darkcorp has lower version numbers on some of them?

Thanks

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diesel.1 said:
Hi guys,

Quick question, as using this guide will update all the ios's to latest versions, will it cause a problem installing Darkcorp after as Darkcorp has lower version numbers on some of them?

Thanks

A) If you are using a trucha'd IOS to install/modify IOS files, you can install lower version wads.
B) Darkcorp maxes out the version numbers, so it wouldn't matter anyways.

-Erik

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just one small correction
biggrin.gif

burritoboy9984 said:
A) If you are using a trucha'd IOS w/ the version patch (typical of cIOS236/249/250) to install/modify IOS files, you can install lower version wads.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Just one small correction
biggrin.gif

burritoboy9984 said:
A) If you are using a trucha'd IOS w/ the version patch (typical of cIOS236/249/250) to install/modify IOS files, you can install lower version wads.

lol, fair enough. I would say almost EVERY guide (99%?) that installs a patched ios 36/236/etc/etc... has the version patch, which is why I didn't say that
smile.gif

-Erik

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering if I am doing something wrong. I just modded a Wii following this guide and my black ops is stuck in the loading screen. I tried 249,250,222, 223 and all the same results. I am on 4.2U usb loader gx v1 . I had this problem before and had to switch hermes to v4 and it worked. Will it not work with v5.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martinezgene said:
just wondering if I am doing something wrong. I just modded a Wii following this guide and my black ops is stuck in the loading screen. I tried 249,250,222, 223 and all the same results. I am on 4.2U usb loader gx v1 . I had this problem before and had to switch hermes to v4 and it worked. Will it not work with v5.

Try this yet? Should work with any cios with a base of 57. I can't say for sure however because I haven't played it.

-Erik

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks it worked. I found a offline rev21 installer . I thought with your new addition of rev of cIOS21d2x2 I wouldn't have to update like I was doing with rev20b. Thanks again. This guide is the best.

bartm

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a few questions about this tutorial:

1. I see that the file IOS80-64-v6943[TB+NAND].wad will be installed. Why is this? This question is answered "In short, some channels won't work if you don't have a patched System Menu IOS." (http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below?st=7485&p=3452395&). Can someone tell me what channels won't work? If I understand correctly, these cIOS's install to empty slots, how can this break existing IOS's? I'd rather not install it, because I want to keep my system as clean as possible.

2. Why does this tutorial use priiloader 0.4, and not the latest 0.6 (which seems to be used in many other tutorials).

3. Yesterday, I was recommended to use Hermes IOS223 v4, bases 38+37 (by Lacuis, thanks for your quick response!), but this tutorial uses 223 v5, base 37. What is the difference?

4. Why doesn't this tutorial use Hermes v5.1 (this tutorial seems really up-to-date).

Thanks in advance,
-Bart.

bill4gr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.stoiximatizoume.com
XP
Country
Greece
hello ppl
smile.gif

Thanks for the guide..
i just done all the steps and now i m at the PriiLoader installation..
and i have a problem...

i ve already intalled Priiloader via HBC, edited the hacks to version 482 and placed the hacks_hash.ini at SD root.. but when i go to
System Menu Hacks it says:

Syntax Error: expected 'version' before 'n' @ line 2
Can't find hacks_hash.ini on FAT Device
Can't find hacks_hash on NAND

What is the problem? Can you pls help me?
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi is basically just a fancy version