Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

dailyplanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to do it without any problems. How do I know that I installed it just fine?
I don't know what to do after this. I really want to try the usb loader thing but all I have is a usb pen drive.

my thanks to xzxero, he did a wonderful job making this guide. my thanks also to the coders who made this possible.

croson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is spot on, I have used it for a few wii's but never installed the priiloader which is the final step. Aside from preventing amy disc updates are there any other downsides to not installing it?

Do you guys recommend it or ??

Thanks

by the way if I ever wanted to make a Virgin wii out of one of the modded ones what would the easiest way be? Can I just go to nins site and do an update? or can I use the format option in the wii settings?

dailyplanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I did bump into something.

I was about to do the NAND backup but the message screen says I don't have enough space left (around 183mb), but in fact there is still 1.5gb+ free space. I ended up skipping that part.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raphzthename said:
Thanks tj, it is inserted into the Wii. Should I try a reinstall? I see a bootmii folder at the root of my SD card with these files inside: armboot.bin, bootmii, ppcboot.elf. Still does not start when the Wii is started.
Bootmii won't show up at start unless the prepared SD card is in and it must be installed as Boot2 (IOS won't work)
Try running the hackmii installer and see if it can install bootmii as boot2

Kon_E3 said:
I cleared out my spam folder, gonna email him again or can someone send it to me?
PM'd

dailyplanet said:
Managed to do it without any problems. How do I know that I installed it just fine?
I don't know what to do after this. I really want to try the usb loader thing but all I have is a usb pen drive.

my thanks to xzxero, he did a wonderful job making this guide. my thanks also to the coders who made this possible.
If you followed the guide, you shouldv'e installed a cIOS. You use signcheck to see what IOS you have, it should state IOS249 v14 (or15)

QUOTE(croson @ Dec 21 2009, 07:22 PM) The guide is spot on, I have used it for a few wii's but never installed the priiloader which is the final step. Aside from preventing amy disc updates are there any other downsides to not installing it?

Do you guys recommend it or ??

Thanks

by the way if I ever wanted to make a Virgin wii out of one of the modded ones what would the easiest way be? Can I just go to nins site and do an update? or can I use the format option in the wii settings?
Preloader can give you additional brick protection and is definitely recommended if you don't have Bootmii as Boot2 installed.
The hacks are a bonus
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(dailyplanet @ Dec 21 2009, 08:15 PM)
Wait, I DO bumped did bump into something.

I was about to do the NAND backup but the message screen says I don't have enough space left (around 183mb), but in fact there is still 1.5gb+ free space. I ended up skipping that part.
Since you had 1.5 GB free on the SD card, is it an SDHC card? Or just a 2GB normal SD?
Either way, you can live without backup, but its of course very handy to have one.

If its an SDHC card (+4GB), try again with a normal SD card
If its a normal card, make a backup of its contents and reformat it to FAT. Then put the files back on and try again

GwiLo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great tutorial!!!

I have had success modding over 10 wiis with your guide. I however have a question about reversing the softmod.

My friends system has been getting fuzzy vertical lines on his screen when playing games on disk (burned and original). I have read into it further and found out that it is most likely his video card crapping out.

Is there a way to reverse the softmod in order to send the system in for service with Nintendo? Can I just delete homebrew and all of my Wad games? Do the even care (warranty)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CyberKronos

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi im having a problem after just following this guide, im getting the error #001, unauthorized device was found or something. all my burn games from b4 are not working now, and they worked then. can anyone help?
thanks

Blaroko

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello to the Board!

I have e-mailed [email protected] 3 times but no reply ever came.
Do I have to include something on the mail?

Thank you

Edit:
I tried mailing from another of my emails accounts and I got the reply.
Thanks.

lereb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i have a modded wii 4.1 e and i didn't install the preloader what i have to do to install it? can i update modded wii from 4.1 to 4.2 without problems ? please help me !

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kon_E3 said:
Great it worked, now how do I run games off an SD card or a USB
If you mean normal (wii) games, you need a usb loader
if you mean VC/WiiWare, you need Triiforce

GwiLo said:
Great tutorial!!!

I have had success modding over 10 wiis with your guide. I however have a question about reversing the softmod.

My friends system has been getting fuzzy vertical lines on his screen when playing games on disk (burned and original). I have read into it further and found out that it is most likely his video card crapping out.

Is there a way to reverse the softmod in order to send the system in for service with Nintendo? Can I just delete homebrew and all of my Wad games? Do the even care (warranty)???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
There are many revirginizing guides. For example mine

Zulithe said:
Hi,

I've e-mailed [email protected] but no links ever came. Is something wrong? I checked my spam folder.
The system isn't always perfect it seems
I'll PM you the links

QUOTE(CyberKronos @ Dec 22 2009, 07:53 AM) Hi im having a problem after just following this guide, im getting the error #001, unauthorized device was found or something. all my burn games from b4 are not working now, and they worked then. can anyone help?
thanks
You probably installed cIOS rev15, while it stated to install rev14 if you use disc loaders
Just install rev14 and it will overwrite rev15

QUOTE(lereb @ Dec 22 2009, 12:55 PM)
i have a modded wii 4.1e and i didn't install the preloader what i have to do to install it? can i update modded wii from 4.1 to 4.2 without problems ? please help me !
All you need for preloader is a patched IOS (which you have if you followed the steps with trucha bug restorer). Just run its installer.
You can update to 4.2, but I wouldn't recommend that as it will remove some of your hacks

textads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

So, I was able to hack my wii on 4.2U. However, now I lost my home screen. I am getting the white Priiloader screen always. When I click on System Menu, it brings me back to Priiloader. There are pretty much no way I can go back to my previous wii menu.

Does anyone know any fix for that. I will extremely appreciate it.

Thanx

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for this excellent guide! My NSMB was giving the black screen AP error, so I softmodded it. Using NeoGamma, I launched NSMB, but still gave me the black AP screen after 1 level. Should I physically remove the modchip (WiiKey 1) or am I doing something wrong?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
textads said:
Hi

So, I was able to hack my wii on 4.2U. However, now I lost my home screen. I am getting the white Priiloader screen always. When I click on System Menu, it brings me back to Priiloader. There are pretty much no way I can go back to my previous wii menu.

Does anyone know any fix for that. I will extremely appreciate it.

Thanx
Go to the priiloader settings and make it autoboot the system menu (instead of priiloader)

QUOTE(Arfman @ Dec 22 2009, 01:41 PM) Thanks for this excellent guide! My NSMB was giving the black screen AP error, so I softmodded it. Using NeoGamma, I launched NSMB, but still gave me the black AP screen after 1 level. Should I physically remove the modchip (WiiKey 1) or am I doing something wrong?
Does it give an error number or anything?
Be sure to use cIOS rev14 and the newest version of NeoGamma (R8 or 7)

buddyweiser78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it worked for me but i cant play copies of back ups burned dvd-r with verbatim using imgburn at 4x. wont read any disc(will it show up in the disc channel?) the dvdx doesnt show up in the HBC channel and i cant load boot mii from anywhere. installed neo gamma and usb loadergx and those work fine with 400gb hd. wii was a 3.4 or .2 dont remember then i did official upgrade to 4.2u. and followed the guide. what next?

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
buddyweiser78 said:
it worked for me but i cant play copies of back ups burned dvd-r with verbatim using imgburn at 4x. wont read any disc(will it show up in the disc channel?) the dvdx doesnt show up in the HBC channel and i cant load boot mii from anywhere. installed neo gamma and usb loadergx and those work fine with 400gb hd. wii was a 3.4 or .2 dont remember then i did official upgrade to 4.2u. and followed the guide. what next?
try to burn your dvd with 2,4x or 3x. i never burn with more than 3x, maybe this help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay