• Total voters

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hello,
I'm modding my neighbor's wii. That they just got over the holidays. I've tried all of the alternative versions of bannerbomb on that page on their 4.2U wii, but it's still freezing. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Are you running banner bomb from blue SD card menu at the bottom left of the main System Menu?

atoddvr6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great guide! I have one problem though.
excl.gif
Instead of the usual disc channel, it now says wii system update. So now I can't play any original disc games (that's all I have) unless I update the firmware. I only wanted to enable support for a usb hard drive. I followed all the steps and I don't think I did anything wrong. The homebrew channel and the usb channel works so I know I did that right. I updated to 4.2 before I started modding. If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
atoddvr6 said:
Thanks for the great guide! I have one problem though.
excl.gif
Instead of the usual disc channel, it now says wii system update. So now I can't play any original disc games (that's all I have) unless I update the firmware. I only wanted to enable support for a usb hard drive. I followed all the steps and I don't think I did anything wrong. The homebrew channel and the usb channel works so I know I did that right. I updated to 4.2 before I started modding. If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

Get pre/priiloader or startpatch and enable the hacks for blocking disc and online updates

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, if one wanted, would it be possible to return a wii to a "virgin state" after all these hacks have been aplied?
If so, how?

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
a few ways, best guide is here http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

fyi, this is linked in the first post... so yea... u obviously didn't look all that hard
huh? me? my wii is virgin. i hope you didn't just tell me to read and you posted the wrong thing!! LOL
moogle.gif
lecture.gif

BUT I think I DID do it wrong. I was going to the SD channel management menu like the tuto says. but googling says go to the SD browser. Gonna try that, next time I'm over there. I'll let you know what happens.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
laserbeak43 said:
xflak40 said:
a few ways, best guide is here http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

fyi, this is linked in the first post... so yea... u obviously didn't look all that hard
huh? me? my wii is virgin. i hope you didn't just tell me to read and you posted the wrong thing!! LOL
moogle.gif
lecture.gif

BUT I think I DID do it wrong. I was going to the SD channel management menu like the tuto says. but googling says go to the SD browser. Gonna try that, next time I'm over there. I'll let you know what happens.
no my post was directed to shizzy, the guy who's post is just above mine (and who's question matched my answer... DUH!)

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
laserbeak43 said:
xflak40 said:

moogle.gif
lecture.gif

no my post was directed to shizzy, the guy who's post is just above mine (and who's question matched my answer... DUH!)
yeah don't worry you still get your chance to be a flamer. YOU WIN!!!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installed everything and added cISOCORP on (and the extras wanniko gcn loader, and cISO14)
after that however I noticed something weird

I cant start the wii with a SD card inserted
I get no display until I remove and restart it
I though it was bricked at first until I removed the card

is this normal behavior?
priiloader is what it boots to first

Duracell

Trophies
XP
Country
Ladies and Gents
Can you advise if this is ok to update my Wii Iam currently running 3.2E with Twightlight hack and installed all the good stuff which was available then. I installed a gammapack which came with everything at the time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

daveycalhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for the great guide seemed to work flawlessly!! i've got just a couple of questions, when i installed the mod i used the cIOS249-v14.wad and cIOS250-v14.wad as i thought i would be mostly using dvd backups but i'm thinking of trying a usb drive how can i upgrade to version v15,v16 or v17 (which i've heard is out). is it just with wad manager?. what is the difference between these new cIOS's and will they still play DVD backups. also which loader do yo recommend when using these cIOS's.

thanks

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I have updated my wii to 4.2E couldn't installed boot2.
When I try bootmii for HBC all I get is a black screen and the drive bay flashes.
I have to switch the wii off at the plug to get it to restart.

I only want to back up my disks to a usb external HD drive and play DVD's
Can someone help me please

Thanks

Zoot

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zootoxin said:
Hi All,

I have updated my wii to 4.2E couldn't installed boot2.
When I try bootmii for HBC all I get is a black screen and the drive bay flashes.
I have to switch the wii off at the plug to get it to restart.

I only want to back up my disks to a usb external HD drive and play DVD's
Can someone help me please

Thanks

Zoot

So you followed this pack to update to 4.2? And then when running the HackMii installer, that is when you get the black screen? Is it when you put the "Modify 4.2" contents on the SD card, and load the SD card menu from the Wii it locks up?

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Thanks for coming back I got past that part by running bannerbomb again.
NAND created and sorted on PC.

But..

I am now stuck on Dop-IOS MOD V9.gp
I go to Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning
Press A lots of times
A to continue

but on return to IOS selection I only see

IOS: 60
Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning

not
IOS36

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zootoxin said:
Hi Thanks for coming back I got past that part by running bannerbomb again.
NAND created and sorted on PC.

But..

I am now stuck on Dop-IOS MOD V9.gp
I go to Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning
Press A lots of times
A to continue

but on return to IOS selection I only see

IOS: 60
Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning

not
IOS36
I think that part of the guide should be rewrittten, xzxero please clarify that by stating out the what actually appears on the screen and what button should we press. It is a little bit frightening! Thanks in advance .

zootoxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I did the next two steps.

Will I ever be able to get rid off the update wii instead of it showing my disk?
there wasn't a warning about that?

Also whats the best app as usb loader?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zootoxin said:
OK I did the next two steps.

Will I ever be able to get rid off the update wii instead of it showing my disk?
there wasn't a warning about that?

Also whats the best app as usb loader?
What are you talking about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol