Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question,
As that I have a 4.2 wii in recovery mode, the homebrew channel is still up from updating to 4.2 using this guide,
That I could change the boot.elf file into a wad and be able to boot it as a channel, since i don't have acess to the normal sd menu
on the wii menu homepage?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lonelily said:
How to restore truncha bug in this guide is useless, none of those options appear even when following all the exact steps. Can someone clarify/explain that process please?

What are you talking about?

TBR is now built into dop ios mod 10

When it loads just scroll down to where it says Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.

After that keep pressing A until it's done and brings you back to the ios selection screen that says

Use IOS 60( i believe that's what it says been awhile since i've done it.)
Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.

When your at that menu again scroll over until is says ios36 and then hit A to start stub removal.

smashie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 on the instructions about about removing the stubs luckily i installed priiloader so i just set it to deny all updates but i felt this part of the guide is a little spotty.. other than that though it's very useful.. many thanks!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
I can't load bootmii, Wii locks up with the drive flashing blue all the time.

Use the BootMii installer again, don't reinstall BootMii just select the "Prepare SD card" option. If that doesn't fix it then your SD card might not be fully compatible with BootMii so try another card.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ToneEQ said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
I can't load bootmii, Wii locks up with the drive flashing blue all the time.

Use the BootMii installer again, don't reinstall BootMii just select the "Prepare SD card" option. If that doesn't fix it then your SD card might not be fully compatible with BootMii so try another card.
Thanks, worked with other SD card

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide but cannot launch backup games from DVD with NeoGamma R8 RC1(cIOS 249 rev 17). It says DVD Read Error 1051. Now I can only play games from USB Loader (I use CFG USB Loader v51). Please help me to overcome the problem with NeoGamma

buffalo72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have question. I modded my wii many months ago all was fine until my PC crashed&burned & I had to reinstall everything from the ground up. Now since I have done this every wii I mod for my mates(they are all old 3.x updated to 4.2 through the wii,so none of them have the new drives)I get error 1048 or 1051 & they wont play the new back-ups I burn, but they play all the ones I burnt before my system died. Now I`m guessing you`re gonna say I`m burning it wrong or something like that, or load through usb(which is fine for me cos I am now. but not for them!)

But if that is the case what would you suggest is the problem, I haven't changed any settings in imgburn as far as I`m aware or the type of media I use.

I`ve tried neogamma 6,7 & 8beta17 stiil no joy!!

Any help sorting or at least explaining why this is happening would be appreciated

ASTRAL2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be conflicting info everywhere regarding stub removal, some say remove them while others say not to ??
If they;re not currently being used by nintendo then they have no purpose right? And if nintendo ever decide to reuse them can't we simply reinstall them?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
buffalo72 said:
I have question. I modded my wii many months ago all was fine until my PC crashed&burned & I had to reinstall everything from the ground up. Now since I have done this every wii I mod for my mates(they are all old 3.x updated to 4.2 through the wii,so none of them have the new drives)I get error 1048 or 1051 & they wont play the new back-ups I burn, but they play all the ones I burnt before my system died. Now I`m guessing you`re gonna say I`m burning it wrong or something like that, or load through usb(which is fine for me cos I am now. but not for them!)

But if that is the case what would you suggest is the problem, I haven't changed any settings in imgburn as far as I`m aware or the type of media I use.

I`ve tried neogamma 6,7 & 8beta17 stiil no joy!!

Any help sorting or at least explaining why this is happening would be appreciated
Did you re-hack it after the update?

QUOTE(ASTRAL2k1 @ Jan 23 2010, 08:48 PM) There seems to be conflicting info everywhere regarding stub removal, some say remove them while others say not to ??
If they;re not currently being used by nintendo then they have no purpose right? And if nintendo ever decide to reuse them can't we simply reinstall them?
Only remove the stubs for IOS 222,223,249 and 250
The rest can stay

Zulithe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've installed Priiloader (the newest version inside the pack this thread instructs you on getting) and when I start my Wii it doesn't show Priiloader... i've tried uninstalling/re-installing it. what am I doing wrong? I have hacks.ini on the root of my SD which I thought got copied to NAND on install of priiloader (again, same hacks.ini found in the pack)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Zulithe said:
I've installed Priiloader (the newest version inside the pack this thread instructs you on getting) and when I start my Wii it doesn't show Priiloader... i've tried uninstalling/re-installing it. what am I doing wrong? I have hacks.ini on the root of my SD which I thought got copied to NAND on install of priiloader (again, same hacks.ini found in the pack)
Hold reset while the wii boots

Priiloader doesn't load automatically

Spork is Me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting a -2011 error when I tried to install the cIOSs.
I'm not sure why though, I've followed this guide before and I've installed them with with no problems.

ASTRAL2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copied from the guide.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 21 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then 1 to install them. [Apparantly some IOS files will not appear on the list, but they are above highest one visible. It should say 22 files will be installed.]
*End.*

My question, are any of the 22 included IOS patched or are they untouched ?

Posts merged

tj_cool said:
Zulithe said:
Hold reset while the wii boots

Priiloader doesn't load automatically
Thanks, tj_cool

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
ASTRAL2k1 said:
Copied from the guide.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
Scroll down the list to find & install:
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 21 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad by pressing + on each one then 1 to install them. [Apparantly some IOS files will not appear on the list, but they are above highest one visible. It should say 22 files will be installed.]
*End.*

My question, are any of the 22 included IOS patched or are they untouched ?

yeah are these already patched for trucha and another1 i read about or do we have to do that

also comparing this to xflak40s safe installer (19 jan)
he has ios9 v520 and this 1 doesnt have an ios 9
his ios14 is 262 this is 520
he doesnt have ios70 u have
whats the best versions

ultravista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the first part of the guide, the part that uses update.zip, everything went flawless, the steps were processed without error. The virgin WII went from 4.0U to 4.2U.

Moving on to the second part however, the SD card freezes / locks the system, when the files from "modify.zip" are present. I tried three different cards, they all freeze the system.

When I copy the files from "update.zip" back to one of the cards, the SD menu does not freeze the system but it displays ??? instead of asking if would like to boot. Very odd.

I re-downloaded the "modify.zip" file, reformatted, but it still locks the WII.

I removed the bannerbomb folder \private\wii\title\aktn from the card, it no longer freezes the system, but it doesn't show up as anything on the card either. In other words, I'm not prompted to load ...

The serial is LU702xxxx

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm back up and running ... I wasn't accessing the SD card through the ICON on the screen, I was going through data managament then onto SD. It only took about 50 pages of this rather lengthy thread to figure it out ....

Hope this helps someone else. For step two, the modify portion, use the SD ICON !!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys and gals. I have used the mod instructions in this thread many times to do many of my friends wii's without incident. I hope someone here can help me figure out how to remedy the situation I am in now. I had modded a friends wii a while ago using this guide to 4.1u and then I think I installed cioscorp. I just decided to update his wii to 4.2u not realizing I had installed cioscorp on it inthe past. I used the update from the latest guide here and when it was done the homebrew channel was gone and when I tried to start the modify step to put it back it gave me the "no vulnerable ios" message. I believe that is because of a fakesigned ios left behind by cioscorp, am I right? I am stuck. I tried to do a ninty update hoping it would get rid of the cioscorp ios but it did not. I have tried to run DOP-IOS Mod included with the latest modify step but it code dumps when trying to install a fakesigned ios. Is there a way to get the homebrew channel back so I can run the cioscorp uninstaller and get back to normal?

Thanks,

iamwally

raphzthename

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity, is it safe to delete boot.elf after you have finished installing everything? I'd like to install wad channels to my SD card without the Bannerbomb popping up every time I enter the SD channel. I assume that Bannerbomb is the private folder on the root of the SD card. Would it be perfectly safe to delete boot.elf and the private folder? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff