• Total voters

fugs

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
EeZeEpEe said:
fugs said:
Ok,i just bought my first Wii yesterday and unfortunately, did an update. My version now is 4.2e.

I tried following the guide and have downloaded the Hackmii installer from http://bootmii.org/download

and

Bannerbomb for 4.2 from http/://bannerbomb.quod.us/index.new.php

I copied the boot.elf file from the hackmii zip file to my SD card's root.

Then copied content.bin from the abd6a_v200.zip file to my SD card's root. i tried the other zip files on that website as well.

Plugged the SD card into the Wii and accessed it from the SD card icon on the main menu. It didnt freeze and neither did it bring up the Load boot.dol/elf? option.

I then tried accessing the SD card from the the channels window but the same thing happened. All it shows are a bunch of blank tabs.

Is this because ver 4.2e is the latest and so it wont work?

or am i doing something wrong?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Just email [email protected] and follow this guide. It's all included. There's no need to go to the bannerbomb site.

Sorry for being so thick but i am following this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...uide/the-basics

and one of the links there is Bannerbomb for 4.2

iamwally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys & gals! Have a question not sure if it has anything to do with "simplistic mod method" per say but maybe someone here knows the answer. I used to be able to use 223 mload or 222 mload with configurable usb loader to load some of the "Hero" games and now when I try it gives me some eroor that ehcmodule is no longer included to use external ehcmodule. I am not sure what this means. Maybe someone here has an idea? I did try to search a bit before asking but I did not find anything that helped me.

Thanks,

iamwally

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Run GP DOP-IOS MOD
Press A to continue.
Go down to select Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
Keep pressing A until it takes you back to the IOS selection screen.
Choose IOS36 to start a stub removal process.

And again it's updated with a "GP DOP-IOS MOD"

So if I choose IOS36 to start the "stub removal process", does this step include the downgrading of IOS15, patching of IOS36 to trucha & restoring IOS15? This step only gives people the impression that it only removes stub IOSes.
Also, if I want to install IOSes offline using GP, do I just copy the required wads to the root of the SD?

iVizard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! I accidently deleted the IOS70-64-v6687.wad file...What do I do, I'm sorry i'm such a noob.... =((

Posts merged

nvm just re extracted....hehe...

Donkey Punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A huge thanks to longtom1 who helped me complete the softmod with this guide. It really is appreciated. Virtual beer.
grog.gif

JuiceX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just did every steps on guide,installed cIOSCorp 3.6. I put in Call of duty 3 back up worked, but later I put in my orinigal real new super mario bros, it says I need to update~~ but my firmware is 4.2u already.......how do I fix this? I got the same problem to my original dead space game as well. help plz T__T

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JuiceX said:
Hi, I just did every steps on guide,installed cIOSCorp 3.6. I put in Call of duty 3 back up worked, but later I put in my orinigal real new super mario bros, it says I need to update~~ but my firmware is 4.2u already.......how do I fix this? I got the same problem to my original dead space game as well. help plz T__T

Use StartPatch to install the "Block Disc Updates" Hack.

Ashura32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Used the guide to softmod my black Wii and noticed that the Shopping Channel has an update. Can I update it with the latest shop channel wad from NUS downloader with WadManager?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ashura32 said:
Used the guide to softmod my black Wii and noticed that the Shopping Channel has an update. Can I update it with the latest shop channel wad from NUS downloader with WadManager?
if your modding it in this guide,just update it through that,but if you want the Shop Channel only,get WiiSCU
alternatively yes you can do that

JuiceX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
User423 said:
JuiceX said:

Hi, ty for ur reply, I download starpatch, now I am on the installing menu, it is asking me to select ios to install starpatch, which ios number should I put in? default is 249. ty

JuiceX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JuiceX said:
User423 said:
JuiceX said:

Hi, ty for ur reply, I download starpatch, now I am on the installing menu, it is asking me to select ios to install starpatch, which ios number should I put in? default is 249. ty

never mind all these, I got it..........just 1 more question.... I think my wii run games slower now.....is there a reason...?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JuiceX said:
JuiceX said:
User423 said:
JuiceX said:

never mind all these, I got it..........just 1 more question.... I think my wii run games slower now.....is there a reason...?

Disc games ? Or usb ? If disc games, it's because they can only run on 3x speed, while originals run at 6x speed.
Usb-loading should load even faster than orginals, so it's a good idea to invest in an usb-drive
smile.gif

X1pheR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there. I want to use this guide but don't know if I have to do anything first in my situation. I have a Wii on 4.0E fully softmodded with cioscorp v1, priiloader v0.2, mios and latest cioses from waninkoko (rev16) and hermes (rev4) installed.

Can anybody help me out pointing out what to do first (if anything) before starting this guide. or maybe skipping parts of the guide. At the end I want to be at 4.2E fully softmodded again
smile.gif
  • Somebody said first to uninstall cioscorp. I downloaded the cioscorp 3.6 uninstaller but looking at the contained wads it also contains IOS60 which (since I have 4.0E) is currently patched. Wouldn't this brick my wii if it would install the original again?
  • Also since I already have Priiloader installed I have read stories where this would cause bricks when updating the system menu. Since it is going to be run on IOS70 with 4.2 and I am currently on IOS60 with 4.0 and also Priiloader loads from IOS60 I just want to be careful not to brick my wii...
Thank you in advance for any guidance.
For information, below is the history of what I have done to my Wii
wink.gif

CODE
####
- Installed FlatMii modchip for streaming GCN & Wii games through USB
- Updated System Menu v3.4E to v4.0E officially through Nintendo

#### Followed tutorial for softmod on virgin 4.0
- Used BannerBomb method which loads LoadMii v0.3
- Executed DowngraderIOS35.dol (only 1st option for IOS35 downgrade)
- Ran IOS35.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS249)
- Ran CIOSv7.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS35)
- Ran IOS36.wad & HBC.wad using Wad Manager v1.4 (Started using IOS249)
- Reboot
- Ran IOS60.wad through HBC with Wad Manager v1.4
- Ran Cios rev10 Installer (Network Install) through HBC
- Ran IOS Downgrader v1 through HBC to remove Trucha

#### Followed tutorial for running usb backup loader and games through disc channel
- Ran cIOS Downgrader v1.2
- Installed Preloader v0.29
- Ran cIOSCORP Installer v1.0 by Djarid (Including CIOS60BUFIX.wad)
- Ran cMIOS Installer v0.3 by Djarid

####
- Installed USB Loader GX
- Installed USB Loader GX forwarder dol in Preloader v0.29
- Installed cIOS rev 14 by Waninkoko
- Installed Hermes cIOS222 223 installer 3.0 (rev4)
# Got GDI Exception on first CIOS222 try. After reboot again and went fine.
Used IOS249 to load.
# cIOS222. as 38 merged 37.
# cIOS223. as 38.
# IOS202. as 38 merged 60.
- Installed cIOS rev 16 by Waninkoko
- Installed BootMii (public beta 5) with HackMii Installer v0.6
# Created NAND backup to SD (in 8 minutes)
NAND ID: addc1095
Saved keys for console 04a927ed
Factory bad block marker at block 2075
Verify succeeded!
- Installed Priiloader v0.2 rev30
- Updated to Priiloader v0.2 rev46

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o