• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

andybi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First thanks for the guide, it all works perfectly, except 1 small thing: I have a 3.3E PAL Wii and I used the 3.x method in your guide. After step 1c I started getting the HBC screen reversed (bottom up) and I am not able to update to the new version via wifi (I think I have version 1.05 now). Everything else is ok though.
How can I fix this?
Many thanks!

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andybi said:
First thanks for the guide, it all works perfectly, except 1 small thing: I have a 3.3E PAL Wii and I used the 3.x method in your guide. After step 1c I started getting the HBC screen reversed (bottom up) and I am not able to update to the new version via wifi (I think I have version 1.05 now). Everything else is ok though.
How can I fix this?
Many thanks!

you could try wii scu ad ios61 -trucha worked for me

shadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
shadster said:
Seriously!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Oh man!!! Is that the only way?
most likely. the wii's doesnt like dvd+r's

Alright I got dvd-r's now I have a new problem. My Gamecube backup launcher .2 is playing in black and white with some strange screen error that it takes like 1/6 of the screen away
Plus the fact that 1 of my games has no voice audio, the sfx plays fine. Can anyone help?

gizmoguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi having the same problem as below at step 1b, turned power off , used i different card but still getting dsi error.
my situation is slightly different though.
Friends wii that was previously on 3.2e with gamma channel installed, he upgraded to 4.2 by mistake.
I have used this guide many times before for other friends without problems, but this is the first time i have done the 4.2 method.
How do i get past this error, is the previous mod causing a conflict?
Thought the ninty update would of overwritten the previous mod, or is there stuff left over.
Oh forgot to say i also have bootmii as boot 2, unlike the problem below.

stylesxp said:
Thanks for the great tut. Can't believe I messed up somehow...

I currently have the following error on the screen: "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" with different codes (stack and code dumps).

Here's what I did (new virgin console):[*]Updated via Nintendo to get 4.2.[*]Extracted newmod.rar to 2GB SD card (listed as compatible card). Verified structure.[*]Followed instructions and installed Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii as IOS (boot2 was not available).[*]Created NAND backup and let it verify it.[*]Shutdown Wii, moved bootmii folder to computer, copied installer.log, keys.bin and nand.bin to computer.[*]Put SD card back in Wii, powered on, followed steps 1a to run trucha bug restorer. Pressed A a number of times until it was done. The first two times it said "load IOS from SD", something different the next few times - there were no options, something like "press A to continue...".[*]Started to follow steps 1b to run the trucha bug restorer again. For the "Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)" step, I used the left button to cycle through the different IOSs until it showed "IOS15" and then pressed A. This is where I got the error message. I didn't get to the "Wait till it says Press 1 then press it." step.I have done some google searches and have found that this error tends to come up most often with USB loaders. I was only able to find one related issue, but there was no resolution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, is it safe to power off my Wii? What steps should I take next? Hope I didn't already brick the thing.

Edit: Well, at least it doesn't appear to be bricked. I have restarted and can get back in to the trucha bug restorer. I tried step 1b again and got the same error.

Edit 2: This is resolved. I tried a number of times without luck at first. It only worked after completely unplugging the Wii and trying again (thanks xzxero). Note: I did not need to restore IOS15, as suggested later on.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When playing beatles rockband , the wii will not boot up the disk , in the usbloader gx it boots fine with 249 but the microphone is the only thing that works , machine cannot find the drums or the guitar, i tried to boot with 223 but it is the same issue . I am using rockband 2 drums and guitars ... Any Ideas what I could do ?..Thanks Again Bud...

Edit , I tried to reinstall 223 with cIOS38_rev 14 installer but still no luck ,
plus i still cant get the original cd to boot with the wii ...
Thaks Bud

creechy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Great guide!

I've a korean wii that was region changed to US and following this guide last round I've upgraded to 4.1.

Now is it safe for me to upgrade to 4.2 ?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
creechy said:
Great guide!

I've a korean wii that was region changed to US and following this guide last round I've upgraded to 4.1.

Now is it safe for me to upgrade to 4.2 ?

just stay on 4.1 you don't need 4.2 no 1 needs 4.2. you are good!
yaynds.gif

andybi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
rookrook said:
andybi said:
How can I fix this?
Many thanks!

you could try wii scu ad ios61 -trucha worked for me

Thanks for the help, can you be more specific? (I'm new to all this!)

equate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
i Have model LU65+ with version 4.2U and I follow the exact directions and I encounter a error message. I am new at this please help? Did I missing something? Thanks

4.2 Method.

2] Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS 222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 250 and press A to delete.

Error message:

Intialing Filesystem driver...OK!
Wipping off fingerprints...
- deleting ticket file/ticket/00000001/0000000.tik...
ticket delete failed (no ticket?) -102
- deleting ticket file/ticket/00000001/0000000...
error! isfs_delete(ret = -102)

Checking system region...

pulling sysmenu tmd...error! isfs_op (ret = -102)
reading tmd failed!
error! es_opencontent (ret = -1017)

embeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i keep getting an error code 972 from a game from this recent updated guide... the wii i did it before on the game works fine but the new one it doesnt.

Anyone know the problem?

ctswoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(ctswoosh @ Oct 15 2009, 04:42 PM) *
I'm running a soft mod Wii and by mistake ran the 4.2 update. I tried following the steps above and nothing is working. When I click on the USB Loader channel to launch the games, it flashes the USB Loader logo and brings me right back to the Wii Home.

Any suggestions? Anyone know what to do if you already had a soft mod and then upgrade to 4.2??

Thanks in advance.

run the install 4.2 method your ios' were changed by the update. if you're unable to run that you can try the cIOSCORP uninstaller, this will restore all your ios to a pre'mod state.

Thanks! I was able to get everything all set. This morning I went to play Wii Sports Resort (which had been working completely fine in the past) and now it says I only have 1 game, Wii Sports Resort. All of the other 120+ games don't show up on the menu although it says my HD is half full. Anyone know how I can get access back to the rest of the games on the HD???

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah come on xzxero, don't be so lazy.
Make a unified guide that works on All Wiis and is legal. You know how to do it, so gogogo!
wink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Slowking said:
Ah come on xzxero, don't be so lazy.
Make a unified guide that works on All Wiis and is legal. You know how to do it, so gogogo!
wink.gif
Unified?
You mean that 4.2 guide an 4.1/lower guide should be combined?
huh.gif

and the guide is perfectly legal as it does not directly give illegal files

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
equate said:
Hi,
i Have model LU65+ with version 4.2U and I follow the exact directions and I encounter a error message. I am new at this please help? Did I missing something? Thanks

4.2 Method.

2] Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS 222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 250 and press A to delete.

Error message:

Intialing Filesystem driver...OK!
Wipping off fingerprints...
- deleting ticket file/ticket/00000001/0000000.tik...
ticket delete failed (no ticket?) -102
- deleting ticket file/ticket/00000001/0000000...
error! isfs_delete(ret = -102)

Checking system region...

pulling sysmenu tmd...error! isfs_op (ret = -102)
reading tmd failed!
error! es_opencontent (ret = -1017)

i know this error you got this because you only think you did step 1a,b,c correctly. go back to steps 1 and do it right.

ddelong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my noobness, just modded on friday and have had a blast playing games this weekend. Great guide! Thanks for the help getting my homebrew channel right-side up. My newest conquest is trying to play wiiware games, I searched high and low and havent found a good answer on how exactly I accomplish this. Can someone point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated. Can they be played off of hard drive? Thanks.

alexpen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My HBC is upside-down too! I got used to it...i am too bored to change it...! Well...another question...is there any GameCube iso loaders over there? i couldn't manage to find anything good! :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!