Not open for further replies.

zxc2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
stormyuan said:
thanks for the Great work from SleepyPrince.
now, you can change multi-language game, from jp to english
like "red steel", "monkey ball", "big brain", "my sim"......

for example: red steel (the game in JP console only show jp subtitle)
E2.jpg

hi, can you tellme how can you change the language?, i want to put metroid prime in spanish, mi wii is ntsc, and i only can play in english,

sorry for my bad english, thanks

stormyuan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
SleepyPrince said:
Cooking Mama Usa on Jap Wii

Didn't have much hope for Cooking Mama USA to work on Jap Wii before (white screen after save creation)
Took another look into the main.dol, the change seems too easy

The game can now be played on Jap wii with full English interface.
No more crashing or white screen

Modified main.dol

Yes, it works fine for me.
Tested with wiikey1.9g + JP-Wii

I modified the fst.bin(changed JP? to USA), but it didn't work...>_<

thx for your great work~

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus. I've been wondering why the GBATemp news post about Trucha Signer uses hadn't updated and now I find that it's because they STOPPED updating it. I'm actually kinda mad to see that they are aware of the NHM US->PAL uncensored hack enough to put it on the main page but they will not add a link to the news post they promised to keep updating.
frown.gif
With so many developments coming so fast, I expected this to be one of the first. Why would I keep looking at the Wii releases for this instead of the post that promised to update with this stuff?!

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
ih8crouch said:
dweirdo said:
can some 1 explain me how to change the values in main.dol?
i have Ultra edit but when i hit "find" i cant find the lines.
(VmC doesnt work for meh)

use CTRL + H to get into Hex mode then CTRL + G to find the hex your looking to change e.g 0x4C4453 and the thing that need changing will be highlighted
thanks man
biggrin.gif
and do you know where i need to change the values in winning eleven?
EDIT:WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO MADE VMC TO WORK!!!$@#
to all the ppl who cant get vmc to work do right click on main.dol and open with, choose a program and search for wii-vmc :DDDDDD
works great!

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I may have found a way to set Fire Emblem USA to work on JAP, or at least something worth trying. Working on sleepy's fix for Cooking Mama:

Open up the main.dol, and search for "JPN" (text) - should lead to a text area with JPN...USA...etc. Change the JPN to USA (THIS FIX BY ITSELF DOES NOT WORK) and the USA to JPN (untested).

Then, as an extra step, search for fe10_us.dat and change it to fe10_jp.dat.

I have not yet been able to try this, as I ran out of DVDs simply changing JPN to USA on the .dol, but I believe either the 2nd fix (USA to JPN), or a combination of all of them, could have a large effect. If anyone has the time and DVDs to spare (or has already tried and failed with this), let me know how it goes!

EDIT: Found a spare DVD, applied all fixes mentioned, needless to say its now a coaster
frown.gif
. However, if you disassemble the main.dol with IDA and look at the point where both DQ, FE and Cooking Mama have the string of JPN...USA...FRE etc., there is a reference to a subroutine there - someone who understands assembly more than I do may be able to work out how to deal with this.

Let the efforts continue!

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Error #001 was fixed a while ago, check the gbatemp.net front page post or earlier in this thread for the hex string to look for. This is to fix games which fail to load on JAP consoles (and also doesn't work).

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Xandu said:
Damn I sent my Wii to be remodded just for that! And I think they ruined it!!

Bad luck! I was *this* close to doing the same myself due to my dud Wiikey, but that was around the time the Twilight hack came out and I assumed that waiting would have no harm. Hope your Wii isn't screwed, anyways.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CZroe said:
Jesus. I've been wondering why the GBATemp news post about Trucha Signer uses hadn't updated and now I find that it's because they STOPPED updating it. I'm actually kinda mad to see that they are aware of the NHM US->PAL uncensored hack enough to put it on the main page but they will not add a link to the news post they promised to keep updating.
frown.gif
With so many developments coming so fast, I expected this to be one of the first. Why would I keep looking at the Wii releases for this instead of the post that promised to update with this stuff?!

They added this news to the releases section........

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ SleepyPrince, other people working on the Fire Emblem problems - Fire Emblem PAL works on JAP Wiis! How *odd* is that! Huge thanks to stormyuan, for pointing that out. In that case, anyone tried VMC-ing to PAL on DQ?

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mwaddoups said:
@ SleepyPrince, other people working on the Fire Emblem problems - Fire Emblem PAL works on JAP Wiis! How *odd* is that! Huge thanks to stormyuan, for pointing that out. In that case, anyone tried VMC-ing to PAL on DQ?
stormyuan told me also, the work on Fire Emblem has been stopped.
Still got no idea how to get DQ works...

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of interest, what HAVE you tried with DQ? I'd like to know so I don't waste any discs going through the same procedures.

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mwaddoups said:
Just out of interest, what HAVE you tried with DQ? I'd like to know so I don't waste any discs going through the same procedures.
Almost nothing.... stormyuan tried putting jap main.dol into us iso... didn't work
really don't know how to deal with the _us folder
overlapping files but different offset and size...

maybe you should try using DVD RW?

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is a really strange structure, and I've drawn blanks on it as well - so many files are different, it would require huge manual offsetting and size changing in the fst.bin and replacing in trucha - things your tool makes easier, but it would be nice to have a neater solution. Even then, you'd have to choose overlapping files to pick, and its all incredibly awkward.

As for using DVD-RW, the burns never seem to work for me with the discs I'm using (Sony DVD-RW).

danci

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so how do you make red steel to be playable with eng subs? is it the same with cooking mama? can the modified main.dol be used???

what other games can now be played?

SleepyPrince

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mwaddoups said:
It is a really strange structure, and I've drawn blanks on it as well - so many files are different, it would require huge manual offsetting and size changing in the fst.bin and replacing in trucha - things your tool makes easier, but it would be nice to have a neater solution. Even then, you'd have to choose overlapping files to pick, and its all incredibly awkward.

As for using DVD-RW, the burns never seem to work for me with the discs I'm using (Sony DVD-RW).
I am trying to add functions to my tool to achieve batch replace (e.g. replace all files with "_JAP" with files with "_ENG")
but that doesn't help on choosing which file to replace in DQ.

Philips DVD+RW works for me

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might have to see if I can get a hold of the PAL version of Fire Emblem (or at least the fst and main.dol), to see the differences between those too (if there is any connection between any 2 games, lol). I think its so odd that would work, but patching the video to PAL on a NTSC version surely wouldn't fix it...would it?

EDIT: No, it wouldn't - compatibility lists SMG PAL as failing to boot, so they must have changed something else in the game.

BoBMang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as a Brawl US comes out, hopefully someone can find the HEX value to remove the modchip detection, a la Mario and JP Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill