Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly what I did. Now I'm trying to use a nand backup I found on my computer but I'm getting an assload of unprocessed blocks (at least 2 of every 3 are unprocessed). Wtf?

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
vanillakokakola said:
Okay, awesome. I guess I interpreted "delete the rest" differently than they meant for it to be interpreted. Re-running HackMii is when my microSD decided it was no longer down with working with the Wii. Hopefully the new one comes in the mail today. I was so close! Even got a couple games installed and everything.

I'm also apparently functionally retarded when it comes to partitioning my 320GB Maxtor OneTouch III. I've never had an external hard drive before. Are there any good walkthroughs on that? I've tried a couple different programs but haven't had good results. I did okay when I used GParted (?), partitioning it about half and half into unallocated space and FAT32 space, but the WBFS didn't recognize either one. Are there any good walkthroughs for this? (I have Windows Vista, which appears to matter for some programs like SwissKnife and PartitionMagic, both of which I wasn't able to use)

How are you wanting to use your external hard drive? What usb loader will you be using?

You can use windows to partition it and then use another program to format it to fat32 or wbfs.

To format it in windows just right click on my computer and select manage and then a new window will pop up.On the left hand side look where it says Disk Management underneath Storage.Click that and then find your drive.You can right click on the drive to format it and it will give you options.Just figure out how big you want the partition and enter in the value in MB.

(*1GB =1024MB so do the math to figure it up)

Once you make the first partition then go back and click on the other unused space on the hard drive and format that.No need to enter any size for the partition on this one because it will automatically use up the rest of the space on the hard drive.

I would select QUICK FORMAT when you do this to speed things up.Also it doesnt matter what you format the partitions to because you can reformat them later using a different app.Doing this just sets up your partitions how you want them.

To format a partition to WBFS use wiibackup manager.
To format a partition thats over 32gb in size you can use any app you can find from doing a google search.I use a program called EASEUS PARTITION MASTER.
Ideally I'll be using 120GB or so for Wii games, and the remaining 200GB for TV shows, movies, etc for when I plug it into my PS3.

IIRC, it's currently formatted into a 200GB FAT32 partition and a 120GB partition with no format. When I used Wii Backup Manager, it wouldn't let me format either the FAT32 or the blank partition to WBFS. Can't remember the error message I got though. Should I be using the EASEUS one for that (even for WBFS) since both partitions are over 100GB?

I will be using USB Loader GX, by the way.

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
did u ever read anywhere that u were supposed to have a certain # or % of unprocessed blocks? I think not... so what makes u think its a problem?

Well I remember when backing it up every block processed with about 2 bad blocks... I don't know why the back up would not install or change every block

I installed the trucha bug fine with Trucha Bug Restorer, but it still won't install those 5 wads..

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vanillakokakola said:
Ideally I'll be using 120GB or so for Wii games, and the remaining 200GB for TV shows, movies, etc for when I plug it into my PS3.

IIRC, it's currently formatted into a 200GB FAT32 partition and a 120GB partition with no format. When I used Wii Backup Manager, it wouldn't let me format either the FAT32 or the blank partition to WBFS. Can't remember the error message I got though. Should I be using the EASEUS one for that (even for WBFS) since both partitions are over 100GB?

What version of wiibackup manager did you try using?Some versions are betas so the formatting option might be broke in them.Try getting a different version and trying it.EASEUS can not format to wbfs.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
packerpride17 said:
XFlak said:
did u ever read anywhere that u were supposed to have a certain # or % of unprocessed blocks? I think not... so what makes u think its a problem?

Well I remember when backing it up every block processed with about 2 bad blocks... I don't know why the back up would not install or change every block

I installed the trucha bug fine with Trucha Bug Restorer, but it still won't install those 5 wads..

Of course when it makes a backup its going to copy everything there is but when restoring its only going to change blocks that have been changed since the backup took place.

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
vanillakokakola said:

What version of wiibackup manager did you try using?Some versions are betas so the formatting option might be broke in them.Try getting a different version and trying it.EASEUS can not format to wbfs.

I was using 3.0, so I'll give an older version a shot. Thank you!

This question is definitely a total newbie question, but can I put my ISOs on the WBFS partition? Or do those have to go in the FAT32 partition? What exactly can and can't go on the WBFS partition?

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vanillakokakola said:
icebrg5 said:
vanillakokakola said:

I was using 3.0, so I'll give an older version a shot. Thank you!

This question is definitely a total newbie question, but can I put my ISOs on the WBFS partition? Or do those have to go in the FAT32 partition? What exactly can and can't go on the WBFS partition?

For managers use Wii Game Manager, WBFS MANAGER 3.0 or WBFSsync ( make sure you choose the right one for your system ). You can only put .iso files onto your wbfs partition.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
I wouldn't use wbfs, it offers no advantage, but comes with enough disadvantages to make FAT32 a better choice. I'd just format the entire drive to one 320gb partition. That way you don't have to mess about resizing if you later decide you need more space for wii games or other stuff and everything will still work the same.

jakehowe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my Problem....Every post i found on updating a soft-modded system version lead me here.
I had 4.0 on my Wii.... I followed the main tutorial got to the second part...where it stated to load the
boot .dol/elf from the SD section.... as I stated below:

"Problem Is My Wii Freezes....at:
-------
Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.
-------
When I try and do this.

The whole first half worked fine...so I don't understand whats wrong.
thanks for anyone who helps ....

ThE MaSTeR 3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just modded my wii with this tutorial and was wondering what I do with the "cIOS.zip" do I install all 31 wads? Strangely the "cIOS.zip" package is never mentioned in the guide?

Can someone please tell me if I need the cIOS.zip package.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakehowe said:
Here's my Problem....Every post i found on updating a soft-modded system version lead me here.
I had 4.0 on my Wii.... I followed the main tutorial got to the second part...where it stated to load the
boot .dol/elf from the SD section.... as I stated below:

"Problem Is My Wii Freezes....at:
-------
Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the SD Card menu & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.
-------
When I try and do this.

The whole first half worked fine...so I don't understand whats wrong.
thanks for anyone who helps ....

You sure your going to the sd card menu and not the sd menu in the settings config?
The sd card menu is on the wiis main menu right next to the button for to enter the wiis settings.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThE MaSTeR 3 said:
So I just modded my wii with this tutorial and was wondering what I do with the "cIOS.zip" do I install all 31 wads? Strangely the "cIOS.zip" package is never mentioned in the guide?

Can someone please tell me if I need the cIOS.zip package.

Just ignore it.

As long as you followed the guide you have everything you need already installed.
The cios.zip is alternative cios wad files using different base ios files.The cios wads ones from the
modify.zip are the most common ones used and you shouldn't have any problems playing any
games if you use those ones.

Kanie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't really like the wii as much as the DS because of the games and the DS isnt so complicated(in my opinion), but more and more good games are coming and I want to play the wii again!
I have a few questions,..
first of all do you need to have a modchip??
- can I still play my legal games on it?
- as long as I don't update my wii ->just stay on 4.2(not sure if theres any new updates),, there won't be any harms to my wii right?
- lastly is it possible to restore my wii back to normal??

thanks people, im a noob in wii-related things
dry.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kanie said:
I didn't really like the wii as much as the DS because of the games and the DS isnt so complicated(in my opinion), but more and more good games are coming and I want to play the wii again!
I have a few questions,..
first of all do you need to have a modchip??No all you need is xzxeros guide
- can I still play my legal games on it?YES
- as long as I don't update my wii ->just stay on 4.2(not sure if theres any new updates),, there won't be any harms to my wii right?No harm just install priiloader to block online and disc updates
- lastly is it possible to restore my wii back to normal??Only install bootmii and then make a nand backup with bootmii before you do anything in the guide

thanks people, im a noob in wii-related things
dry.gif

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
I wouldn't use wbfs, it offers no advantage, but comes with enough disadvantages to make FAT32 a better choice. I'd just format the entire drive to one 320gb partition. That way you don't have to mess about resizing if you later decide you need more space for wii games or other stuff and everything will still work the same.

Haha, really? Wish I knew that in the first place... that's how my HD came originally!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
vanillakokakola said:
George Dawes said:

Haha, really? Wish I knew that in the first place... that's how my HD came originally!
lol, are u claiming that you bought a hard drive formatted as WBFS???

LMFAO
biggrin.gif

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
vanillakokakola said:
George Dawes said:

lol, are u claiming that you bought a hard drive formatted as WBFS???

LMFAO
biggrin.gif
No, as FAT32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads