tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ade said:
I have a wii where I can use Bootmii as boot2, so I don't bother with Priiloader and would prefer to keep it that way if possible. However thankyou for the quick response. If no one else can offer any solutions I will probably have to go with it.
There are only 2 ways:[*]Install Preloader/Priiloader or Startpatch and enable the block disc updates hack[*]Play the game with geckoOS

longspeer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
veganjustice said:
I have a quick question, if anyone can assist.
I had a friend use the current pack on here, when trying to run DOP-IOS, it just freezes, it wouldn't work, so I gave him the instructions from here (http://completesg.freeforums.org/simplistic-mod-current-t133.html), including the TBR, and this wad IOS37-64-v3869.wad, since that is what looks like the only difference between the old pack and the new one, the new one not having IOS37-64-v3869.wad in the 'Modify 4.2' pack.

But when he is running the TBR steps, in the very beginning of the Trucha Restore, at this part Run Trucha bug restorer again
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

When he gets back after pressing A, all he has is IOS15, it it doesn't list IOS36.

Any ideas why neither route is working?

Thanks
Use the new software. TBR is no longer necessary. there is an app now called GP DOP-IOS MOD that does it all for you. e-male [email protected] for the new apps to run

knox_SOF

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have my wii updated to 4.2U i followed the guide, but i can now no longer play new games that i actually buy,
it gives me error code #002, and when i try to play the ripped games it says i'm missing a hacks.ini file.

is there a way i can simply remove this softmod and attempt it again or would it be better to buy a mod chip?
would there be confliction with this softmod and a modchip?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

DSTTSTINKYCARD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i used the earlyer guide before it was updated
i downloaded the one in early nov 09
it has been upodated a couple of times since then

my problem is
after installing the softmod, i installed neogamma r8
and cant get a wireless microphone or wireless guitar sync'ed in to the wii
but if i install cioscorp 3.6 they work
what do i need to change or install to get the microphone and guitar working with neogamma?
thanks for any help

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
A couple question my friend's father who live in Spain wants to send him a Wii(the black ones)but my friend lives in Peru which uses the NTSC system. What i ask r this new consoles also region modable? also the other date when i was moding my uncle's wii which his kid update to 4.2 the only CIOS i coudl instal was REV16 all the others just give me errors why was that?

Frouwke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
knox_SOF said:
i have my wii updated to 4.2U i followed the guide, but i can now no longer play new games that i actually buy,
it gives me error code #002, and when i try to play the ripped games it says i'm missing a hacks.ini file.

is there a way i can simply remove this softmod and attempt it again or would it be better to buy a mod chip?

Oh my, now I'm too scared to further update this. :\ I've just installed IOS70 and the newest System Menu...

But I see that questions barely get answered in here.
frown.gif

Also:
"Then proceed to install the remaining 22 different IOS files "

I counted, and I only have 17 IOS files remaining.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wimu said:
A couple question my friend's father who live in Spain wants to send him a Wii(the black ones)but my friend lives in Peru which uses the NTSC system. What i ask r this new consoles also region modable? also the other date when i was moding my uncle's wii which his kid update to 4.2 the only CIOS i coudl instal was REV16 all the others just give me errors why was that?
there is a region free hack for the system menu using prealoader/priiloader or startpatch. stub ios were installed after the 4.2 update.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dragoonchoco said:
Sorry I know this is a noob question.

Does this guide let you play wii games or just homebrew?

Because I already have HBC.

Thanks

Both

Posts merged

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jan 16 2010, 03:07 PM) Isn't it easier to just update via Nintendo and then follow the guide starting with the "modify" section?
Yes it it but a lot of people are paranoid with the official 4.2 update from nintendo because it updates your boot2
and could possibly brick you if power was cut at the moment boot2 was being updated.

Personally i've updated over 10 wiis to 4.2 through nintendo without any issues and then modded them

All work just fine.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
leonstars said:
what is the different between cIOS249-v15.wad or cIOS249-v16.wad
cIOS250-v15.wad or cIOS250-v16.wad

for usb loading

v15 or v16

When you install a cios it installs to both ios slots 249 and 250.
249 is the one used by most loaders and 250 is just a backup in case something happens to 249.

If your going to be using usb loaders then just use the latest version which is v16.
If you want to know the exact differences in them then check the readme files that come with the cios installers.
You wont find them in the pack you download from this guide because this guide uses the cios in wad format.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
knox_SOF said:

the hacks.ini file has to do with pre/priiloader.It has nothing to do with playing any games.Can you clarify exactly what your talking about.

You can "revirginize" your wii again and start over.Check out the following link

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

Softmods can do everything a modchip can do and are free so unless you just want to waste your money then stick to softmods.

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
razorback78 said:
wimu said:
there is a region free hack for the system menu using prealoader/priiloader or startpatch. stub ios were installed after the 4.2 update.
Sorry but i dont understand, doesnt preolader or starpacth erase from the NAND when i install the new system menu region ? or is it to downgrade the system menu and then install the new region system menu?

veganjustice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longspeer said:
veganjustice said:
I have a quick question, if anyone can assist.
I had a friend use the current pack on here, when trying to run DOP-IOS, it just freezes, it wouldn't work, so I gave him the instructions from here (http://completesg.freeforums.org/simplistic-mod-current-t133.html), including the TBR, and this wad IOS37-64-v3869.wad, since that is what looks like the only difference between the old pack and the new one, the new one not having IOS37-64-v3869.wad in the 'Modify 4.2' pack.

But when he is running the TBR steps, in the very beginning of the Trucha Restore, at this part Run Trucha bug restorer again
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

When he gets back after pressing A, all he has is IOS15, it it doesn't list IOS36.

Any ideas why neither route is working?

Thanks
Use the new software. TBR is no longer necessary. there is an app now called GP DOP-IOS MOD that does it all for you. e-male [email protected] for the new apps to run

I know that, as I said in my post, that freezes his Wii every time, so that is why I backstepped to TBR. Any ideas?

shredder49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, when I get Wad Manager on It says to press A to continue, I click A and then my wiimote loses connection. And Wad Manager doesnt come up on Homebrew channel. can anyone help?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shredder49 said:
I have a question, when I get Wad Manager on It says to press A to continue, I click A and then my wiimote loses connection. And Wad Manager doesnt come up on Homebrew channel. can anyone help?
are you selecting IOS36 Edit you mustn't have patched IOS36 properly

shredder49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
shredder49 said:
are you selecting IOS36 Edit you mustn't have patched IOS36 properly
Ok 36 works but after I click Wii SD slot it says "Retrieving file list... ERROR! (ret = -1)"

shredder49

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
are you using the correct folder the wads need to be in a folder called wad on your sd card
oh I extracted the files and put them on the sd card without the folders. I'll see how that works tomorrow thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1