Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

blesbok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to run cios 38 installer it gets a 1035 error. I have followed all the other steps correctly multiple times and still haven't had any luck. Could someone please give me some input on how to fix this?

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Preloader 0.29, updated to 0.30, then restarted my Wii, and now it fucking tells me my system files are CORRUPTED?

>_<

EDIT: I was able to get to Preloader by holding the reset button. I prolly messed with some settings that made the System Menu all screwy.

EDIT2: I reinstalled the Patched IOS70 with WAD Manager, then used a third party mod of Preloader.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i run this i can never find 249 listed in dop -ios at tis point > 3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
* if it asking to install IOS36, then press B to go back to the IOS selection screen.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

although i cant find 249 my 60 and 61 arnt present is this because the system is 3.4 ,i can still complete the tut and have a fully working wii by just adding the newest ios 60 and 61 one with hash one without , will this affect the wii in any way doing this (this is 3rd wii i have treid all below 3.4 an none come up with 249 unless im reading this wrong . any info would be great

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Budweiser said:
Budweiser said:
xzxero said:
the instruments need Hermes cIOS merged with IOS37 to function correctly and is IOS223 if you followed the guide

Please what do I need to do to rectify this problem ?

I don't have IOS37 ...
Thank You very Much for your time........Bud

Ok I just followed the guide and updated from 4.1 to 4.2
and i can only get rockband Beatles to load from IOS249 ,I also have tried IOS222 and IOS223 but the game does not load with the usb loader gx.... I followed the guide to a "T" and had no issues ..
Any Ideas ? BUD

Edit :
Rockband 2 works perfect with 223 and all instruments ..but the beatles rockband wont load

Any Ideas?

2nd EDIT: got it all figured out
smile.gif
thanks guys .......Bud
Just curious but what did you end up doing to get it working?

Rockband 2 works with IOS223 perfectly (from guide 4.2) using usb loader gx
beatles would not load on IOS222, IOS223 (only on IOS249 -no sync)
so i tried u loader worked perfectly with IOS223
smile.gif

all instruments work on both games ...Bud

MDMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, would you foresee any problems in installing dvdx and bootmii AFTER having installed HBC and preloader? bootmii shouldn't be a problem but I'm afraid dvdx would conflict with any cIOS already installed on the Wii. Any thoughts?
Thanks

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modded alot of Wii's using various means... I have an outta the box LU65 S/N Wii with a 4.2U system Menu.

I have e-mailed and acquired the 4.2 newmod rar. Unzipped it and put the files on an SD card, goto Channels and then SD and it freezes...

Any ideas?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaKillerKlown said:
I have modded alot of Wii's using various means... I have an outta the box LU65 S/N Wii with a 4.2U system Menu.

I have e-mailed and acquired the 4.2 newmod rar. Unzipped it and put the files on an SD card, goto Channels and then SD and it freezes...

Any ideas?
your going to the wrong spot fool.
read.

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... I am officially a dumbass... I am so used to modding from the Channel Management Screen and clicking SD.... I am a shame to us all.
wink.gif
Thanks for the help. All is well now.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThaKillerKlown said:
Alright... I am officially a dumbass... I am so used to modding from the Channel Management Screen and clicking SD.... I am a shame to us all.
wink.gif
Thanks for the help. All is well now.
no worries, common mistake.
at least youll read from now on and not run into any more problems hopefully.

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxeros you miss understood my last post when i said i had a friend pay... i had him pay for a warrenty....

if his wii broke during the proccess i owe him my wii which was $5, that has nothing to do with hacking his wii for money its only a warrenty for my wii...

i know its not allowed to sell the hack but its allowed on the warrenty....

marnold013

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this question should go to Noob Paradise, but I posted it there a couple days ago and no one responded so I thought I would try my luck here.
Thanks!

Hello, I am brand new to this stuff and had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. Once I softmod my wii, how much upkeep is there to keeping it current? Is it something I have to update every week or a couple times a month or is it pretty much do it once then don't have to worry about it anymore?

2. Do more games work on DVD backups or a hard drive by USB? I've got a old 60 gb hard drive that I'm not using so I could use that if it was a better option than DVD's.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marnold013 said:
I know this question should go to Noob Paradise, but I posted it there a couple days ago and no one responded so I thought I would try my luck here.
Thanks!

Hello, I am brand new to this stuff and had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. Once I softmod my wii, how much upkeep is there to keeping it current? Is it something I have to update every week or a couple times a month or is it pretty much do it once then don't have to worry about it anymore?

2. Do more games work on DVD backups or a hard drive by USB? I've got a old 60 gb hard drive that I'm not using so I could use that if it was a better option than DVD's.

1) really not a whole lot. as stuff gets updated, you just check this forum to see what's safe and what's not. if you never update your system menu, then you can pretty much one and done aside from any new games that require new cIOS

2) Depending on what software you use, dvd backups might have slightly better compatibility but many need to be patched. USB loading is much safer IMO because no extra hacks are needed to block disc updates and no burning is required.

Yacht

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, long-time lurker, first time poster here.
I followed the 4.2 pre-softmodded 'virgin' guide and it worked without a hitch, just wanna say thanks for that. The only problem is that I keep running into a couple of problems.
No matter what I do, I cannot install any revision of USB Loader GX. I always get ret = -1035 (Which is odd because I can install all sorts of wads with absolutely no problem, not to mention I used to have USB Loader GX installed but decided to remove it and get a lower revision) And so far, no luck with a dol, just blank screens. ):
I'm running out of ideas and was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem.

Thanks again for the wonderful guide, and a big thanks to the helpful community. Keep up the good work.

wiihacker3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have got to step
4a] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.

so i ran in and at 0000000000d it froze and i waited atleast 10 min......

then i held power button for 5 seconds and wii is back on

my question is do i do that step again or continue?

Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60.

refpclem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a 4.2u wii that was already softmod and my kid did something and nothing is working now.i'm doing everything that is right on the method but when i arrived rename the bootmii folder en then back to thc nothing is loding from the sd card please help.don't see the trucha bug restorer.

Melot

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:

3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
* if it asking to install IOS36, then press B to go back to the IOS selection screen.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

I got a small problem. Dop-IOS MOD asked me to install IOS36 so instead I did as told and installed IOS60 with Sig Hash Check. Then I was going to do install IOS61 without the check. Now something went wrong and I got al load of scrambled text. Think it said that it couldn't find IOS61 before it crashed. Also, I cant start Dop-IOS MOD anymore. System menu and HBC works fine. I got a 3.3E Wii.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Solved it. All the other files for IOS61.wad in the 00000001/0000003D/v5405 folder are missing. Downloaded them through NUSD and put them in the right place - works like a charm. Great guide!
smile.gif

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a european Wii with a Wiikey 2 and 4.1E (with HBC installed). My laser is having problems reading some DVD-R so i'm thinking about using this guide to get the USB-loader. But will i able to run copied games (even non PAL games?) from the disc channel as usual after i softmodded it? And will i be able to use the shop channel ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I thought dbz abridged ended at the cell saga