Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
The guide is completely up to date as well
tongue.gif

X1pheR: be sure to install the newest HBC (and bootmii if possible), then start the guide from the begining (including the update). You can then skip the installation of HBC and bootmii in the Modify part
Thanks. I don't have to uninstall cioscorp first?
Also do I have to do anything special regarding Priiloader? Like I have it set to load with IOS60. Do I have to change that in advance to IOS70 maybe? I also read somewhere that you have to reinstall Priiloader after a certain step because otherwise you will get a brick with a message displaying that the system files are corrupt or something. Is this true?

mas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this guide to modify my wii and everything works fine. There is however one step i missed from the guide the TBR part where it says Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process. Where should i choose IOS36? I am asking this because it involves removing things and i wanna be sure i dont remove things that aren't meant to be removed.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm stuck at the DOP IOS MOD part...I select "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning", then press A to continue with IOS36 and all like the guide says but I get an error message telling me the IOS36-64-3351.wad can't be read from the sd card. I checked and the file is there, with the correct name and everything, and I also tried with a different sd card. What's the matter? I have a black PAL wii with 4.2.

ninjageekgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
instead of updating to 4.2 threw your guide. cant i just use the Wii to update to 4.2 on it's own?

i mean the guide says it works on ANY wii, so why not just skip the first part and jump straight to the 2nd by letting the Wii update on its own?

anyone has thoughts on this?

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is weird. I followed the guide step by step a week ago and was able to mod my sister's wii fine. I installed cIOScorp and it plays games off disc backup no problem.

Then today I tried to do a friend's, and everything seemed to install ok, but backups won't load. I keep getting a 'error reading disk' or whatever. I installed cIOScorp and it doesn't run, and I tried using neogamma R8 and that doesn't load games either. I did notice the guide was different between last week and now concerning the trucha bug remover (last week's guide didn't use GP DOP IOS)... would that make a difference? Anything I should try? Thanks!

guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
markinca said:
Well this is weird. I followed the guide step by step a week ago and was able to mod my sister's wii fine. I installed cIOScorp and it plays games off disc backup no problem.

Then today I tried to do a friend's, and everything seemed to install ok, but backups won't load. I keep getting a 'error reading disk' or whatever. I installed cIOScorp and it doesn't run, and I tried using neogamma R8 and that doesn't load games either. I did notice the guide was different between last week and now concerning the trucha bug remover (last week's guide didn't use GP DOP IOS)... would that make a difference? Anything I should try? Thanks!

d3-2 drive in that wii?

markinca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guerrierodipace said:
markinca said:

d3-2 drive in that wii?

See, that's the thing - I have no idea.... looking online it seems like there's no way to tell unless you take the wii apart? Or is there a way to find out?

lonelily

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I'm a noob or whatever they're called, but I like to think I can follow instructions pretty well ;P

I have a new Wii, and it's on 4.2 after I updated via Nintendo and so far so good on the modifying guide. However I'm stuck at the Trucha bug, the guide says run "GP DOP-IOS MOD". I don't see that option anywhere. Is it something that needs to be done if I want to play backups from my SD card?

silentangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im stuck..,

-i run TBR
- downgrade ios15
-ios36 menu
-restore ios15

I still don't understand how the use DOP IOS so i used TBR.., when i use DOP IOS i see ios60 and fake signing or something and when i KEEP PRESSING A it does not takes me back to the IOS selection screen.

my problem is that when i tried to install cIOS249 rev 14 i have an error 1035 in wad manager

and i went to DOP IOS i select ios36 and "removed stubbed ios" and do the TBR again

did i do something wrong??

anybody have any solution i have 4.2u wii LU65..,
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
markinca said:
guerrierodipace said:
markinca said:

d3-2 drive in that wii?

See, that's the thing - I have no idea.... looking online it seems like there's no way to tell unless you take the wii apart? Or is there a way to find out?

You could try loading a game off a usb stick. If it worked of the usb i guess that would tell you that you have a d3-2 drive.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Restoring the Trucha Bug
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

Can someone explain the above? Just 1 step accomplishes the procedure of TBR?

vistamaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.
Please i need some help guys. ive pressed a til it took me back to the selection screen, but on the selection screen theres only
QUOTEIOS: 60
Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning
no IOS36!!! please any help appreciated.

typicaltosome123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble installing gamma for the wii. every time i try to load both wad managers and my ios programs i get a black screen and my wiimote shuts off i have all my files in the apps folder and i'm thinking i have the files in the wrong folders but i don't know where to place them and i've never done this b4 i just follow the guides and none of the guides state this problem
frown.gif

Thanks ahead of time
smile.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're on 4.2, you have to delete the IOS stub at IOS 249 and then install IOS 249 before you can use a wad manager, etc..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: