Hacking Modified SoftChip that works for Rock Band

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Only remove IOS249 if you are 3.2 firmware or lower. If you ignore this, you need to downgrade.
Delete IOS249 with AnyTitleDeleter and then run the cIOS installer to install the new one. The black screen might be a sign of a error on your sd card, let your pc check it. As said before cIOS37 as IOS249 will mess up things, i'm sure you don't want this. Use the d-pad to select something in the installer.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flaps said:
Yeah, it just lists wierd options...

Seriously, it's not that complicated! Which guide do you follow? I don't know a guide which doesn't tell exactly which option to select in the multi_cios_installer.

flaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FINALLY GOT IT! OH GOD I LUV YOU GUYS,
THANKS
biggrin.gif

//Flaps

dark_mole

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I am not English-speaking, excuse my bad English... And please, if you answer to me, write with a good english. Thanks.

I need ur help.
I ran IOS manager and installed IOS37 as IOS232.
I am not sur that it worked ; it installed 15 files on 15 and at the end, it return on the Homebrew screen menu. I hope yes...
Then, I ran SoftChip, but once here, I can't choose the IOS232, it is not in the list. I can choose IOS37 or IOS249 and many others but not the 232.

I tried to install IOS37 as IOS249 with IOS Manager, then, i ran SoftChip with IOS249 but it still doesn't work.
I mean, the game work, but my drums still doesn't work (the drum's icon on the drums ignites but the player 1's LED doesn't).

Any ideas ?

dark_mole

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem was while the installation of IOS37 as IOS232 with IOS manager. I had some errors, I don't know why.
I used Backup channel to read my copies. To install this channel, I had to install an IOS (IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad). Afterward, I updated my Wii in 3.4E. I think the errors was linked with this IOS installation and this update. So I downgraded my Wii in 3.2 and reinstall IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad.
Then, I started again the instruction (in page 1 of this post) then it worked.
I had the choice to choose the IOS 232 in Softchip. Thing which I could not do before.
And of course, after choosing this one, Rock Band work with my drums !

I am not sur you will understand what I tried to explain here but I could maybe help some... :-D

Thank you Arm the Homeless ! And thanks to every guys who worked on those files !

For the french speakers, I made a tutorial here:
http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic...t=#entry1489150

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cygoku said:
If I install ios37-64-v2070.wad using WadManager1.3 under the f/w 3.4U, will it brick my Wii ??

Cygoku

Ni, it shouldn't brick your Wii. But i only would install it, if you don't already have a IOS37.

herudae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi,

I have recently installed Waninkoko's cios36 v9 and backup launcher ntsc forced by Wiiish, I have RB1 with instruments & RB2 without instruments, yesterday i made a backup of my RB2 in order to preserve the original, but when i tried to play it didn't recognize my instruments, i've been reading this post but i have some questions:

- What is the version of the cios36 in the multi cios installer?
- will it overwrite the version i have instaled? if so, what should i do?

thank you for your help, thank you very much to Waninkoko, Wiigator, Softchip Team and ALL the people who share their knowledge and work with us, thankyou again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The multiciosinstaller installs rev7 cIOS, just install a cIOS37 as IOS248 and play your games that need the usb instruments with SoftChip set to IOS248. This way it won't overwrite anything and work fine. For now there's no way to get the usb instruments working with the usb launcher.

herudae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks a lot WiiPower, but now i have one more question, what is the better option to install the RB Modchip or the latest version of normal softchip? let's remember i have Backup Launcher Channel for other games, i'm asking because i don't know if the newest version is more stable or faster with THIS game then the older.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There shouldn't be a difference in the speed. Just take the latest version(R88), but you can take theoretically any version between the rock band version and the latest one.

herudae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks again, i've followed all the steps and when i press A to install IOS37 with IOS36 rev7 dip as IOS 232 it tries to connect to network then it gives me an error because i don't have the Wii connected to Internet.

I have ios37 files in the specified folder

What should i do?
Could someone help me please?

EDIT

I found my mistake, i was choosing the option IOS37 with IOS36 rev7 dip as IOS 232 when i was suposed to choose IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232, well i installed it yesterday and proved it with RB2, works fine.

Nadrien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello (sorry i'm french so my english is not very good)

I have made all this tutorial, but when I started the Rock Band channel, i only have a green screen... What must i edit ? Firmware ? Cios ?
Help me please
wacko.gif

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, Im just ata buying the Rock Band wireless Fender Stratocaster guitar, Im planing on using it with RB Beatles, but I'd also like to try out RB 1 & RB 2. Ive downloaded the 3 games now. Ive never played RB or GH before. I want to get it all working as quickly as possible & hopfully without any headaches. I want to be able to run the games from the Disk Channel. Do I just to need to install the Rockband Channel .wad from this tread? or do I also need to install IOS37 etc to get the games to run? I have a PAL Wii with a D2Pro on v3.2e. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx for reading

Hankarlo

GBAtemp.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all look at the first post here and you can get all the files necessary for this to work.
And second of all you shouldnt need to use the Rock Band Launcher with an original game on the disk channel.
It should work as is. But I have a backup, cause my original RB2 game messed up. So im not sure.
But all I know is that the rock band launcher worked for me on my backup copy
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ