Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigganum said:
Hi

Very clean and straight forward guide.
However i've run into abit of a problem.
I've followed your guide and everything went good until now.
I'm at the point where im about to install cIOS38 rev14.

The problem i'm having is that i cant navigate at all. Until this point I have been using a gamecube controller, although it doesn't work in this section it seems. I'm running at firmware 3.4E at the moment.

I can't use the wiimote due to it doesnt seem to be able to sync in HBC. I've had alot of sync problems in the past(Losing sync when starting games/channels)

Is there any way I can workaround this?
It would be greatly appriciated.

Kind regards //Big

I've struggled with this for many hours now.
Is there any optional way to install cIOS without having a wiimote plugged in?
Thanks
/Big

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigganum said:
bigganum said:
Hi

The problem i'm having is that i cant navigate at all. Until this point I have been using a gamecube controller, although it doesn't work in this section it seems. I'm running at firmware 3.4E at the moment.

I can't use the wiimote due to it doesnt seem to be able to sync in HBC. I've had alot of sync problems in the past(Losing sync when starting games/channels)

Kind regards //Big

Thanks
/Big

use a gamecube pad it works with the HBC I think

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
bigganum said:
bigganum said:
Hi

Kind regards //Big

Thanks
/Big

use a gamecube pad it works with the HBC I think

Yeah, I've been using a gamecube controller until this point, however it doesn't work with the cIOS38 rev14 installer. And I'm not able to sync the wiimote in HBC either.

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
why not go to your system menu to sync the remotes? Is your sys menu corrupted or something?

No, the system menu is working just perfectly.
I believe it's a wiimote issue. It's losing sync every time a game/channel is started and has been like that ever since I bought the wii on the release.
Hence my question if there's any other way to install cIOS without a wiimote plugged in.

Thanks /Big

EDIT: Thanks xflak40 i'll try that out. I forgot to mention, my wii is currently running on firmware 3.3E.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bigganum said:
xflak40 said:
why not go to your system menu to sync the remotes? Is your sys menu corrupted or something?

I believe it's a wiimote issue. It's losing sync every time a game/channel is started and has been like that ever since I bought the wii on the release.
Hence my question if there's any other way to install cIOS without a wiimote plugged in.

Thanks /Big
no there isnt, get a reliable wiimote.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bigganum said:
xflak40 said:

Thanks /Big

did you sync the wiimote to the wii when you first bought it then or did you just hit a button on the wiimote then it worked, because you need to press the red sync button on the wii next to the sd slot then press the red button on the wiimote to fully sync that wiimote to your wii

bigganum

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
bigganum said:
xflak40 said:

Thanks /Big

did you sync the wiimote to the wii when you first bought it then or did you just hit a button on the wiimote then it worked, because you need to press the red sync button on the wii next to the sd slot then press the red button on the wiimote to fully sync that wiimote to your wii

Yes, I've been over this a dozen times since I bought the wii. I'm positive that it is the wiimote that's malfunctioning since I have tried it on several other wii's. I've synced other remotes successfully to my console in the past.

However I don't know anyone who have one i can borrow at the moment, so I guess i'll have to buy a new one.

Thanks alot for your help though.

//Big

dsixteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsixteen said:
dsixteen said:
first i've updated my wii via Waninkoko's updater from 3.3e to 4.0e than 4.1e. than followed instructions.

it was fine till step
3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.

ios249 is not there. shall i skip this step and keep going. there is ios249 @step4

4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)

@xzxero
do you have an idea about my issue. i've skipped 3] Run Dop-IOS MOD thing and completed rest. it looks ok now.

onad0301

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey xzxero...need your help....think i screwed up... i installed a clean ios36 using wad manager and rather than picking ios249 i chose ios36..i don't knowif this is going to do something to my wii....i guess my question would be can i redo your guide for 4.1
offline..starting from 1a and on....can i re-install over what was already there

thanx onad

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, I successfully updated to an updated 4.1, but now my Disc channel isn't working. I just got Wii Fit Plus and when I tried to load it through the disc channel, it said unable to read disc, while in Wiiflow, the game had no problem installing the game. Not a huge deal, but I would like my Disc channel working. And is there any way to get rid of Preloader? I installed it by accident and now I have to go through Bootmii and preloader just to get to the system menu and it's annoying me.

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I had a problem here:

2] Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS 222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS 223 and press A to delete.

I could delete the other two but 222 and 223 weren't there.

Which meant when I go to:

6] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
Restart and install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60.

I could install 222 and do the merge but not 223.

What did I miss?

Thank you, as always
smile.gif

Weeping81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*

I have tried this updated guide numerous times in the last 24 hours....and I still just cant seem to get backups to work....(I wonder if Im doing something wrong with the Disc backups but I doubt that)

Each time I have failed to get backup discs to work I use bootmii to restore my nand and then I start all over again from the begining....

At the title Deleter part I get a brief glimpse of errors but it loads up.....Then when I pick the IOS's listed in the faq to remove I get a brief error statement but then it seems to remove them because it says the delete is successful....(Let me know if the particular error message will be useful and Ill tell you)

But after that I was able to make it through the entire Faq without any noticable errors or issues....

I even now do Step 7 because I went out to get a gamecube controller... and MIOSpatcher seems to work fine

Do I need to use Startpatch?(I know it says optional) on some attempts when I redid everything it works...and on others it gives this error message
ISFS_Open error 106

But on the trys that it does work do I need to enable or disable anything for backups to work with Neogamma or Soft Chip?

On all the tries I have attempted when I use NeoGamma to try an run backups I get:
DVD Read error [1101]

Any suggestions or direction where to look where I might have goofed?
I really need help its getting fustrating....PM me if you would like my msn/aim/etc name to talk in real time....otherwise a responce in this thread will be equally appreciated.......

axmxwx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come when i do this guide, around the steps where i use the trucha bug restore, the homebrew channel starts going upside down?
i dont know how to fix this, and i dont want to think too hard so i just restored my bootmii backup, but how do would i go around making my hbc the right way again if i followed this guide?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
axmxwx said:
how come when i do this guide, around the steps where i use the trucha bug restore, the homebrew channel starts going upside down?
i dont know how to fix this, and i dont want to think too hard so i just restored my bootmii backup, but how do would i go around making my hbc the right way again if i followed this guide?
use dop-ios to install IOS 30 without trucha and then run the hackmii installer again to reinstall hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto