Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

maverickagent

Trophies
XP
Country
This guide worked brilliantly thanks, though first I had to track down a way to undo the 3.4E nightmare. now im on system menu 4.2 and still rocking the homebrew channel, big thanks

canx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wow so many comments didnt have time to read hehe anyways i just wanted to say that my wii is sold

this has nothing to do with the subject
biggrin.gif

0chaos0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:

Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
NAND Permissions YES

After doing that part under Modify 4.2.
It flipped my homebrew channel upside down.
I thought maybe if I continued on and performed the rest of the steps after that in this section.
It might fix it, but atlas it did not.

Any idea what might have caused this?

bearnar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!

Is this the best way to get your wii up to date "in the mod-game" ? I do have an Wiikey v1 that is on 3.2, but I want a "clean" upgrade to the latest greatest, is this the way to go?
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
muddog23 said:
Can anybody email the update zip? I emailed simplisticmod two days ago and no reply.
[email protected]

Posts merged

Can anybody email the update zip? I emailed simplisticmod two days ago and no reply.
[email protected]

QUOTE(nebu1911 @ Nov 13 2009, 05:45 PM) Me too please -> [email protected]

Thanks in advance for emailing to "whoever is so kind to do so" and thanks to xzxero for this great guide
It replies immediately. Check your spam.

syzergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all thanks for the guide.

I have two issues though after following this guide with a couple of wiis, and im hoping someone can help.

i modded a virgin wii using this guide and everything went perfect.

I then used this guide to update a previously modded wii, and everything went well except that preloader will not load using 70 as the IOS. It will work find using 36 though. I am not sure if this is a problem or not, but if someone could tell me if this will cause any issues (i havent really noticed anything significant yet), and/or how to get this wii to load the sysmenu from preloader 3.0 using IOS70 i would appreciate it. It comes back with an error that the sysmenu failed to load, and preloader locks up, i have to hard reset it.

cioscorp has never been loaded on the wii, and it is a bit older, LU31 s/n. The wii that is working with IOS 70 is LU64, if that makes any difference

Not sure what other relevant information i can put here, the wii was modded to sysmenu 4.0 with cios rev14 and Hermes 222 loaded previous to the upgrade.

One other small issue and i dont know if its related, on the wii that loads using IOS70, i can play all versions of rockband using my guitar hero controllers and microphone with using 222 or 223 mload from usbloader. The one that is not working with IOS70 I can only use the guitar hero controller with rockband 2 and up, although the mic will work with all of them. It would be nice to use the guitar with all versions, and since the other wii is fine, i would like to think that the issue is fixable somehow.

Ive searched a good bit already about both of these issues and seem to be unable to find any answers. For the rockband question ive used both this guide, and hermes loader trying all available variations of 222 and 223, and none have worked.

Thanks for any help given.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I missing a step or something?

Update to 4.2

QUOTE said:
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad

IOS70-64-v6687.wad is in the .zip file but System Menu-NUS-v481.wad & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad is not in there. And theres not 25 IOS files either..

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaDraGun said:
Am I missing a step or something?

Update to 4.2

QUOTE said:
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad

IOS70-64-v6687.wad is in the .zip file but System Menu-NUS-v481.wad & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad is not in there. And theres not 25 IOS files either..
It's in the modify.zip.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, Im an idiot. I Must have put the wrong set first or it didnt finish downloading before I extracted it. I see all the files now.

gerodive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey after using this 4.2 installer will I still be able to install bootmii as boot2 with a pre-LU64 wii? I know the big N's official update killed this but wondering if the installer circumvents this?

giorgosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I ran the whole procedure ok and most of the burnt on DVD games are running flawlessly.. In order to run ISO games from USB Disk, which other applications shall i install in HBC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok