• Total voters

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
make sure u check all the pages for 222 and 223, but if its not there, then u don't have the stubs (don't uninstall IOS254, that's bootmii)

if u don't have the stubs, u can skip the stub deletion step

So at this point I should technically be done, right? But USBloaderGX still complains about those stubbed IOS'. I'm not sure whats going on or what I should do next.

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
did u INSTALL the cIOS 222 and 223? U should have them in your WAD folder if u used this guide, otherwise use the cIOS installer

I did follow the guide and those should have been installed but looking via MMM it didn't show installed so I went ahead and installed them (222 and 223).

Should I go ahead and now uninstall via ATD?

Thank you for ALL your help XFlak - I appreciate it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wha???

stub IOSs and cIOSs install to the same slot, but they are different, u want to delete stub IOS222/223 and install a cIOS to slots 222/223. Once u successfully install the cIOS, u would not delete it using ATD.

if u haven't installed the cIOS yet, delete stub IOSs (if they exist), then install the cIOSs using wad manager

if u have installed the cIOS already, you are done (repeat for other cIOS slots if applicable)

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
wha???

stub IOSs and cIOSs install to the same slot, but they are different, u want to delete stub IOS222/223 and install a cIOS to slots 222/223. Once u successfully install the cIOS, u would not delete it using ATD.

if u haven't installed the cIOS yet, delete stub IOSs (if they exist), then install the cIOSs using wad manager

if u have installed the cIOS already, you are done (repeat for other cIOS slots if applicable)

OK - I'm getting somewhere now I think. I installed cIOS36 to IOS222 and IOS223.

Now the USBLGX Channel loader loads up and gives me a "No USB Device Found" and gives me an option to either use cIOS249 or cIOS222 (neither work). I do have a working WBFS formatted drive hooked up that works with my other softmodded wii.

If I start USBLoaderGX from a dol I still get (although slightly different error)

Needs unstubbed 222 v4 or 249 v9+
I found "
222 - 0
249=-36868

Thanks.... sorry to be a pain.

(xFlak - is it worth it to try using the NUSAD at this point or have I just come to far?)

MAXIMUS6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished updating my Wii from 4.1 to 4.2 using this guide and all went well until the final few steps:

When I was trying to install the system update, I got a -1 error in DOP-Mii -- something about a short write error. I exited, booted my Wii to the system menu and it said my system memory was full. So I went in, deleted a few saves, ran the update again through DOP-Mii and success. Whenever I go into the system menu now though, that memory full error is still there, and it won't go away no matter how many saves or channels I delete.

Has anyone else run into this? It wouldn't be a problem except that the message always pops up, and it takes me directly into the settings to the file management area; it will not let me navigate the system menu and select USB Loader GX for instance.

**EDIT: NVM, fixed it by continuing to delete more channels.

its

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

I used this guide and it as worked perfectly on my PAL 4.2E Wii..

Now My problem is darkcorp

I got the full version from the email address

I coped three folders apps cIOSCORPv3.6Extra and corpv3.6M to SD Card..

Then When I go into HBC and press A to install cIOSCORP v3.6 it errors out on 24 files.. ERROR! (ret = -2013) or ERROR (ret = -1029)

I am assuming it is unable to find the files on SD card??? but i have corpv3.6M folder in the root of SD card

Please help

Shiden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its late but I just wanted to drop a line saying thanks
yaywii.gif

I.C. Weiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Your Wii doesn't have an SD port?

I updated to 4.2 from update.zip, with BootMii installed on Boot2 and I installed the IOSes as well. Now, before I modify 4.2,

A)Should I install BootMii on IOS from the setup in update.zip and go on to modify 4.2
B)Should I install BootMii on IOS from the setup in update.zip, then reinstall the 23 IOSes again

What I basically want to know is if there's going to be a problem if I decide not to install BootMii on IOS.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Claros said:
If we don't have an SD port, how do we do ?
mellow.gif

You'll have to get an external SD card reader then. You can't mod your Wii without the SD card.

I.C. Weiner said:
Your Wii doesn't have an SD port?
His PC
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(I.C. Weiner @ May 15 2010, 01:33 PM)
I updated to 4.2 from update.zip, with BootMii installed on Boot2 and I installed the IOSes as well. Now, before I modify 4.2,

A)Should I install BootMii on IOS from the setup in update.zip and go on to modify 4.2
B)Should I install BootMii on IOS from the setup in update.zip, then reinstall the 23 IOSes again

What I basically want to know is if there's going to be a problem if I decide not to install BootMii on IOS.
You should install BootMii IOS and then continue
You don't need to install the IOSs again
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway