• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys following the guide for Modding 4.2.

Got down to the Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS steps. Can get WAD Manager to load but it keeps coming up with a -1 error which I know is something to do with the SD Card - is there a way to send the files over a wireless network as I have done this before when soft modding other Wiis?

JohnnyWadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew Ninja said:
JohnnyWadd said:
Everything seems to have worked brilliantly. Now my question is can I delete "AnyTitle Deleter" or Trucha Bug Restorer. I'd like to make the system child/foolproof. Is it okay to get rid of those so that someone can't brick the Wii. If so, how would I go about doing that. Thanks for the excellent guide.

If you have finished the modify 4.2 part then you can delete everything from the SD card. Just make sure you have stored the nand.bin, keys.bin and bootmii folder somewhere safe on the computer.

So, I don't need any of the files? Should I back them up? What about the "Private" folder? I guess I just create the apps folder again for my new homebrew apps. Do I need anything else on the card?

I have another question: I'd like to install some additional WAD files. I put them in the wad folder on the sd card and was going to use wad manager to install them. It asks me which IOS to use. Does this matter? I picked the default option and everything went ok. Should I continue to do it this way?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyWadd said:
Homebrew Ninja said:
JohnnyWadd said:
Everything seems to have worked brilliantly. Now my question is can I delete "AnyTitle Deleter" or Trucha Bug Restorer. I'd like to make the system child/foolproof. Is it okay to get rid of those so that someone can't brick the Wii. If so, how would I go about doing that. Thanks for the excellent guide.

If you have finished the modify 4.2 part then you can delete everything from the SD card. Just make sure you have stored the nand.bin, keys.bin and bootmii folder somewhere safe on the computer.

So, I don't need any of the files? Should I back them up? What about the "Private" folder? I guess I just create the apps folder again for my new homebrew apps. Do I need anything else on the card?

I have another question: I'd like to install some additional WAD files. I put them in the wad folder on the sd card and was going to use wad manager to install them. It asks me which IOS to use. Does this matter? I picked the default option and everything went ok. Should I continue to do it this way?
You could keep AnyTitleDeleterMOD and WadManager as they come in handy. WadManager can be used to install Wii Channels, WiiWare games, and Virtual Console games. Everythign else can be removed from the SD card as they are only used for the initial hack. For WadManager, I choose IOS 249 which I think is the default choice.

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sindrik said:
longtom1 said:
just install over the top never uninstall IOS's

just stay on rev14

Would anyone recommend installing the newest Wanin rev16? And what about StartPatch Mod 4.5 v2.5?

I'm using Rev14.

As they say "if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it"

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TeenTin said:
Why does it take so long for Dop-IOS v10 to release ?

Is wad installer being implemented into it ?
Its out
biggrin.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199616

Arfman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EeZeEpEe said:
You could keep AnyTitleDeleterMOD and WadManager as they come in handy. WadManager can be used to install Wii Channels, WiiWare games, and Virtual Console games. Everythign else can be removed from the SD card as they are only used for the initial hack. For WadManager, I choose IOS 249 which I think is the default choice.
Hmm, I always choose IOS36 because that's what the guide told me to do during the hack, but IOS249 is indeed default after the whole process. However, VC games and other stuff I install through Wad Manager on IOS36 works perfectly. Is there any harm in installing in IOS36 or should I switch to IOS249 for installing? Thanks.

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive already used softmii 2 in the past on my 3.4 wii, can I just start this guide to get to 4.2 with everything updated or do I need to start from a particular section ?

Tolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter MOD
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

when i goto the screen anytitle deleter and load it.
i select the file isos36 and press a
i get a error
ISFS_DELETE (ret =-106)
?
any idea's

nojones

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

This might be very stupid question (and my 1st post here) but here goes :

I tried a step-by-step guide on another forum (was w/o Trucha bug restore) and ended up with no-go. Tried this one here wich ends before I can restore Trucha Bug :

Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 & press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
=> core dump
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings,,,

4.2E / HB 1.0.6 / IOS 61v21.29 / LEH2612xxxx / Kingston 2GB

So,,, Is it the gear or is my brain ? (again =P)

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do the first step already? If so, try again, and again, and again, and again... if it code dumps the 4th time then come back and we will go from there..

-Erik

Tolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deleting stub IOS's
Run Any Title Deleter MOD
Choose IOS36 & press A.
Go to System Titles & press A.
Select IOS222 & press A to delete.
Select IOS223 & press A to delete.
Select IOS249 & press A to delete.
Select IOS250 & press A to delete.

when i goto the screen anytitle deleter and load it.
i select the file isos36 and press a
i get a error
ISFS_DELETE (ret =-106)
?
any idea's

i updated to 4.2

Arte

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I followed everything for the update part but i am stuck at the beginning of the Modify one.
I have now 4.2e with the homebrew channel from the previous part and when i go to channels>sd to install the new one the wii freezes
Of course i have deleted everything from the previous installation from the sd and put in the modify.zip files
any ideas?

i solved, didn't read correctly and was trying to access there from channels.
i can't install bootmii as boot2 (i get a purple thing written), is doing the nand backup still useful?

Tolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
Sounds like you didn't trucha correctly tolly.. Follow the guide to a T...

-Erik

i have done it several times and each time it has done the same thing......any other ideas would be great thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo