• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

impulsebsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm totally sorry if this is just a newb mistake, and I have searched, but to no avail.

when i start the process by loading boot.dol from the SD card, it says to hit 1 to continue.

At this point its just stuck, wont let me hit 1.

Anyone have this?

I have a 3.2u modded right now with softmod... but would like to upgrade to 4.1 like all the other cool kids
tongue.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to those with ntsc-j wii's
i dont really know about them so sorry guy. im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the guide though.

frost-free said:
Hey buddy, i want to know how to install the backup launcher app (NeoGammaR7) as a channel can you help me?

Thanks.
First find the .wad you want to use as a channel then install via WAD manager 1.4 or 1.5
Then find out what type of channel it is. There are 2 types of channels, forwarders and full channels. forwarders search on the sd card or usb device for the boot.dol, depends on the channel, while full channels have a version of the boot.dol injected.
I personally prefer forwarders as they are new and allow you keep updates. Full channels are a thing in the past.
You'll learn.
senkun said:
OK, it doesn't look like there would be any help coming with this issue in an english speaking forum with ntsc-j wiis in the minority.

And since Startpatch 4.1_JAP can't install, and noone knows why. I don't feel secure enough having only bootmii as IOS. So I just put Preloader back on my machine.

Yeah it does it's job without the little hacks but that "...can't find hacks.ini..." gets fooking annoying.

So, here's a basic NTSC-J hacks.ini for Preloader 0.29, installed, tested and working on my Wii. It has only 3 options;

- No health check
- Skip disck update check
- Move disck channel

CODE[No health check]
version=448
offset=0x813BBFA0
value=0x48000034
[Skip disc update check]
version=448
offset=0x8137E35C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E360
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E364
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E368
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E36C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137E370
value=0x60000000
[Move Disc Channel]
version=448
offset=0x813AE770
value=0x60000000

I've decided to list it here so if you're on a Jap Wii and want Preloader 0.29 with a basic working hacks.ini, you're in luck. I take no responsiblity if your Wii shites bricks adding this. And if you don't know what to do with the list above, you're better off just leaving your Wii as is.

Now, if you can add more hacks on to the .ini, please do, and please share. I'm gonna post this in a new thread and hope maybe one day we can have a proper Preloader hacks.ini for NTSC-J right next to the U and E versions.

Cheers.

PS: xzxero's guide rocks hard. He ain't kiddin' when he says "Consider yourself lucky because you even found this guide, it cant get any simpler than this."
thanks man, maybe those preloader hacks will work for them.

QUOTE(impulsebsd @ Sep 9 2009, 11:43 AM)
I'm totally sorry if this is just a newb mistake, and I have searched, but to no avail.

when i start the process by loading boot.dol from the SD card, it says to hit 1 to continue.

At this point its just stuck, wont let me hit 1.

Anyone have this?

I have a 3.2u modded right now with softmod... but would like to upgrade to 4.1 like all the other cool kids
tongue.gif
try updating first with the 4.0 updater then 4.1 updater if online, or get the system menu wad from NUSD if your not.

ElBeano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to clarify something... the online method lists that the Wii needs to be connected via WiFi. Is there a specific part of the steps that doesn't work with the USB LAN Adapter or something? I know there were previous problems with the LAN Adapter not working with certain things once you had all the homebrew stuff installed, but I thought I had used my LAN adapter when I had first updated my Wii.

I'm now about to do my friend's Wii with this new guide, and I just wanted to double check to see if the author was just really meaning you needed a working net connection for your Wii. If you do indeed specifically need the WiFi connection, I'll just have to do the Offline method I guess.

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I try to install HackMii but when is request the NAND backup it format my SD card ...
If I have only one SD card I can make a backup, copy the backup on my PC, copy again all the file in the SD card, reinsert it in the WII and continue the installation? In other way I will buy another SD card
tongue.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ElBeano said:
I just wanted to clarify something... the online method lists that the Wii needs to be connected via WiFi. Is there a specific part of the steps that doesn't work with the USB LAN Adapter or something? I know there were previous problems with the LAN Adapter not working with certain things once you had all the homebrew stuff installed, but I thought I had used my LAN adapter when I had first updated my Wii.

I'm now about to do my friend's Wii with this new guide, and I just wanted to double check to see if the author was just really meaning you needed a working net connection for your Wii. If you do indeed specifically need the WiFi connection, I'll just have to do the Offline method I guess.
yes it needs wifi. although i have never tried the steps with a usb lan adapter. maybe you can try and let us know whats up.

QUOTE(M0rd0r @ Sep 9 2009, 09:50 PM) Hi, I try to install HackMii but when is request the NAND backup it format my SD card ...
If I have only one SD card I can make a backup, copy the backup on my PC, copy again all the file in the SD card, reinsert it in the WII and continue the installation? In other way I will buy another SD card
tongue.gif
yes you can move the nand.bin to your computer once the backup is done and reinsert the files from the package to proceed on

ElBeano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yes it needs wifi. although i have never tried the steps with a usb lan adapter. maybe you can try and let us know whats up.

Thanks-- I already proceeded with it in offline mode on my friend's Wii, but I'm planning to update my already modded Wii with this guide. Maybe I'll try it with the LAN adapter then and get back to you.

I do have another question though-- does the DOP-IOS v7 for IOS60 step only apply if the Wii is already on firmware version 4.0 or above? We just tried that step, and it got to "Installing to Title 00000001-0000003c v6174". It got up to a count of 9 and then just froze.

EDIT: Odd... I re-ran it again, it counted up to 15, and then said the installation was complete. Guess there's no reason for concern
tongue.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ElBeano said:
xzxero said:

Thanks-- I already proceeded with it in offline mode on my friend's Wii, but I'm planning to update my already modded Wii with this guide. Maybe I'll try it with the LAN adapter then and get back to you.

I do have another question though-- does the DOP-IOS v7 for IOS60 step only apply if the Wii is already on firmware version 4.0 or above? We just tried that step, and it got to "Installing to Title 00000001-0000003c v6174". It got up to a count of 9 and then just froze.
yea dop-ios patches your IOS60 to play ww/vc games [wad's of course] off the new sd card menu
have you tried twice?
do you have that lan adapter hooked up?

ElBeano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry, I edited my post-- doing it a 2nd time seems to have worked.

Currently installing the System Menu from WAD Manager. It's been sitting at content #124 for quite some time now... wondering if I'm going to have to try to run this a 2nd time as well.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ElBeano said:
Yeah, sorry, I edited my post-- doing it a 2nd time seems to have worked.

Currently installing the System Menu from WAD Manager. It's been sitting at content #124 for quite some time now... wondering if I'm going to have to try to run this a 2nd time as well.
that is probably the most important step.
its over 20mb so it might take a little while.
whatever you do do not reset or turn off your wii.
it will die.

ElBeano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very weird. This guy's Wii seems pretty flaky. I never had any troubles like this when I modded my own Wii.

I went ahead and shut it off, as I wasn't going to get anywhere else obviously, and the Wii restarts up just fine. It's still listing 3.2U as the system version. I'm going to try it a 3rd time... just to be sure, the NAND Emulation should be left on the default of Disabled right?

I may just leave his firmware alone if all else fails. Since I can get into Homebrew manager, I should be able to load all the normal things on like Homebrew Browser, USB Loader, etc correct? Or do these require 4.0 to properly function?

EDIT: 3rd time's a charm. It worked this time. It froze up at "Press any button to continue", but a hard reset has me now booting to 4.1U. Thanks for your help and reassurance.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ElBeano said:
Very weird. This guy's Wii seems pretty flaky. I never had any troubles like this when I modded my own Wii.

I went ahead and shut it off, as I wasn't going to get anywhere else obviously, and the Wii restarts up just fine. It's still listing 3.2U as the system version. I'm going to try it a 3rd time... just to be sure, the NAND Emulation should be left on the default of Disabled right?

I may just leave his firmware alone if all else fails. Since I can get into Homebrew manager, I should be able to load all the normal things on like Homebrew Browser, USB Loader, etc correct? Or do these require 4.0 to properly function?

EDIT: 3rd time's a charm. It worked this time. It froze up at "Press any button to continue", but a hard reset has me now booting to 4.1U. Thanks for your help and reassurance.
phew, scared me man.
as long as everything workin its all good.

D

Deleted-119394

Nice guide!

I still have my PAL Wii on version 3.2U and now I finally want to update. I have a wiikey modchip installed.
Should I install DVDx and Preloader, or should\can I leave it because of the modchip?

Is there a way to completly restore my wii to factory defaults before following this guide?

Thanks for your help.

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I don't understand one think first to mod my WII. At the end of this guide I will have a fully 4.1 console or only the system menu is update ? In other words, if I follow this guide for update to 4.1 and install the other application, is equal to update first to 4.1 and after follow the guide ?
(I current have a 3.4 fw, cIOS 249r9 and HBC)

Thanks !

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
M0rd0r said:
Hi, I don't understand one think first to mod my WII. At the end of this guide I will have a fully 4.1 console or only the system menu is update ? In other words, if I follow this guide for update to 4.1 and install the other application, is equal to update first to 4.1 and after follow the guide ?
(I current have a 3.4 fw, cIOS 249r9 and HBC)

Thanks !
You can update officially before starting the guide OR by running the waninkoko updater like it says
It doesn't matter

M0rd0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:
You can update officially before starting the guide OR by running the waninkoko updater like it says

The only problem is that I haven't a WiFi connection for my Wii, I can only use my PC for this
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1