Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isacvale said:
I seem to be having a problem. After I completed the process I tried some backups through USBloader GX, and in some games (specially Mario Kart and Wario Shake It) the wiimote keeps disconnecting - it's quite often and quite annoying. Also, Wario Shake It has an in-game warning of low-battery that sometimes pops up even with battery in full capacity.I do not know if it happens with every game, but I know that when I play the originals of these games, there is no problem whatsoever. I also installed Wiiflow and the problem is also present with it.

Can someone help get rid of this "Communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted" problem?

Try using a different cios. There should be an option to launch a game under a different cios. Try 222, 223, 224 or 250. I will be updating the guide soon with a better cios with base 56.

-Erik

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
burritoboy9984 said:
I will be updating the guide soon with a better cios with base 56.
Out of curiosity, which cIOS? cIOS249v21d2x[56]?
biggrin.gif

isacvale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
burritoboy9984 said:
Try using a different cios.
Yep. Simple as that. Thank you, Eric, for your help (specially considering how easy it was to fix it). Just for the record, cIOS 222 kept them running smoothly.

Again, Gracias burritoboy!

itago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello. I get an "exception (DSI) occurred!" error when I try to update from 3.1e to 4.2e. Anyone have a solution? Tried searching but most of the people with this error have already managed to softmod their Wiis.

Edit: Fixed it by updating to 4.1 first with New Super Mario Bros
smile.gif

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!! im on 4.3U, i followed this guide and everything went smooth, im using neogamma r9 (latest version) and usb loader gx (latest version).

I burned smash bros brawl (dvd9) to a dual layer verbatim disk, using the layer break and everything, but i cant run it in neither neogamma or usb loader gx, am i missing something??

do i have to install something that is not covered in thig guide'??

thanks a lot

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.3U...is it a factory 4.3U wii???? if so, i can assure you it cannot read DVD's period....

are you sure you don't have the D3-2 or D4 drive? do other backups play in the unit?

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
brausm08 said:
4.3U...is it a factory 4.3U wii???? if so, i can assure you it cannot read DVD's period....

are you sure you don't have the D3-2 or D4 drive? do other backups play in the unit?

it is the wii from my GF....... i dont know if it was 4.3 factory or if it has de d3-2 or d4 drive, but yes, i can run other backups, i just tried mario sports mix.... dont know why i cant run smash bros... it just say error, it doesnt even begin

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...if it plays other backups, then it is not a aD3-2 or D4 drive (and not a factory 4.3U either)....

could be a cIOS/neogamma issue: what version/[base] of cIOS are you using for neogamma?

could it be a bad dump?

DL games can be troublesome for older wiis....they do have a DVD5 version of SSBB (which removes some of the FMV sequences to get it to fit)...you could try that....

my only experience with DL backups was with MPT. for that i just burned the .iso with nero7 (using Memorex DVD+RDL) and ignored all the stuff about setting the layer break and such....i have not had a problem with that burn, but then again, i may have not ventured far enough into the game....i used v4.1 Corped IOSes to play it right from the Disc channel though as well....

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this is the tut i allways use, ive done a few wiis 4.2 and 4.3 .....what i dont get is what i need to do if i want the 4.2 to be a 4.3 after it has been modded, ive searched and dont seem to get it

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this tut won't bring you to 4.3 if you're on 4.2.... there's no reason to go to 4.3. if you want 4.3 however, just install IOS80 and SM4.3 for your region using MMM or the wad manager of your choice....having IOS80 is important!!! ...you'll brick without it. after install, you'll need to also install priiloader again as a SM reinstall wipes that out.

Modmii is the better resource if you're insisting on 4.3 from 4.2 (but even Modmii tells you it's pointless)...link in my sig.

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the reason i want to is bc on the 4.3 with the smash stack mod donkey komg works and i have a net flix channel (or can install i dont belive i got that wad here)
ive used this tut alot with 100 per success.... just cant seem to fig out what i need to do to make the 4.2 play dk.... and the netflix deal, i could deal with the disc if i could just get dk to play....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2 or 4.3 is irrelevant to getting any game to work...are you trying from a disc (backup or authentic) or USB...

if you're talking about DKCR, mine plays perfect from USB via my setup in my sig....(you can get all the needed files for my configuration from Modmii)

if you're playing from disc and it's saying you need 4.3 to play, then just enable the 'block disc updates' hack in priiloader...

what about netflix...? so long as you have shop channel on v20, you should be able to download the channel right from shop for free.

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use wiiflow... as far as shop i dunno, guess id have whatever this tut would provide..... i have updates blocked and all other suggested options in this tut

Rexobias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First I need to say thanks for the people who made this guide.

Second ...

I followed this guide to mod 2 red Wii's. Everything works great except one thing: they cant read any non-original Discs.

I tried to boot a game using NeoGamma and Gecko OS and I have a error, and I cant install a game on Configurable USB Loader cause it cant read the disc. This only happens with non-original discs.

Is this normal? If I want to install a new non-original game on this Wii's I need to use WBFS Manager to do it?

Thanks for the attention ...

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rexobias said:
First I need to say thanks for the people who made this guide.

Second ...

I followed this guide to mod 2 red Wii's. Everything works great except one thing: they cant read any non-original Discs.

I tried to boot a game using NeoGamma and Gecko OS and I have a error, and I cant install a game on Configurable USB Loader cause it cant read the disc. This only happens with non-original discs.

Is this normal? If I want to install a new non-original game on this Wii's I need to use WBFS Manager to do it?

Thanks for the attention ...

Newer wii's can't read backups, period. N changed the drive a couple of years back.

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded a cios21dx for people who want to try the updated cios21 that should fix some wiimote sync/other issues with wiimotes. Thanks to Davebaol, xabby666 and xflak. Will be working on the guide this week, adding exploits for lego star wars among other things.

-Erik

loquin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 4.2 has whatever comes with the links of this tut... i originally did this wii prob aprx 6months ago... i also redid it with this tut in the past week per the 4.2 guid lines
i allways download new packs so i can make sure that i get the newest stuff as it seems this thread is extremlly well updated.....

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
burritoboy9984 said:
I've uploaded a cios21dx for people who want to try the updated cios21 that should fix some wiimote sync/other issues with wiimotes. Thanks to Davebaol, xabby666 and xflak. Will be working on the guide this week, adding exploits for lego star wars among other things.

-Erik
make sure u uploaded v2 of our cIOS. they should be called cIOS249[XX]-v21d2x2
thx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: