Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got pretty far on the SoftMod guide, but about halfway through my microSD card with adapter decided that it didn't feel like being compatible with my Wii anymore. I've got a 2GB SD card coming in the mail, and I'm wondering, even though I have some of the software (HBC, USB Loader, etc) installed on my Wii, is it safe to follow the directions from scratch again?

Also, I think one of my problems was that after following the steps for BootMii, the directions say "Now you have to delete bannerbomb of the SD card! (just delete the atkn folder inside private/wii/title/). You can also delete the rest if you really want to. Don't foget to restore your old private folder if you had one!" Then later, when I tried to run BootMii, it wasn't there (obviously). This time around, should I ONLY delete the "Private" folder with bannerbomb in it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You probably deleted the BootMii folder on the SD card. You can get it back by Re-running the hackmii installer (which you can now do with the HBC if you want) and prepare the SD card again.

It is perfectly safe to start anew again to, as it'll simply overwrite what you did previously.

vanillakokakola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
You probably deleted the BootMii folder on the SD card. You can get it back by Re-running the hackmii installer (which you can now do with the HBC if you want) and prepare the SD card again.

It is perfectly safe to start anew again to, as it'll simply overwrite what you did previously.
Okay, awesome. I guess I interpreted "delete the rest" differently than they meant for it to be interpreted. Re-running HackMii is when my microSD decided it was no longer down with working with the Wii. Hopefully the new one comes in the mail today. I was so close! Even got a couple games installed and everything.

I'm also apparently functionally retarded when it comes to partitioning my 320GB Maxtor OneTouch III. I've never had an external hard drive before. Are there any good walkthroughs on that? I've tried a couple different programs but haven't had good results. I did okay when I used GParted (?), partitioning it about half and half into unallocated space and FAT32 space, but the WBFS didn't recognize either one. Are there any good walkthroughs for this? (I have Windows Vista, which appears to matter for some programs like SwissKnife and PartitionMagic, both of which I wasn't able to use)

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vanillakokakola said:
tj_cool said:

Okay, awesome. I guess I interpreted "delete the rest" differently than they meant for it to be interpreted. Re-running HackMii is when my microSD decided it was no longer down with working with the Wii. Hopefully the new one comes in the mail today. I was so close! Even got a couple games installed and everything.

I'm also apparently functionally retarded when it comes to partitioning my 320GB Maxtor OneTouch III. I've never had an external hard drive before. Are there any good walkthroughs on that? I've tried a couple different programs but haven't had good results. I did okay when I used GParted (?), partitioning it about half and half into unallocated space and FAT32 space, but the WBFS didn't recognize either one. Are there any good walkthroughs for this? (I have Windows Vista, which appears to matter for some programs like SwissKnife and PartitionMagic, both of which I wasn't able to use)

How are you wanting to use your external hard drive? What usb loader will you be using?

You can use windows to partition it and then use another program to format it to fat32 or wbfs.

To format it in windows just right click on my computer and select manage and then a new window will pop up.On the left hand side look where it says Disk Management underneath Storage.Click that and then find your drive.You can right click on the drive to format it and it will give you options.Just figure out how big you want the partition and enter in the value in MB.

(*1GB =1024MB so do the math to figure it up)

Once you make the first partition then go back and click on the other unused space on the hard drive and format that.No need to enter any size for the partition on this one because it will automatically use up the rest of the space on the hard drive.

I would select QUICK FORMAT when you do this to speed things up.Also it doesnt matter what you format the partitions to because you can reformat them later using a different app.Doing this just sets up your partitions how you want them.

To format a partition to WBFS use wiibackup manager.
To format a partition thats over 32gb in size you can use any app you can find from doing a google search.I use a program called EASEUS PARTITION MASTER.

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
What step are you doing in MMM thats crashing?

Also you could try a different sd card or reformat your current card and try again.

Won't even load. Tried a new SD card already. What other apps can do what MMM does, cause MMM seems just to be a bundle of stuff

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trucha bug restorer(downgrade ios36)
wad manager(install wads)
any title deleter (delete stubs)
Priiloader*

*MMM can acess priiloader for you to change settings.This isn't need but its better then having to hold the reset button when you turn on your wii to access priiloader settings*

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume your talking about the update to 4.2 part of the guide right?

If so just download that pack and then only put the wad folder from it on your sd card.Then use wad manager to install every wad in that folder.

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no, I'm talking about modify (but I found them). I can't delete the stubs either. I can't get to the system menu because it's still broken, so I can't connect it to the internet. AnyTitleDeleter doesn't work either (gives me Error -1017)

EDIT: I got it to work, but the Stubs aren't there... at least not 222, 223, 249, 250, and 254

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you try using cboot2 like i mentioned in your other thread?

Also you could be getting the error with ATD because your not using an ios that has trucha bug to run it.

Try running trucha bug restorer and then after that run ATD.

TBR doesnt need internet connection and neither does ATD

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I got the stubs, now, when he says install all of the wods, that's the cIOS ones and the ios 70-64 one?

Basically everything in the modify folder but IOS15, IOS15, and IOS36 right?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you on 4.2 already? If so how did you get to 4.2? official update or did you use xzxeros guide?

If through intendo then yes just install the cios ones and the ios 70 one.
If you updated to 4.2 through his guide then you might want to make sure all your ios files are updated to the latest.You can just reinstall them again to make sure.If you do this though skip the ios70 one as you will have already installed it from the modify part of the guide

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used his guide, but do you mean skip it because I installed it from the upgrade part? I'm on modify right now. Why would he include ios70 if I were to just skip it?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because he included the ios70 in the update to 4.2 part and included it in the modify part as well.

The one from the modify part will allow you to play wii ware and virtual console games from the sd card menu.

What i was saying is that if you installed the one from modify part and then went back and made sure your ios were updated by doing the update part again you would over ride the ios70 thats patched with the regular one then you wouldnt be able to play ww or vc from sd card menu.

Make sense?

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but they won't let me install. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I can't find the stub IOS's in ATD so I assume theyre gone.

I believe I installed the trucha bug, but whenever I use DopMii, it gives an error, and when I use GP DopIos, it has to connect to the internet, which isn't set up.

I can't install the cIOS wads, any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff