Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
kotsoulis said:
i have no idea how to find update.zip im searching for around 2 houers now,so any help would be apreciated.
i have send an email around 6 houers ago and still no answer.

check junk mail, if u still dont get an email, try using nus auto downloader... it can do everything this guide does, but u need to use cios installers instead of cios wads

NoOutlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, feel free to disregard my previous post.

I've figured out how to install, but it turns out my Wii is one of the new kinds with the DVD drive that doesn't play anything but official Wii games.

Now, when I put in a Wii game, it says Wii System Update.
I've seen the advice on how to disable system updates. But since I'm not really getting anything out of softmodding, I'd rather just go back to before I changed anything. How can I do this?
Does it have to do with loading the NAND and keys?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NoOutlet said:
I've figured out how to install, but it turns out my Wii is one of the new kinds with the DVD drive that doesn't play anything but official Wii games.
...since I'm not really getting anything out of softmodding, I'd rather just go back to before I changed anything.
u realize, even if your wii is new, and can't play backup DISCS, it can still play backups via USB loaders... so buy a hard drive, and u can save hundreds of games to it... have you considered this?

if u decide u still want to virginize your wii, check out the complete softmod guide, it has virginizing instructions

NoOutlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u realize, even if your wii is new, and can't play backup DISCS, it can still play backups via USB loaders... so buy a hard drive, and u can save hundreds of games to it... have you considered this?

if u decide u still want to virginize your wii, check out the complete softmod guide, it has virginizing instructions
Yeah, I'm planning on getting a USB hard drive in the future, but I won't have the money to buy one for a long time and I was thinking that I probably did more to my Wii than I needed to for a USB loader to work.
Thanks. Sorry, I didn't notice that the huge text "CompleteSoftmodGuide" was a link. I just thought it was underlined and huge because it was like the title of the guide below it.

Edit: Having looked at the re-virginizing guide, I'm not sure I want to anymore. It seems to suggest that I can't re-hack it. Why would this be? If it's back to factory settings, shouldn't I be able to hack the same way I did originally?

kotsoulis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
kotsoulis said:
i have no idea how to find update.zip im searching for around 2 houers now,so any help would be apreciated.

check junk mail, if u still dont get an email, try using nus auto downloader... it can do everything this guide does, but u need to use cios installers instead of cios wads

Tjank you,i simple created a new e-mail and recieved it,anyway now im stuck at the part that u place the cd card in wii and you must go at channels and then sd but it simple dont says anythink about banner bomb and i have no idea how to update

NoOutlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@NoOutlet, u can re-hack any wii... fyi, u realize there is nothing wrong with leaving ur wii hacked? It can still do everything a non-hacked wii can do.

Alright, cool. Yeah, I know. Okay, I set up Priiloader to suppress updates and I'll leave it hacked for now.
Do you know what makes it think it needs to update? Do you know what happens if I try to update? Do you know of a way I can get it to not think it needs to update without just suppressing updating with Priiloader?(e.g. reverting whatever IOS to the original without removing all other hacks?

I must admit, I'm a bit of a minimalist, so now that I know that I can only load games through a USB drive, I only want to have the hacks that enable me to do that. So, if I need all the hacks I've just installed, then I wouldn't want to re-virginize anyway. It's just that I feel like I've done a bunch of stuff to make discs play and they aren't going to play anyway, so all that stuff I'd like to undo.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u need all the hacks for usb loaders (with the exception of a cMIOS, but I don't think that was installed using this guide anyways)

yes, it is possible to suppress the update without using priiloader hacks, but its a pain in the ass, and I don't recommend it, i will explain how to do it below, but I do not recommend any1 use this approach, but instead stick to the priiloader hacks

but basically, all the update does, is it checks a bunch of your IOSs (and boot2) to see what version they're at. If the installed version is => update version, that specific IOS is left alone.

If u were to change the versions of all the IOSs (or cIOSs) to be => the updated versions (ie. the stub ios versions) then ninty will think these installed IOSs are up to date (ie. stubbed) even when they're custom.

so this is how u would do this for ONE cIOS... for example we'll do 249

on the wii:
-install the cIOS using the installer (must have patched IOS36 and already have stub IOS249 removed)
-pack custom IOS249 into a wad using bluedump (non-fakesigning versions)

on the pc:
-open the bluedumped wad using showmiiwads, change the version number to be => the stub IOS version number (which can be found in many apps, including the database for NUS Downloader). In this case, change the IOS version # to v65280 or higher

back on the wii:
-install the version changed cIOS249 using a wad manager (YAWMM is recommended)

end result-- ninty updates will see your cIOS249 is at the right version #, and it will not touch this IOS in the event of official ninty update. If you do this for all your cIOSs (and cMIOS or non-stubbed IOS30 or IOS60 if u are using these) u will no longer get the update message. You're boot2 must also be updated to avoid the update message, this will uninstall bootmii as boot2 (if u have it installed), but it can be reinstalled to the new boot2v4 directly afterwards (the ability to install bootmii as boot2 does not depend on the version of boot2 u have installed, it depends on the version of boot1 installed)

NoOutlet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for all the info. I don't think I did anything with cMIOS, so I'll just leave it as it is then. You've been a great help! Thank you.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me with my DVD+R issue? Im not sure how the heck im susposed to do things to get it to work on the Wii >_>. Whether im susposed to partition it somehow, or do i just burn the ISO to the disc, and what program would be best to do it

kotsoulis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new problem here when i try to install darkcorp lite or full version from homebrew channel i get an error message:
exception -1 the specified xml file not found.

xdsmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
kotsoulis said:

XFLAK,

see post 5355 and 5349. You answer alot of questions on here, i need your help man. Have you ever come across anything like this??? I have a 4.2U, did official update in december, wii worked awesome, then after alot of dinging around with homebrew, adding themes, emulators, etc. my wii works, but while in usbloader and usbloadergx freezes or gives code dumps. what the hell happened?

I've got 249 and 250 both v14 and priiloader blocking online and disk updates, and all other stuff from this guide dated 12/09.

Don't have nand backup cuz it was accidently overwritten when i modded a friend's wii.

I'm loading homebrew and usb loaders through SD and games off of USB hard drive. Any ideas? Should I remod? Can I do official update to erase/replace revised ios's or will that brick me?

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I've now used this on 4 different Wiis, without any issues any time.
From a release day Wii to my current black Wii.

Thank you very much for keeping this going and updating the files.

This is an invaluable resource.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your guides they are great. I was using your previous guide with rev17 and yesterday I did a friends wii with your new rev19 but something when I load my usb loader forwarder it will restart my wii. I use the same usb loader drive on my wii with out any resets.I was wondering how can I go back to rev17. Can I load the old modify files and go to the step of

Installing Cios & patching the system menu IOS

Run Wad Manager 1.5 and install

cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v17.wad
cIOS250-v17.wad
IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_div+NAND].wad
Press 1 to install the cIOS's

Or do I have to do the whole guide over?
Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag