Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
havnt tried your guide as im alreadt modded, I was just checkin it out. But only reason I decided o comment was your bong made me salivate a bit. Im gonna go get mine right now and bitch it out and tell it that its not a real bong and its nothing compard to the others out there, sort of the way I do with my wife hahaha. Anyway tho NIIIIICE, Ill make sure im good and blasted before I attempt to ever use it so maybe it will make the best sense

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
havnt tried your guide as im alreadt modded, I was just checkin it out. But only reason I decided o comment was your bong made me salivate a bit. Im gonna go get mine right now and bitch it out and tell it that its not a real bong and its nothing compard to the others out there, sort of the way I do with my wife hahaha. Anyway tho NIIIIICE, Ill make sure im good and blasted before I attempt to ever use it so maybe it will make the best sense
yea yea!
keep it hesh man!
stay blown!

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
xzxero, i don't know, i only can tell you, that bootmii can't be installed as boot2 on mine wii.
vegeta4ss, how can it bee the laser, if originals are loading fine?

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i have an old wii (pre LU64) with 3.2 and it's been modded/downgraded from 3.4 using this guide http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 . I also installed/updated some IOSs (38, 53, 55, possibly more. can't remember) and used other installers to get the Wii Shop channel and games like Madworld to work on the 3.2 firmware. I'd rather not format my Wii because games like Brawl have a locked save file and I don't want to lose those. Is there any reason this guide would fail because I've used that old guide? Anything I've done would be overwritten anyway, right?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
Ok, so i have an old wii (pre LU64) with 3.2 and it's been modded/downgraded from 3.4 using this guide http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945 . I also installed/updated some IOSs (38, 53, 55, possibly more. can't remember) and used other installers to get the Wii Shop channel and games like Madworld to work on the 3.2 firmware. I'd rather not format my Wii because games like Brawl have a locked save file and I don't want to lose those. Is there any reason this guide would fail because I've used that old guide? Anything I've done would be overwritten anyway, right?
yea it will overwrite everything that guide has done on your wii.

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I assume this procedure doesn't conflict with any softmod used on the Wii (since the author said so), but just to be sure... Is there anything that can go wrong if I do this after having Twilight Hack'ed my console?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Eichro said:
I assume this procedure doesn't conflict with any softmod used on the Wii (since the author said so), but just to be sure... Is there anything that can go wrong if I do this after having Twilight Hack'ed my console?
nope
unless you unplug the wii or something

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure I understand what the NAND is, is it basically an "image" of the Wii's exact state that BootMii will use and restore back to, should the Wii become bricked? How could BootMii be loaded if the Wii gets bricked?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
Just to make sure I understand what the NAND is, is it basically an "image" of the Wii's exact state that BootMii will use and restore back to, should the Wii become bricked? How could BootMii be loaded if the Wii gets bricked?
The NAND.bin is a copy of your wii filesystem and can be used to recover a brick.
depending on how bootmii was installed [ios and/or boot2] it will either load as soon as the wii is turned on or through the homebrew channel.

oh yea, i updated the guide also if anybody wants to check it out

tuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero, pardon me but I got lots of questions

So basically if the wii I bought is korean region and premodified to US region with lets say system menu 3.X can I just start hacking it?

Theoretically if the wii I bought is korean and soft modded to us region is it safe to say it's not a lu64++ system and how do I determined it's a lu64++?

what are the disadvantage of lu64++?

Is the GC controller a must or a wii classic controler would do?

I am still contemplating to buy either a korean wii or a US wii theres a 100 buck diff in my country with the us one more expensive but having a wii fit bundled...
Any suggestion as to whether I shud get the korean or the us wii?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tuta said:
xzxero, pardon me but I got lots of questions

So basically if the wii I bought is korean region and premodified to US region with lets say system menu 3.X can I just start hacking it?

Theoretically if the wii I bought is korean and soft modded to us region is it safe to say it's not a lu64++ system and how do I determined it's a lu64++?

what are the disadvantage of lu64++?

Is the GC controller a must or a wii classic controler would do?

I am still contemplating to buy either a korean wii or a US wii theres a 100 buck diff in my country with the us one more expensive but having a wii fit bundled...
Any suggestion as to whether I shud get the korean or the us wii?

Thanks
biggrin.gif
if the wii has it's region changed already, it can continue on to get hacked.

lu64 and up are the first four digits of th newer wii models that will brick if they get downgraded in any way.

I suggest you get the US wii as I know this guide will work on it 101% and I know region changing is more advanced for a noob.

Suiton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello,

Using the last step of this guide has bricked my Wii, I have preloader and homebrew channel, is there anyway to install default ios, or update system from HBC, please help!!

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
84845382.png

Now... in this screenshot, the 00000026 and 00000024 folders have 192 Kb, but here (in my computer) they have respectively 1,64 and 1,84 Mb. Do you suggest I try downloading them again or something?

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
pakistexican88x said:
The NAND.bin is a copy of your wii filesystem and can be used to recover a brick.
depending on how bootmii was installed [ios and/or boot2] it will either load as soon as the wii is turned on or through the homebrew channel.

So I assume installing to boot2 is the best option, since I don't think you would be able to load from HBC if it gets bricked

Suiton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Suiton said:
Hello,

Using the last step of this guide has bricked my Wii, I have preloader and homebrew channel, is there anyway to install default ios, or update system from HBC, please help!!
Apparently installing preloader AFTER dopios is OF UP MOST IMPORTANCE, I mean it's SOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT that your wii channel won't boot without it.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pakistexican88x said:
xzxero said:
pakistexican88x said:

So I assume installing to boot2 is the best option, since I don't think you would be able to load from HBC if it gets bricked

yes, but newer wii's cant have it iinstalled as boot2.
thats where preloader can help you access the homebrew channel.

QUOTE(Suiton @ Sep 16 2009, 11:28 AM) QUOTE(Suiton @ Sep 16 2009, 05:48 PM)
Hello,

Apparently installing preloader AFTER dopios is OF UP MOST IMPORTANCE, I mean it's SOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT that your wii channel won't boot without it.
?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran your guide and now i can't acess my shop channel... it boots me back to the main menu... i even ran the any region changer...

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
i ran your guide and now i can't acess my shop channel... it boots me back to the main menu... i even ran the any region changer...
grab the latest shop channel wad from NUSD and install it

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed a previous guide to install softmii 3.0 on a virgin lu64 with 3.4U. Everything seemed to work. I have hbc, bannerbomb and preloader 2.9 and updated to 4.0U with Wanniko updater and Installed rev 14. When I install a backup disc it will not read in the disc channel. I installed usb loader gx and it is working fine thru the hbc. My backups will read if I install thru the usb loader but will not work in the disc channel. My question is were do I start from on your guide?

update:

sorry for asking a question that was in the faq. I found the answer and installed following your guide and it worked great. Excellent job. Guys like you make modding so much easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?