Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Homebrew Ninja said:
Kirby102 said:
icpmattj said:
Kirby102 said:
Ok this is really not going well for me...
frown.gif
In an attempt to try and fix the NSMB problem that I had before (where it just errors instantly after Disc Channel), I downgraded back to 4.1E from the previous files in this guide, and it still errors!
wacko.gif

Could anyone please help me, and potentially end my frustration.
hate2.gif

What error are you getting?

What loader are you trying to play it with?
When I put NSMB in the Wii and load it from the Disc Channel, it just gives me the "An Error Has Occurred" screen of death instantly. I'm using the Disc Channel (for simplicity reasons), and I don't want to use other loaders (NeoGamma and stuff).

It used to work on 4.1E when I downgraded it before, but now it doesn't
frown.gif
The reason why I downgraded was that I had this error on 4.2E as well...
unsure.gif

Did you patch the iso file before burning it because you need to with that game.
Yep, I used that patch so it wouldn't error ingame, but that would occur after W1-2 or 5min. This error just happens instantly after entering the game from Disc Channel.
unsure.gif

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still good reason to stick with 4.1? I seem to remember reading "for some region free reasons" it was good to stick with 4.1 but I'm not sure that still is true (not to mention I was never even sure what the reasons were!).

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hammyface said:
Is there still good reason to stick with 4.1? I seem to remember reading "for some region free reasons" it was good to stick with 4.1 but I'm not sure that still is true (not to mention I was never even sure what the reasons were!).
If it ain't broke don't fix it

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
longtom1 said:
Lugger067 said:
I HAVE A WII 3.4E when i have done the first part with the update do i then do the next part of modify 4.2 or is that strictly for for thoughs that have 4.2 from new?
you can use the guide for any firmware

but priiloader has no hacks for 3.4 only for 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 firmware

Are you sure that priiloader doesn't break 3.4 firmware? I mean exactly priiloader, but not preloader, which seems to be fine with 3.4 (even with no hacks).

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the said:
longtom1 said:
Lugger067 said:
I HAVE A WII 3.4E when i have done the first part with the update do i then do the next part of modify 4.2 or is that strictly for for thoughs that have 4.2 from new?
you can use the guide for any firmware

but priiloader has no hacks for 3.4 only for 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2 firmware

Are you sure that priiloader doesn't break 3.4 firmware? I mean exactly priiloader, but not preloader, which seems to be fine with 3.4 (even with no hacks).
It probably works but there is no real point if there are no hacks

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
greetings!
thanks for the guide, it really helped out
to the issue at hand, I softmodded a 4.2U wii and everything was just fine and dandy, installed the latest cioscorp (the one with hackmii support), enabled the hacks in priiloader and the backups work just fine. The thing is, whenever I try to turn on the wii, the normal green light appears for a second, and then the yellow standby light appears and it won't boot, except if I press reset with the power button whereas it will boot to priiloader and from there I can access everything, my question is, why did this happen? is there any way to fix it? cause it's a pain having to turn on the wii that way everytime. Thanks for your help and for the guide!

JuiceX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simonarturo said:
greetings!
to the issue at hand, I softmodded a 4.2U wii and everything was just fine and dandy, installed the latest cioscorp (the one with hackmii support), enabled the hacks in priiloader and the backups work just fine. The thing is, whenever I try to turn on the wii, the normal green light appears for a second, and then the yellow standby light appears and it won't boot, except if I press reset with the power button whereas it will boot to priiloader and from there I can access everything, my question is, why did this happen? is there any way to fix it? cause it's a pain having to turn on the wii that way everytime. Thanks for your help and for the guide!

Try set boot into wii menu in the priloader setting.

milkmanchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quickie form me

When you get to the 'Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.'

Do you just keep clicking A till it stops asking if it is ok to remove the IOS?, when we used to do the any title deleter method I seem to remember only deleting 222,223,249 and 250, yet DOP IOS seems to delete a lot more.

Thanks for a great and easy way to mod yet again

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed the steps in the guide and i was un installing wii ware and uninstalled hbc by accdent now bannerbomb wont load so i can reinstall hbc,any ideas

im a 4.2 ntsc i do have priiloader installed but its not loading any of the dols

Zonix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is there a way to uninstall "cIOS249-v16.wad" and "cIOS250-v16.wad" since I want to install Rev14 instead as I thought I would be using the USB Loader but I changed my mind.

I've tried to uninstall using the wadmanager the only thing I get is a error.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Zonix said:
Is there a way to uninstall "cIOS249-v16.wad" and "cIOS250-v16.wad" since I want to install Rev14 instead as I thought I would be using the USB Loader but I changed my mind.

just install the v14 ones
they'll overwrite the r16 ones

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
JuiceX said:
simonarturo said:
greetings!

Try set boot into wii menu in the priloader setting.

I've tried that but it doesn't seem to work, is there any hack that might interfere with the correct booting of the system? and when you say wii menu, i'm given the option of "system menu", that's it right?

Zonix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Zonix said:

just install the v14 ones
they'll overwrite the r16 ones

I just tried that, it doesn't work. :/

I get this error when doing 249v14
CODE
ERROR! (ret = -1035)

250v14 installs fine.

By the way I should maybe add that is a completely new Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1