Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JonesN7 said:
I think the "Priiloader" part was a little unclear with what I was seeing on my wii screen. What I did was first I choose "Priiloader" from the homebrew main menu (right under MMM). Then I got a warning message and i pressed a/+ to intsall priiloader as it told me. Then I went into MMM, press 2 right away, and chose the first option, which said it would let me edit the priiloader hacks. Then i chose the hacks that was recomenden.

Would that seem like a logical and right way to do it? Should the hacks I enabled be in use now? Thanks.

Finally I would like to give xzxero a great big huge thanks for this guide.
smile.gif

edit:
PuNN: What kind of SD card did you use ?

or go here and copy the hacks for your region. Open Notepad and paste then save as hacks.ini.

PuNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JonesN7 said:
edit:

First I used a 2gb Dane Elec
Then I used a 4gb San Disc Micro SD with an Adapter
Is it possible that it went to a black screen because I didn't use the right memory card?

My Wii was a softmodded 4.0
It got updated via the system menu to 4.2
Now Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports (Original) and Wii Play doesn't work. And I can't get bannerbomb to work.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try doing another wii system update. also there is more then 1 version of bannerbomb. Try the first two and if they dont work press others and use those. Try a sandisk 2GB card.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded wii that had been done in sep 09, I used this guide before, and again now to update everything. Update went smoothly, except now I can no longer use my wifi, it will not find the router which is directly on the other side of the wall (other wii's still find it). I'm guessing I have some sort of file somewhere that is corrupted? Any suggestions? No internet access is "really grinding my gears!"
angry.gif
Any help would be amazing. I'm guessing I need to reinstall something but I can't figure out what yet, already tried the guide install doing first the update, then modify.

Thanks

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
hybridLearner said:
I have a softmodded wii that had been done in sep 09, I used this guide before, and again now to update everything. Update went smoothly, except now I can no longer use my wifi, it will not find the router which is directly on the other side of the wall (other wii's still find it). I'm guessing I have some sort of file somewhere that is corrupted? Any suggestions? No internet access is "really grinding my gears!"
angry.gif
Any help would be amazing. I'm guessing I need to reinstall something but I can't figure out what yet, already tried the guide install doing first the update, then modify.

Thanks

Did you install Priiloader and enable the "block wireless connection" option?

PuNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Try doing another wii system update. also there is more then 1 version of bannerbomb. Try the first two and if they dont work press others and use those. Try a sandisk 2GB card.

I tried a 2gb San Disk. No luck.
Could you kindly point me to the other versions. I couldn't seem to find them in the downloads section.

Thank You.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PuNN said:
Riley said:

Could you kindly point me to the other versions. I couldn't seem to find them in the downloads section.

Thank You.

For 4.2 Only

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

If the download from step 2 doesn't work then try the downloads from step 6 one at a time until you find one that works.

For 3.0 to 4.1

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.old.php

JonesN7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
JonesN7 said:
I think the "Priiloader" part was a little unclear with what I was seeing on my wii screen. What I did was first I choose "Priiloader" from the homebrew main menu (right under MMM). Then I got a warning message and i pressed a/+ to intsall priiloader as it told me. Then I went into MMM, press 2 right away, and chose the first option, which said it would let me edit the priiloader hacks. Then i chose the hacks that was recomenden.

Would that seem like a logical and right way to do it? Should the hacks I enabled be in use now? Thanks.

Finally I would like to give xzxero a great big huge thanks for this guide.
smile.gif

edit:

or go here and copy the hacks for your region. Open Notepad and paste then save as hacks.ini.

Well I do have the hacks.ini file alright, but i can't seem to enable the cheats. None of them work as they were, and when I try to enable them via MMM, it just disbales them again after I click save settings.

PuNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
PuNN said:
Riley said:

Thank You.

For 4.2 Only

If the download from step 2 doesn't work then try the downloads from step 6 one at a time until you find one that works.

For 3.0 to 4.1

I tried every single version. 3 different outcomes:
#1--After pressing start to load the boot.dol the screen goes black and stays black
#2--After the SD card menu loads it freezes
#3--Nothing happens, a channel with a question mark appears

I'm beginning to think that i'm going to have to send off my wii. If it was softmodded before and then I updated it, will Nintendo find hacks on it? As of now after I explain the problem they say they will fix it for free.

I'm skeptical.

BTW thank you to everyone for your help. I was looking for help on a different site and was treated like an idiot because I didn't use there hacks in the first place when I modded my wii over a year ago.

Anyways, thanks!

EDIT: FIXED =]

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PuNN said:
icebrg5 said:
PuNN said:
Riley said:

Thank You.

For 4.2 Only

For 3.0 to 4.1

I tried every single version. 3 different outcomes:
#1--After pressing start to load the boot.dol the screen goes black and stays black
#2--After the SD card menu loads it freezes
#3--Nothing happens, a channel with a question mark appears

I'm beginning to think that i'm going to have to send off my wii. If it was softmodded before and then I updated it, will Nintendo find hacks on it? As of now after I explain the problem they say they will fix it for free.

I'm skeptical.

BTW thank you to everyone for your help. I was looking for help on a different site and was treated like an idiot because I didn't use there hacks in the first place when I modded my wii over a year ago.

Anyways, thanks!

EDIT: FIXED =]

Did you try to run another system update like aprevious poster suggested?

You could also try finding a game that has 4.2 update on it and then update from that disc and then retry the mod.
I've done 30+ wiis myself and never once had to use any other version of bannerbomb other then the original.

Also if bannerbomb still is failing for you after you try another system update why not just use the smash stack hack or the indiana pwns hack to install HBC? and then after you have HBC installed carry on with the rest of this guide.

PuNN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem has been fixed. Mario Kart works and I got the HBC back. Now I have to install the IOS files for Wii Sports (Original) and Wii Play.

finch9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest issue i've had is with the Sd care. My original sofmod was on a 16mb sd card, I upgraded to 4gb PNY and with this i was never able to write to the sd card. always got -1, -2 errors when trying to install pri-mii or DL covers to sd card.

Got a pqi micro card 1gb with adapter and every thing works perfect now.
I was able to follow the guide now perfectly.

Snowii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm this softmod went smoothly on a White Wii PAL UK 4.1 (upgraded to 4.2 with provided updatepal.zip , did mod with modify.zip then installed custom firmware 19)
I have one question though, the only problem I had during the mod was when I did the delete stubs part, when I did this it found no stubs? is this normal? or have I missed
something somewhere? I dont think I have missed anything I read everything very thoroughly and did exactly as the tutorial said.
The wii seems to be running isos from Usb Loader GX just fine apart from some minor graphics glitches just before the boot of games (games run perfectly after though with no problems.)
These graphics glitches on boot of games I put down to USB Loader GX being buggy and not the actual softmod, thats what I think anyway, anyone else experienced similar things with USB Loader GX on a 4.2 system?
Can someone explain to me why the mod never found any stubs please.

Many thanks for your time fellow Wii Modders
wink.gif

Snowii
biggrin.gif

Kijof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Snowii said:
I can confirm this softmod went smoothly on a White Wii PAL UK 4.1 (upgraded to 4.2 with provided updatepal.zip , did mod with modify.zip then installed custom firmware 19)
I have one question though, the only problem I had during the mod was when I did the delete stubs part, when I did this it found no stubs? is this normal? or have I missed
something somewhere? I dont think I have missed anything I read everything very thoroughly and did exactly as the tutorial said.
The wii seems to be running isos from Usb Loader GX just fine apart from some minor graphics glitches just before the boot of games (games run perfectly after though with no problems.)
These graphics glitches on boot of games I put down to USB Loader GX being buggy and not the actual softmod, thats what I think anyway, anyone else experienced similar things with USB Loader GX on a 4.2 system?
Can someone explain to me why the mod never found any stubs please.

Many thanks for your time fellow Wii Modders
wink.gif

Snowii
biggrin.gif

I did the softmod in a European Wii and found no stubs here. But the game loads fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night