• Total voters

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you don't run usb games from the disk channel you can install another channel to run them and you can run games from any region from usb and you can update just the shop channel with a homebrew app

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that i won't use the disc channel for running games from a USB HD. But will i be able to run games from disc from the normal disc channel as i'm doing now (with my Wiikey 2) ? Even non-PAL games?

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i get to

QUOTE said:
3] Run Custom IOS38 Installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose WAD install and press A.

i get a ERROR Ret=(-1035)

how do i fix it?

i did this:

QUOTE2] Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS 222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 250 and press A to delete.
*If any IOS listed above is not there, do not worry about it and move along with the guide.

there was IOS 222 and IOS 223 and i uninstalled them and 249 was not there and 250 was not there but there was a 254 if it matters...

so how can i fix the error i got in the custom IOS installer?

i get a ERROR Ret=(-1035)

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deepbluec said:
ninjageekgamer said:
On step 4a

When i hit A to Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60, it just jams. nothing happens.

any ideas?

EDIT:

For clarity I updated my Wii to V.4.2 and was very very careful following steps 1-3. Reading everything making sure everything when threw. It's an old Wii so I installed Boot-Mii to slot-2. It's also fitted with a WiiKey (dont know the firmware). I know I don't need to soft mod but it will still be fun to do so. (trying to gain experience)

I had this same problem but on a whim, removed my wife's Gamecube memory card that she had plugged into the Wii and the installation continued. If you have a GC Memcard plugged in, try removing it.

Thank you so much. I was stuck on part 4 and was scared to skip it, but you helped me get through it.

wdsteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I get as far as trying to restore the Trucha bug.

First off it told me it couldn't find ISO15-64-v523.wad.out.wad so I made a copy of ISO15-64-v523.wad on the SD card & renamed it. Now it goes further but gives 3 hashcode errors before failing.

I am a total newbie here - what could I be doing wrong?

Steve

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 4.0U wii and installed the 4.2 method, all the steps worked but my wii settings is still with 4.0U.
What should I do?

tks

Kngdmhertzfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay im sorry but i have done steps 1-6 for the 4.2U homebrew hack.
Im having a problem with preloader though.
"7] [optional] Run Preloader to enable system menu hacks.
Run Preloader .30 to install preloader onto your system
*If the latest version of preloader is not included [revision 3 included in the email], you get it from the phpgeek's thread
Enable desired hacks and go into the settings and make sure the system menu is set to load with IOS70
*The hacks.ini file is located at the apps\preloaderv0.30r3-phpgeek folder"

When i press Plus to run it says "unable to read ticket, aborting mission..." How do i fix this?

Any help is appreciated! thanks!

EDIT:

NVM i resolved the problem. Had to download preloader .29 then update it to .30

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibds said:
I have a 4.0U wii and installed the 4.2 method, all the steps worked but my wii settings is still with 4.0U.
What should I do?

tks
the 4.2 method doesn't mean that it puts you on version 4.2, it means that you should use it if you are on 4.2 already. I guess there is no harm but you should used the 4.1 and below.

ibds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bdr9 said:
ibds said:
What should I do?

tks
the 4.2 method doesn't mean that it puts you on version 4.2, it means that you should use it if you are on 4.2 already. I guess there is no harm but you should used the 4.1 and below.

I want to use the wii shop channel, but the wii asks to update it. So:

- I need to update to 4.1, update by nintendo to be on 4.2 and then run the 4.2 method?
- or I just need to run the 4.1 then the 4.2 method?
- or there's no way yet to update to 4.2 on my wii and i must keep it on 4.1?

Thks again

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have modded Wiis before and when I ran BootMii only nand.bin was put on the SD card.

Now I just did a backup for a LU65 and BootMii now put on 2 files on the SD:

keys.bin
nand.bin

I did some research and everyone says all BootMii installations should have this but all the Wiis I have done in the past never had the keys. What does this mean?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
not 100% on this, but pretty sure old versions of bootmii didn't save keys.bin, just the nand.bin (whose last 1024 bits are actually the keys.bin). So if u made a backup using a version of bootmii that came before hackmii v0.3, you wouldn't have the keys.bin file. To get it, create another nand backup using the latest version of bootmii, and it will make a new nand.bin and keys.bin (note that the keys.bin will be the same with each backup u make as long as its for the same wii)

PRican25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a wii from a friend that had 4.1 and the latest versions of homebrew channel, bootmii as an IOS, and cioscorp 3.3 but he has updated his wii to 4.2 by nintendo's update. I'm trying to follow the tut here but I keep getting an error with trucha restorer IOS15 downgrade and following the faq said to skip to to install cIOS38 but that also gives me error 1035. what should I do to fix this problem?

funkymunnies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibds said:
bdr9 said:
ibds said:
What should I do?

tks

I want to use the wii shop channel, but the wii asks to update it. So:

- I need to update to 4.1, update by nintendo to be on 4.2 and then run the 4.2 method?
- or I just need to run the 4.1 then the 4.2 method?
- or there's no way yet to update to 4.2 on my wii and i must keep it on 4.1?

Thks again

Same with me, I'd like to get on the Wii Shop Channel but I'm on 4.1 with Homebrew. What do i do to upgrade and keep all my stuff?

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help after softmodding 3 wiis all of them go into a backup and freeze and i have to hold power button...

is it my backup launcher? r7.wad , r3.wad, r4.wad

or i need ioses or something??

if im missing ioses can i know where to get them from?

marcosh_faria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii has DriveKey. Is safe to use this method on it?
blink.gif

ndnprince23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get like a freeze screen saying "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" followed by a bunch of numbers

then "Stack Dump" followed by numbers and arrows "-->"

then "Code Dump:" followed by a bunch of numbers

this is when i load a rom with Wii64 also last night when i finished modding i tried to play a dvd with mplayer or something like that(i removed it) i got the same error

i have to restart each time

PLEASE HELP!!

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP!!! I need major help here.

Background history:

Was on 4.1
Had cIOScorp
Used DOP-IOS to get clean IOS30 to 1040 (in order to do hackmii installerlater)
Updated via Nintendo to 4.2
Installed DVDx, Bootmii as IOS, and HBC

So here's my problem. I followed the guide perfectly up until I had to run the AnyTitle Deleter and cIOS installer.

I was deleting my titles when I found an error, I tried to delete 250 but it said something like "Error= -106". It still deleted the title, so I didn't think much. Also, 249 was nowhere to be found, but like guide said, if it's not there don't worry aboot it.

Now where the main problem is when I try to do step 3.] Run Any Title Deleter DB

I follow the steps perfectly but it says "Installing custom IOS, please wait ... >> Install ERROR! (Ret = -1035)"

What does this mean!? I hacked another Wii last week (which was completely virgin) using the same guide and everything went fine, what's wrong with my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...