DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
DarkBahamut7 said:
I have decided against moding my Wii because It's the only one I have and even though the chances are very slim,
I'm just afraid that I may someday run into a brick. So, I'm just going to wait till I get another Wii some day.
Thank you all once again for your help, the tutorials are great and easy to follow.
Too bad. You're gonna be missing out.

I know, but if my Wii breaks then I will really be missing out XD

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarkBahamut7 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
DarkBahamut7 said:
I have decided against moding my Wii because It's the only one I have and even though the chances are very slim,
I'm just afraid that I may someday run into a brick. So, I'm just going to wait till I get another Wii some day.
Thank you all once again for your help, the tutorials are great and easy to follow.
Too bad. You're gonna be missing out.

I know, but if my Wii breaks then I will really be missing out XD
well they ( Nintendo ) took 9 days to sent me a new one , if something goes wrong just think that ur Wii is on 2 weeks vacation.... LOL, im going to try again just one point is freaking me out , and if i screw up my wife gonna kill me

DarkBahamut7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclear said:
well they ( Nintendo ) took 9 days to sent me a new one , if something goes wrong just think that ur Wii is on 2 weeks vacation.... LOL, im going to try again just one point is freaking me out , and if i screw up my wife gonna kill me

Will Nintendo send replacements out? I don't think my Wii is under the factory warenty anymore and won't they know it was hacked? o.O

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkBahamut7 said:
theclear said:

Will Nintendo send replacements out? I don't think my Wii is under the factory warenty anymore and won't they know it was hacked? o.O
for like $90 if your out of warranty
better than $200 for a new one

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
wacko.gif
griffinf said:
have 1 Q&A on the 2nd part of (Restoring the Trucha Bug) when you have load ios15 and press a how long do you have to wait till it says press 1 because it went to a screen and it says exception, stack dump, code dump. am i in the right screen i did everything like you said could you help thanks

Code dumps are no problem. Generally continuosly trying to do that step will make it work. I had to try 3 times before it finally worked for me. Just make sure you don't skip the step lol too many noobs skip steps and then complain that it doesnt work.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
longtom1 said:
why don't they just make a universal hacks.ini for download from wiibrew for all regions and firmwares as it would stop all noobs asking for different versions of the hacks.ini
cuz crediar will delete it, ive tried before
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(tommitek @ Nov 24 2009, 11:18 AM) again, can i ask. what are the benefits of having 4.2 over 4.1?

do i need 4.2 to play some of the newer games or something?

if there is no benefit to it then perhaps its best if i go back to 4.1 so that preloader can enable region free wii games and region free channels

is there no way i can use preloader .29 on a 4.2 machine, thus enabling the hacks for region free i am after? or am i just starting to mash things up now?
just region free loading wii games from the disc channel using a modchip or cIOSCorp.

no as ive said before, 4.2 has no region free hacks, get it through your dome.
if you want it, downgrade to 4.1

so, again can i ask. is there any benefits to updating to 4.2 firmware. is it necessary to play newer games or something?????

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys , im updating rigth now , but on first step i dont see this option = Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled = just goes straight to = Press A to open from SD slot ,,, can i go further????

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
theclear said:
theclear said:
Hi guys , im updating rigth now , but on first step i dont see this option = Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled = just goes straight to = Press A to open from SD slot ,,, can i go further????
Someone PLEASEEE

Don't worry. Just keep going.

P.S. You don't see the NAND emulator option just because your system has no IOS249 (or with IOS249 version lower than v14) yet.

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
theclear said:
theclear said:
Someone PLEASEEE

P.S. You don't see the NAND emulator option just because your system has no IOS249 (or with IOS249 version lower than v14) yet.
Thanxxx man, i backing up my Nand now... thanxx again

griffinf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
wacko.gif
griffinf said:
have 1 Q&A on the 2nd part of (Restoring the Trucha Bug) when you have load ios15 and press a how long do you have to wait till it says press 1 because it went to a screen and it says exception, stack dump, code dump. am i in the right screen i did everything like you said could you help thanks

Code dumps are no problem. Generally continuosly trying to do that step will make it work. I had to try 3 times before it finally worked for me. Just make sure you don't skip the step lol too many noobs skip steps and then complain that it doesnt work.

ok so kept going now everything works just fine just have to put cios on the wii now thanks all

griffinf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i just did the cios and works but when it wont read super hero squad but my other games worked. Ill try later on today with band hero and let you know if it worked

suxmukka

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also need update.zip + modify.zip
can somebody help me, please ?
I have to install the software within this afternoon , 'cause the wii console is a birthday present (and the birthday is tomorrow !)
I also emailed simplisticmod, but...(still waitin')
Thanks to all of you
have a nice day
[email protected]

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
theclear said:
theclear said:
Someone PLEASEEE

ahhh, wondered about that myself when i did the mod.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
suxmukka said:
I also need update.zip + modify.zip
can somebody help me, please ?
I have to install the software within this afternoon , 'cause the wii console is a birthday present (and the birthday is tomorrow !)
I also emailed simplisticmod, but...(still waitin')
Thanks to all of you
have a nice day
[email protected]

Which region is your Wii ?

jazzc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I was trying to hack my wii through another guide (Deviyl's guide in this site), but I think it's not completely done there was some errors I managed to get rid of them but I think there is something still not complete yet, because ( I have a NTSC Wii US version ) when tried to put my friends PAL Wii Sports Disc in it won't play. I like to hack my Wii through this guide. And I have a question if anyone mind to answer, now my Wii is partly hacked, but can I start over again with this guide? or can I format my Wii and will it be virgin Wii again somehow ( maybe the "Format Wii System Memory" thing in the Wii Settings work? ) and if the formating doesn't work, should I start over from this guide's beginning will it make any difference?
Looking for quick answers,
Thanks in advance..

spiritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Heya guys,
I have done the tutorial for a friend's wii, the only step I didn't follow through was:

Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

I have restored the IOS 15 AFTER the:

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad
Press home to exit.

The wii works fine, but it still doesn't read backups,
any idea what can be done? or is it one of the stubborn d3-2 ones?

btw I didn't install the preloader....

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
spiritos said:
Heya guys,
I have done the tutorial for a friend's wii, the only step I didn't follow through was:

Then press A on install patched IOS36.

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

I have restored the IOS 15 AFTER the:

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run WAD Manager 1.5
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install IOS70-v6687.wad
Install IOS202-v4.wad
Install IOS222-v4.wad
Install IOS223-v4.wad
Install IOS249-v14.wad
Install IOS250-v65535.wad
Press home to exit.

The wii works fine, but it still doesn't read backups,
any idea what can be done? or is it one of the stubborn d3-2 ones?
its possible . i also cant read backups at all , no matter how i burn then, u can check your drive here by putting ur serial on there then u know which one u have. Or, maybe u just have to burn with another speed , 2,4x , or use another type of discs

theclear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GOT IT , i successfully flashed my wii . thanxx for everyone that helped me i just can get priiloader to install, i see the files in priiloader folder ,dont know what im i suposed to do ? but i keep searching for a answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo