• Total voters

chaos123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some questions before updating my softmodded 4.1U wii to 4.2:
- Is updating to 4.2 via Nintendo is the very first step to start doing softmod?
- Do i need to uninstall anything before updating? (such as preloader 0.29, neogamma, channels installed via wads, cIOS)
- When copy all file in newmod.rar to SD card, do i need to reformat/delete all files or just overwrite the previous files which used for sofmodding 4.?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chaos123456 said:
- Is updating to 4.2 via Nintendo is the very first step to start doing softmod?
- Do i need to uninstall anything before updating? (such as preloader 0.29, neogamma, channels installed via wads, cIOS)
- When copy all file in newmod.rar to SD card, do i need to reformat/delete all files or just overwrite the previous files which used for sofmodding 4.?
I'd say stay on 4.1 there's no need to update at the moment as it brings no new features in 4.2

Beego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried running this on a virgin 3.4e machine just bought. I downloaded the pal 3.x - 4.1 version of the mod. Since 3.4 does not a have a SD menu I went into -> data management / channels / SD card ... But it freezes after one second there.

Its not the SD card. I used several on these on a number of Wiis.

I noticed another poster on page 6 in this thread having the same problem. Should I upgrade it via the official online method? How would you advise I proceed?

Mentallity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So! I've been following this guide down to the letter now and I think I got just about everything setup and ready now. (Preloader .30, BootMii Boot2/IOS, HBC, patched IOSes, the entire thing)

So I thought I'd try out the system and see what it's good for so I went into Preloader's Sys Menu hacks and enabled the Region Free channel and GC disc modes amongst other things. Downloaded A Link to the Past just to test and installed the WAD, bam, black screen after pusing the Start button on the channel.

Installed Gecko OS 1.9.3 - Set my options there and tried to load the channel through there.. BAM, black screen still.

Is this supposed to happen or what exactly have I done wrong so far? :s

jinky1977

Trophies
XP
Country
4a] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60.

At this step when i press A to continue after selecting IOS249 the wiimote loses sync and the wii freezes any idea using 4.2E

cloud33092

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chaos123456 said:

The update via nintendo is fast - 10mins for me o.o
4.2 patch will wipe out all your previous mods and make it into a virgin 4.2
reformat memory card before you put the files in

just finished softmodding my virgin 4.2u wii last night with this guide - all went smooth

DaMaster121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed ios70 patched and pre loader 0.29 then 0.30 and used 4.2E hacks.ini to enable some hacks, changed pre loader to boot with ios70 but when i switch on the wii, the screen stays blank and the wii remote is dead but if i hold reset to go to preloader and then select system menu, it will load up to system menu.

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to change that in the preloader settings not in the hacks.ini,

where its says

autoboot- should be set to system menu-- should auto boot to the wii system menu
Return- should be set to preloader -- hold reset when powering up to return o the preloader

bizznizz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used this guide twice on previously unmod'd 4.2u wiis. Once was bought on launch and everything is now working fine - I can run burned backups and through USB.

The other seems to be about a year old (Serial starts with LU39) and again, everything seems to work except I get read errors when trying a disc backup with Neogamma. Backups through USB work fine but I am trying to set this one to use discs. No preloader installed.

Is there any other steps I can try? Is there a way to find out which system will not play disc backups?

DaMaster121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Droskies said:

where its says

autoboot- should be set to system menu-- should auto boot to the wii system menu
Return- should be set to preloader -- hold reset when powering up to return o the preloader

done that, samething happens.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMaster121 said:
Droskies said:

where its says

done that, samething happens.

Read the preloader .30 thread you're not the only 1 with this prob.

graeme122

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey everyone i went to follow the guide and i get Hackmii installer said it could not continue, giving me the error message: "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install. Anyone know what i can do. thanks

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
graeme122 said:
hey everyone i went to follow the guide and i get Hackmii installer said it could not continue, giving me the error message: "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install. Anyone know what i can do. thanks
search the hundred's of threads about this

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude. I softmodded a wii yesterday with your guide. I smoked many(5 grams in a bong). I was so stoned(or high, but in The Netherlands we say stoned) that I deleted the IOS60 on purpose xD.

Conclusion: Don't smoke when you try to softmod your wii

Team Twiizers, you're my savior!

And I've met someone who bought a softmod guide with files O_O.

st90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
need help I have 4.2 update. I can't seem to get the bannerbomb to work it keeps freezing I read in the faq to update with system menu but I can't update any more any ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...