• Total voters

s6a6n6d6m6a6n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weeping81 said:
Update I finally got it to work!!!!....

Thanks everyone for the help....even the questions that were unrelated to mine because even those helped me understand some things....

Thanks xzxero for the faq ....very much appreciated

@Weeping81

so which one worked ? DVD-R or +R. Now that it's working after whatever you've done, i'm curious to know if you have tried running old discs (DVD+R) that you burned before, that previously didn't work.

Also, can you please let us know what did you do to fix this problem? (Since from your another post it seems that the problem may not have been the media)

Cheers!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Rise said:
I`m following this guide and and i encountered something unexpected, I`ve used the email and using modpal.rar
I`m upgrading from 3.1E to 4.1E. My wii is PAL

At this step

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
Press right until you see IOS53.
Press A to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS55.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

When i choose to install IOS 61 ( no to the sighash check) it can`find the file and tries to connect to the internet, and hangs because its not online.
Wich version am i looking for, and how do i get it on the SD card ?

Its about 30 mins ago i emailed and got the files if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Edit : Same problem as above i see

Either connect your wii to the net and let dop ios do its things, after it runs once it will save all it needs for that IOS version on your SD card, an alternative would be to use NUS downloader on your pc to download. Go to Database, then IOS, then IOS61, v5405 (or latest version is also v5405). Then hit Start NUS Download. Take note of the title ID and version. For example, the title ID for IOS61 is 000000010000003D. You must take the files you just downloaded and save them to the following directory SD:/00000001/0000003D/v5405. Now if you run DOP IOS again, it will be able to load those file from the SD card

Rise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
Rise said:
I`m following this guide and and i encountered something unexpected, I`ve used the email and using modpal.rar

At this step

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

When i choose to install IOS 61 ( no to the sighash check) it can`find the file and tries to connect to the internet, and hangs because its not online.

Its about 30 mins ago i emailed and got the files if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Either connect your wii to the net and let dop ios do its things, after it runs once it will save all it needs for that IOS version on your SD card, an alternative would be to use NUS downloader on your pc to download. Go to Database, then IOS, then IOS61, v5405 (or latest version is also v5405). Then hit Start NUS Download. Take note of the title ID and version. For example, the title ID for IOS61 is 000000010000003D. You must take the files you just downloaded and save them to the following directory SD:/00000001/0000003D/v5405. Now if you run DOP IOS again, it will be able to load those file from the SD card

Cheers
smile.gif

I`ll give at go in a few

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
Rise said:

At this step

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

Thanks

I'm also playing with this NUS program right now. I think I'm finally getting somewhere but DOP IOS MOD can't find the .wad file. ........So the NUS program will package a WAD file for any of the IOS's in the database....my questions

1. Do we need all the files this program creates or just the WAD file?
2. Which directory do we put the files in (I think you've answered it in your response above)?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
roup said:
xflak40 said:
Rise said:

At this step

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

Thanks

I'm also playing with this NUS program right now. I think I'm finally getting somewhere but DOP IOS MOD can't find the .wad file. ........So the NUS program will package a WAD file for any of the IOS's in the database....my questions

2. Which directory do we put the files in (I think you've answered it in your response above)?

You do not need to pack the wad, if you pack the wad and install it using wad manager, it won't be patched (DOP IOS does that on the fly). Why not just connect the wii to the internet? I mean, if you're reading this you obviously have access and DOP IOS will do all the leg work for you!!!

But I'll answer the NUS Q anyways. Make sure you choose the correct IOS and version that you will be using in DOP IOS. Then make sure pack wad and decrypt contents are NOT checked (if they are checked, it will still work, but many .app files and 1 .wad file will be created, taking up more space than required). Then copy the files to the appropriate directory on your SD card, see my example above

Daagar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roup said:
Daagar said:
Took the jump to go from a 3.2U twilight-hacked box to a 4.1U box with this method. Very nerve-wracking, but it all worked out just fine. The clearest instructions around since the old dj_taz guide which I used back on 3.2.

TBR did put up a warning that if I was already on 3.2, I should NOT do the downgrade of IOS15/replace IOS36/etc, because I was already correctly trucha bugged (obviously, since it was already twilight hacked). So I skipped that set of steps. I'm unclear what the impact, if any, of skipping this part is but so far everything seems to work - including things like Ghostbusters and MPlayer_CE for playing video DVDs (which were problematic before).

I'm going to try this as well. I too had the Twilight Hack on my 3.2U. What step do I pick up at ...2] Run Custom IOS38 Installer?

Correct, that's where I picked up at. However, make sure you have updated the Homebrew Channel/Bootmii and done the NAND backups first! The ONLY steps you are skipping are the steps referring to Trucha Bug Restorer. I did see that in the other guide, it says that doing TBR (even at 3.2) won't hurt - so maybe it is best to just do it anyway. Anyone that can chime in with the pros/cons of having not done it welcome... I believe it has left my IOS36 and something less than the latest revision.

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
roup said:
xflak40 said:
Rise said:

At this step

QUOTE said:
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD

Thanks

You do not need to pack the wad, if you pack the wad and install it using wad manager, it won't be patched (DOP IOS does that on the fly). Why not just connect the wii to the internet? I mean, if you're reading this you obviously have access and DOP IOS will do all the leg work for you!!!

But I'll answer the NUS Q anyways. Make sure you choose the correct IOS and version that you will be using in DOP IOS. Then make sure pack wad and decrypt contents are NOT checked (if they are checked, it will still work, but many .app files and 1 .wad file will be created, taking up more space than required). Then copy the files to the appropriate directory on your SD card, see my example above

I'll give this a shot.

PS. my house has a wired LAN so I don't use a wireless router, therefore, my wii cannot connect.

Thanks for the info...trying it now....keeping fingers crossed!!!

roup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, didn't work. I've used the NUS downloader to get latest version of IOS36. Put the directories on the SD. Use DOP IOS MOD and select IOS36 to use to install other IOS's. Yes to all the option then it fails to load 00000001-00000024 v3351.

Can I just use NUS to make the WAD file then install this WAD using WAD Manager, call it 249 then use DOP IOS to patch it?

pjmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone give me an idiots step by step on how to softmod my wii v4.2e if it can actually be done safely. i did have my wii modded on 4.1e but stupidly got a update which took me to 4.2e any help would be much appriciated thank you.

zomgitztony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put all the files on my SD card, but when i run bannerbomb this shows up
9vh6yf.jpg

"HackMii installerv0.6
This installer can NOT continue!

There is no known vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii.
Please note that we will note sue a fakesigned IOS due to security reasons."

What does this mean?!
By the way, I'm on 4.2U

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It means you have probably modified all your IOS's, so hackmii can not install to any of them. Used waninkoko's 4.2 updater by any chance?

pjmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
erikk1 said:
Uhm post 1 in this thread has a guide for how to softmod 4.2.
thank you very much for your quick response stupid me didn't go back far enough thanks again will give it a try

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zomgitztony said:
9vh6yf.jpg

"HackMii installerv0.6

What does this mean?!
By the way, I'm on 4.2U
aahahhaa you serious?

zomgitztony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i havent used the 4.2 updater
what can i do to fix this?

Posts merged

xzxero said:
zomgitztony said:
9vh6yf.jpg

"HackMii installerv0.6

What does this mean?!
By the way, I'm on 4.2U
aahahhaa you serious?

Yes...I dont know what to do...

Posts merged
xzxero said:
zomgitztony said:

QUOTE(erikk1 @ Oct 11 2009, 11:53 AM)
It means you have probably modified all your IOS's, so hackmii can not install to any of them. Used waninkoko's 4.2 updater by any chance?
so what do i do next if my IOS's are already modified?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
roup said:
OK, didn't work. I've used the NUS downloader to get latest version of IOS36. Put the directories on the SD. Use DOP IOS MOD and select IOS36 to use to install other IOS's. Yes to all the option then it fails to load 00000001-00000024 v3351.

Can I just use NUS to make the WAD file then install this WAD using WAD Manager, call it 249 then use DOP IOS to patch it?

my bad, when downloading from NUS downloader, make sure you don't pick the latest version, you have to actually choose the version you want (the only difference is the name of the tmd file, if you choose the latest version, the tmd file is named "tmd", if you actually select a version number (ie. v6687), the tmd file will be named "tmd.6687". I am assuming these tmd files are the same and you could rename tmd to tmd.6687 and it would work fine via dop ios, but avoid the whole situation by just choosing a version number instead of "latest version"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    +1
    well, sonic fans are a whole separate thing from furries
    like bronys
    sonic porn is too weird even for me
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    bruh
  • Dumpflam @ Dumpflam:
    guys how do i delete a post
    you don't
    you can report it and request deletion
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Also, no, that was his first time having a seizure, and hopefully the last
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Also, no, that was his first time having a seizure, and hopefully the last +1