• Total voters

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I kinda stuck on the Truch Bug restore step.

After running "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning", I'm returned back to the IOS selection screen.

The guide says to run IOS36, but I have only IOS60 option other then fakesign.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

torasktheundead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SyRenity said:
Hi.

I kinda stuck on the Truch Bug restore step.

After running "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning", I'm returned back to the IOS selection screen.

The guide says to run IOS36, but I have only IOS60 option other then fakesign.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

Yes, put the cursor on the IOS60 and press left on the directional pad. That will lower the IOS version.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
The Viztard said:
I have a 4.2U Wii...
I have a question kind of like the last... I followed the guide before it was updated and i installed the previous version of priiloader...now i tried installing or updating it to the new one which i think is r48? Well yea, i got priiloader to boot everytime i turn on the wii but ever since i "updated" it it would never autoboot to it when i turn the wii on now, it just goes straight to the health screen where i need to press "A," and everything would work though, i just want the priiloader menu to show up whenever i turn the wii on. Any help i appreciated!
smile.gif
hold reset to access priiloader.
change its setting to autoboot priiloader instead of the system menu.
ah ok, i would try it but i dont have access to a tv right now...so do i hold down reset as i power on the wii?

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
xzxero said:
The Viztard said:
I have a 4.2U Wii...
I have a question kind of like the last... I followed the guide before it was updated and i installed the previous version of priiloader...now i tried installing or updating it to the new one which i think is r48? Well yea, i got priiloader to boot everytime i turn on the wii but ever since i "updated" it it would never autoboot to it when i turn the wii on now, it just goes straight to the health screen where i need to press "A," and everything would work though, i just want the priiloader menu to show up whenever i turn the wii on. Any help i appreciated!
smile.gif
hold reset to access priiloader.
change its setting to autoboot priiloader instead of the system menu.
ah ok, i would try it but i dont have access to a tv right now...so do i hold down reset as i power on the wii?

Yep.

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, put the cursor on the IOS60 and press left on the directional pad. That will lower the IOS version.

Thanks, but I actually mean the menu appearing immediately after I launch the Trucha bug from Homebrew channel. There are only 2 entries - ios60 and fakesign.

I tried running the ios60 anyway, and it tried to downloaded the ios files from the Internet, which it failed as I don't have the Internet connected.

So i figure out that the 2nd menu entry (fake-sign) does all the job, and there is no actually need to run ios36 / remove stub ios (as mentioned in guide)?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SyRenity said:
QUOTE said:

Thanks, but I actually mean the menu appearing immediately after I launch the Trucha bug from Homebrew channel. There are only 2 entries - ios60 and fakesign.

I tried running the ios60 anyway, and it tried to downloaded the ios files from the Internet, which it failed as I don't have the Internet connected.

So i figure out that the 2nd menu entry (fake-sign) does all the job, and there is no actually need to run ios36 / remove stub ios (as mentioned in guide)?
No, do as he said:
Put your cursor on IOS60 and press left. It'll change number then.
Just keep going untill it's on IOS36 and press A

Its DOP-IOS MOD you launch btw, not "Trucha"

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SyRenity said:
QUOTE said:

I am not sure if the directions still say it, but at that screen, you choose the Accept Fakesigning first. Then after that you go back and change the IOS version. The directions should say something about choosing that option.

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to say thanks for adding to the main post what was updated, makes it a tad easier than going through it finding a difference.

Thanks again!

zyyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently softmodding a friends Wii but ran into problems so i am hoping someone cna help me.

This is where I am at the moment:
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run DOP-IOS MOD v11
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install IOS36 (r3351) w/FakeSign.
Keep choosing Load IOS from SD card by pressing left twice until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.

I get this far then it keeps code dumping me. should I keep on trying untill it succeeds? been trying 6 times and the code dumps every time.

or can I continue?

jakehikky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

im seeking help if poss

i have followed this guide but when updating to 4.2 in wad manager i think i missed the nus update wad but did all the other then when reset nothing the green light it on but nothing on screen?

is there anyone out there that can please help me
frown.gif

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

QUOTE said:
No, do as he said:
Put your cursor on IOS60 and press left. It'll change number then.
Just keep going untill it's on IOS36 and press A

I see, this is not very clear (no arrows or other stuff).

What happened if I did NOT do this but continued to cIOS and Priiloader? Can I just ran the DOP-IOS MOD again?

QUOTEIts DOP-IOS MOD you launch btw, not "Trucha"

You right - just Trucha more simple to remember
smile.gif

SyRenity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I just wanted to say thanks for adding to the main post what was updated, makes it a tad easier than going through it finding a difference.

Thanks again!

I just checked the updated steps, and has to say that I don't have this option in my DOP-IOS:
"Install IOS36 (r3351) w/FakeSign"

But only the "Accept fakesign...".

Were the files in modify.zip updated?

EDIT:Apparently yes - the archive is quite different.
Should I repeat all the modification steps again?

Mikey7047

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am having a problem with this guide, I am on my third Wii mod, so I'm not necessarily new to this, but I'm not an advanced user by any means either. In the past I have just used the Nintendo official updates to the newest firmware and then go from there (Since I tend to not even turn my Wii on for months at a time.)

So I did this last night, I updated to 4.2U from a New Super Mario Bros. Wii disc (Since I couldn't get the internet update to work for some reason.) I believe this put all my previous cIOS's back to stock, and everything was working good (including the Homebrew Channel getting removed.)

Fast forward to working on this guide --

I have an older Wii (probably 2-3 years old, with the vulnerable boot2 for bootmii)

I skipped the Update to 4.2 portion and went straight to the modify 4.2 portion (Is this my problem? Read on to find out!
wacko.gif
)

I put the files from the Modify 4.2 onto my SD and started that process. Made a NAND backup succesfully (Thank god too since I ended up bricking it later and was able to get into bootmii and uninstall the culprit from the HBC.)

I got to restoring the Trucha Bug portion and tried running DOP IOS mod. I chose load from SD card once, and then twice and it started to install something and all of a sudden got a code dump. I restarted the Wii and tried again with the same result. So I tried getting from network NUS with same result.

Judging from title of the section, I downloaded the Trucha Bug Restorer app and tried to emulate the functionality of the DOP IOS mod. I downgraded IOS 15, patched IOS 36 and then re-upgraded IOS 15, all from the NUS.

Success? I thought so...

I patched all the cIOS files from the modify.zip without any problem.

Tried to install Priiloader, and I got a brick. No problem, I just loaded up Bootmii, uninstalled Priiloader and everything was working good, I wasn't too concerned with having priiloader anyways.

I installed Homebrew Browser and got it to update the lists, images, etc. Started up the program itself and got a code dump about 30-45 seconds into it twice. This is the last thing I tried, but was wondering, is this a problem with the way I modded my Wii or a problem with the app itself? I assume it's not a problem with the app since I think it is a very popular app that many people use.

Sorry for the long windedness.

TL;DR: I modded my Wii, modifying small part of this guide on my own. Bricked when installing Priiloader, Unbricked using bootmii, code dumps using Homebrew Browser.

shampler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do I get ANY of the USB Loaders to work?!
I installed everything according to the guide, yet I cannot run any loader at all.

lqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys...i follow this guide n encounter Priiloader not loading after restarting my wii...i try reinstall but Priiloader just won't load...is Priiloader important?i judt wan to load game from usb hdd...thanks for all reply...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lqd said:
Hi guys...i follow this guide n encounter Priiloader not loading after restarting my wii...i try reinstall but Priiloader just won't load...is Priiloader important?i judt wan to load game from usb hdd...thanks for all reply...
boot to menu press and then hold reset and priiloader should load white screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up. +2