Votes: 135 91.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

jpinrez

Trophies
XP
Country
i had the problem that homebrew channel got installed on ios36 did what xzxero said install clean ios61 and delete channel and now i cant install back??? can i use any other exploit??

Edit: ignore post...have done this to much times with under 4.2 and i guess im a noob all over again on 4.2 lol just if it happens to any other first of all if you use update.zip you are likely install homebrew on ios36 and upside down menu does happen to fix this you must install a clean ios60 i ran dopios_v7 for that and chose not to patch then deleted homebrew channel and to installed back you need files from modify.zip private folder and boot.elf and for those with no expirience with 4.2 the homebrew channel is no longer installed thru data managment/channels, and its done by the sd menu!!

thank you Xzxero your a legend...dow im steel am in a battle to install new preloader havent had no luck...

edit 2: ok so far got dopios v8 and got ios 70 plus patch it tried install preloader and no luck with .29 jodi or .30 gives me got root!aborting mission...
Also notice when i boot wii and sd card is inside will not boot, i get black screen and stuck first time i freakt out, i take power plug in/out take out sd power up and back on sd back in all apps a good and going but really want preloader before futher hacks or usb gaming even dow usb gameing is working!!

PLEASE HELP I WANT PRELOADER!!

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
xzxero said:
Heathcliff said:
I hacked several Wiis before and it worked just fine but I had to hack my friend's Wii and it did not work (serial number LEH25, PAL system).

I upgraded the virgin Wii to 4.2E then attempted to use bannerbomb and none of the 3 v200 bannerbombs worked.
It freezes before the prompt pops up.

I really don't know what to do knowing that I need bannerbomb to install anything.
Is my friend stuck with a 4.2E virgin Wii?

Help, please!

PS: No, I'm not a n00b or a dumb ass, bannerbomb does freeze everytime I try to run it!
my bet is you are a noob and your going to te old bannerbomb execution location.

My bad I was in a hurry and did not read carefully enough to notice the big red note on the site...

Still, stop calling me a noob... By definition a noob wouldn't have modded ANY Wii, I modded SEVERAL! This was just a lack of carefulness. So yeah call me a dumbass if you wish to but not a noob
tongue.gif

Seriously. Sorry for having wasted your time and thanks a lot for pointing me to the right direction!

ngiraldo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I have a softmoded Wii and used to run backups using Neogamma. It updated from Nintendo to version 4.2 so Neogamma stopped working. What update method should I use?
Also, I sent mail requests for update.zip, downgrade.zip but no response so far, could you please point me the right direction and the link location to the corresponding zip file?
Thank you very much for your help and super excelent work on this subject.
Nestor G

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xzxero,
I have done the moding as per the guide on but on the preloader set i get the 'aborting mission'.

So i renamed the jodi .29 file to boot.dol and put it in its own folder but when i open it it hangs after the first bit of text?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ngiraldo said:
Hello guys, I have a softmoded Wii and used to run backups using Neogamma. It updated from Nintendo to version 4.2 so Neogamma stopped working. What update method should I use?
Also, I sent mail requests for update.zip, downgrade.zip but no response so far, could you please point me the right direction and the link location to the corresponding zip file?
Thank you very much for your help and super excelent work on this subject.
Nestor G
Reread the first post and you'll see that there's been an update:

Guide & files updated November 01, 2009
Those who emailed while the files were not up yet, send an email to [email protected]

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gamecat said:
Hi xzxero,
I have done the moding as per the guide and everything went ok on but on the preloader set i get the 'aborting mission'.

So i renamed the jodi .29 file to boot.dol and put it in its own folder but when i open it it hangs after the first bit of text?

So i wiped the memory card and copied the stuff across again - this time the jodi preloader installed. But when i goto the systemmenu i get the 'system files are corrupt' message

I am on systemmenu v482 and the menu is set to load from ios70. I can get into the HBC fine. Should i be reinstalling the system menu or installing the preloader .30? or neither.

OR I have NAND backup (this time) from after the HBC was installed and as i can get into bootmii )only installed via IOS though) should i just restore the NAND back to the working state? I have read this should only be done as a last resort.

Please slap me if i am being dumb here. I am trying to search for answers to this.

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ToneEQ said:
Kazoo52 said:
thanks xzxero... this guide worked flawlessly for me
smile.gif
I read a little bit about being able to load wads from sd card thru the system menu. How does one accomplish this? I have a couple of wads on my sd card in a "WAD" folder, but the sd card menu doesn't recognize them. any help?

You need to install them unsing WAD manager first, and then move them to the SD card on the system menu.

ok.. thanks. I actually already did that. I thought maybe you could boot the wad straight from SD... too bad
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jpinrez said:
i had the problem that homebrew channel got installed on ios36 did what xzxero said install clean ios61 and delete channel and now i cant install back??? can i use any other exploit??

Edit: ignore post...have done this to much times with under 4.2 and i guess im a noob all over again on 4.2 lol just if it happens to any other first of all if you use update.zip you are likely install homebrew on ios36 and upside down menu does happen to fix this you must install a clean ios60 i ran dopios_v7 for that and chose not to patch then deleted homebrew channel and to installed back you need files from modify.zip private folder and boot.elf and for those with no expirience with 4.2 the homebrew channel is no longer installed thru data managment/channels, and its done by the sd menu!!

thank you Xzxero your a legend...dow im steel am in a battle to install new preloader havent had no luck...

edit 2: ok so far got dopios v8 and got ios 70 plus patch it tried install preloader and no luck with .29 jodi or .30 gives me got root!aborting mission...
Also notice when i boot wii and sd card is inside will not boot, i get black screen and stuck first time i freakt out, i take power plug in/out take out sd power up and back on sd back in all apps a good and going but really want preloader before futher hacks or usb gaming even dow usb gameing is working!!

PLEASE HELP I WANT PRELOADER!!
do the trucha bug restorer steps again
if you get a upside preloader
update to 4.2 with the pack.

gamecat said:
QUOTE(gamecat @ Nov 2 2009, 08:40 PM) Hi xzxero,
I have done the moding as per the guide and everything went ok on but on the preloader set i get the 'aborting mission'.

So i wiped the memory card and copied the stuff across again - this time the jodi preloader installed. But when i goto the systemmenu i get the 'system files are corrupt' message

I am on systemmenu v482 and the menu is set to load from ios70. I can get into the HBC fine. Should i be reinstalling the system menu or installing the preloader .30? or neither.

OR I have NAND backup (this time) from after the HBC was installed and as i can get into bootmii )only installed via IOS though) should i just restore the NAND back to the working state? I have read this should only be done as a last resort.

Please slap me if i am being dumb here. I am trying to search for answers to this.
do not reinstall the system menu yet.
make sure you did the TBR steps correctly
the IOS7o in the modify pack should get rid of the corruupt error.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1. Is the IOS222 wad based IOS38 ?

2. Is the IOS223 wad based IOS38+37 ?

3. Does the IOS70 wad support installing VC/WW to SD ?

4. For safety sake, if I first install bootmii as boot2 and then upgrade to 4.2 with your wads, will the bootmii be erased from boot2 ?

Many Thanks !
happy.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:

4. For safety sake, if I first install bootmii as boot2 and then upgrade to 4.2 with your wads, will the bootmii be erased from boot2 ?

Many Thanks !
happy.gif
1.yes
2.yea
3.yup

4.boot2 is not touched when updating to 4.2 via those wads

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
xzxero said:
TeenTin said:

Many Thanks !
happy.gif
1.yes
2.yea
3.yup

4.boot2 is not touched when updating to 4.2 via those wads

PERFECT !!!

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having trouble with metroid prime trilogy with usb loader gx ,
i have taken the iso and extracted 4 .dol files

rs5fe_p.dol
rs5mp1_p.dol
rs5mp2_p.dol
rs5mp3_p.dol

when I try to boot the game regular with CIOS 249 it boots fine but when i click on the game to start playing,
I am booted back to the wii menu .From reading some posts , they say to use .dol files .
so I extracted theese , the game calls for R3ME01.dol (when i select .dol in usb config) and nothing is on sd card
do Rename one of the files i ripped or how does this .dol thing work? What am i doing wrong ?
Thanks Bud
smile.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:

rs5fe_p.dol
rs5mp1_p.dol
rs5mp2_p.dol
rs5mp3_p.dol

when I try to boot the game regular with CIOS 249 it boots fine but when i click on the game to start playing,
I am booted back to the wii menu .From reading some posts , they say to use .dol files .
so I extracted theese , the game calls for R3ME01.dol (when i select .dol in usb config) and nothing is on sd card
do Rename one of the files i ripped or how does this .dol thing work? What am i doing wrong ?
Thanks Bud
smile.gif
from what i know
you can just choose what dol to use using the options in Wiiflow, CFG USB loader, or USB Loader GX
they have an alt dol option which check the ISO in your partition and lets you choose which one you want.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

rs5fe_p.dol
rs5mp1_p.dol
rs5mp2_p.dol
rs5mp3_p.dol

Thanks Bud
smile.gif
from what i know
you can just choose what dol to use using the options in Wiiflow, CFG USB loader, or USB Loader GX
they have an alt dol option which check the ISO in your partition and lets you choose which one you want.

I can't get the game to load with any .dol with usb loader gx , what am I doing wrong? Bud

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

rs5fe_p.dol
rs5mp1_p.dol
rs5mp2_p.dol
rs5mp3_p.dol

Thanks Bud
smile.gif
from what i know

I can't get the game to load with any .dol with usb loader gx , what am I doing wrong? Bud
have you tried using a different cIOS?

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
Budweiser said:

rs5fe_p.dol
rs5mp1_p.dol
rs5mp2_p.dol
rs5mp3_p.dol

Thanks Bud
smile.gif
from what i know

have you tried using a different cIOS?
yes tried diffrent cIOS under usb loder gx - no luck
finally got it to work under neogamma
smile.gif

just wish I did'nt have to use multiple loaders..
Thanks for the help Bud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should say 525Mbps but I doubt the extra 25Mbps matters lol