Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C.S.I. said:
smelldonut said:
bnwchbammer said:
smelldonut said:
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,
There are links to backup loaders at the end of the guide.
If you don't have any backup launchers it's obviously not going to launch backups.
Unless you did, then that'd a different problem that I don't think I can answer.
Well i installed everything correctly, I even have the Neogamma r8

I'm using maxell dvd-r and i got error 1187 while trying to load the game in neogamma.

Would my Dvds be the source of my problem over here?

If you have a newer Wii, post Oct 2008, it has a new DVD drive, that simply wont (and never will) read backups.

USB loading is the only way to go with newer Wii's.

If your is older, then I dont have the answer....

My wii is 3 to 5 years ago... don't remember that correctly. Well i manage to play most of the old games. Just like super mario galaxy 2 n new super mario bros doesn't work.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
smelldonut said:
C.S.I. said:
smelldonut said:
bnwchbammer said:
smelldonut said:
Hi, i tried ur guide once couple of months ago and it worked like a charm.

but this new guide causes me a lil problem. After i finished all those steps. I can't seem to play the new burned game such as new super mario.

This wii had a hard mod on it and upgraded to v.4.2U... does it causes any problem normally?

Also, i also noticed this guide didn't provide the dvd launcher like the previous one that allowed us to play burned games, so are we supposed to play the burned dvd using the normal launcher?

Thx again,
There are links to backup loaders at the end of the guide.
If you don't have any backup launchers it's obviously not going to launch backups.
Unless you did, then that'd a different problem that I don't think I can answer.
Well i installed everything correctly, I even have the Neogamma r8

I'm using maxell dvd-r and i got error 1187 while trying to load the game in neogamma.

Would my Dvds be the source of my problem over here?

If you have a newer Wii, post Oct 2008, it has a new DVD drive, that simply wont (and never will) read backups.

USB loading is the only way to go with newer Wii's.

If your is older, then I dont have the answer....

My wii is 3 to 5 years ago... don't remember that correctly. Well i manage to play most of the old games. Just like super mario galaxy 2 n new super mario bros doesn't work.

Try making a NAND backup and install Darkcorp too see if you can play the games from Disk channel.

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide and installed everything as recommended. Thanks for the guide.

So after the mod, I checked my old WiiGator Gamma Backuploader and Ultimate USB Loader stopped working. No problem. So I deleted those wads/channels and installed the NeoGamma loader and USB Loader GX. NeoGamma works (yay!) but USB Loader can't load from my USB key. The USB key is a 16GB WBFS drive and it worked flawlessly with the old Ultimate USB Loader 7.4.

What do you think I should so? I am sure it is something simple. If I followed the guide, do I already have the proper cIOS installed for the USB key? Maybe I need to reformat the key. What's the current guide for preparing for the USB key?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
ilnyc said:
I followed the guide and installed everything as recommended. Thanks for the guide.

So after the mod, I checked my old WiiGator Gamma Backuploader and Ultimate USB Loader stopped working. No problem. So I deleted those wads/channels and installed the NeoGamma loader and USB Loader GX. NeoGamma works (yay!) but USB Loader can't load from my USB key. The USB key is a 16GB WBFS drive and it worked flawlessly with the old Ultimate USB Loader 7.4.

What do you think I should so? I am sure it is something simple. If I followed the guide, do I already have the proper cIOS installed for the USB key? Maybe I need to reformat the key. What's the current guide for preparing for the USB key?

Have you tried the other USB port?

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
ilnyc said:

Have you tried the other USB port?
Yep. I did this about 1 year ago when the USB loader was somewhat of the cutting edge. This key actually has a LED blinker on it. Apparently the Wii did access it but could not read anything off it.

UPDATE: never mind, I reformatted with latest WBFS manager (Wii Backup Manager), and everything is working.

max2361

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm trying to mod a friend's Wii with 4.2U firmware. I've tried several different versions of Bannerbomb and it still locks up everytime. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
max2361 said:
Hi. I'm trying to mod a friend's Wii with 4.2U firmware. I've tried several different versions of Bannerbomb and it still locks up everytime. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the correct version, and using the SD card icon on the main menu, needs to be main menu on 4.2 firmware.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
max2361 said:

Are you using the correct version, and using the SD card icon on the main menu, needs to be main menu on 4.2 firmware.
Do you have anything else copied to your SD card from the system menu? (as in game saves or Wiiware/VC)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
brandonspikes said:
My brand new wii came with 4.2U, Can I skip to the modify part?
No, you can skip the update part
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

tj_cool said:
brandonspikes said:
My brand new wii came with 4.2U, Can I skip to the modify part?
No, you can skip the update part
tongue.gif

Follow this if your not on 4.2 yet, it will update all of your IOS's & System menu to the latest firmware.

/Confused

It seems you didnt understand what I asked, I understand it, I was asking if I could skip TO the 2nd part and it seems I can
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I love you OP, Took less than 10 mins to get everything setup and ready, Now all I need to do is wait for my HDD to come from newegg, Damn weekend ordering
frown.gif

Digipookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mod worked, but I can't play my original Wii games. I downloaded NeoGamma to try to boot Smash Brothers Brawl and got this message; DVD Err(1255), Disc ID.
What can I do to correct this? The originals dont even show up on the Disc Channel when they are in the drive. :/

D

Deleted User

Digipookie said:
The mod worked, but I can't play my original Wii games. I downloaded NeoGamma to try to boot Smash Brothers Brawl and got this message; DVD Err(1255), Disc ID.
What can I do to correct this? The originals dont even show up on the Disc Channel when they are in the drive. :/
Do you have an external HDD?

Digipookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
Digipookie said:
Do you have an external HDD?

No. I don't.

After Edit.

After cleaning the game off, it just sat in the drive without spinning. After trying again, the game booted and during the into vid the message "The game disc could not be read. Please read the wii Operations Manual for more information." popped up. I tried Wii Sports and that's working so I guess my Smash Brothers just doesn't work for whatever reason.

dgforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Neogamma and Softchip just doesnt work.

Neogamma returns me some dvd error, toc watever.
Softchip retuns "no boot partition found"

However, USB works fine, I can play anything thru cfgusbloader
My wii is also modchipped, anything wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof